Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any Disney hotels soldout?? I’m unsure if I’m going next week or the week after but I’m worried about a hotel selling out possibly. Thanks for any wisdom from the elite Disney fans
Aside from possibly Labor Day weekend, I don’t think any of the hotels have sold out. Now there could be a day here or there that every DVC room at a place like BWV is sold out, but I really don’t think it’s happened outside that one holiday weekend.

At this point I don't think there's any type of urgency to fix it, they might just wait for Tron to be done
I'm just sad because my DH hasn't been to WDW in 3 years and it's one of his favorites. He's now going to miss it on two upcoming trips rather than just one. Of course this just means we have to go on more trips so he can go on it again, thankfully I have a secret one booked for next summer so maybe they'll have it fixed by then.

At this point I don't think there's any type of urgency to fix it, they might just wait for Tron to be done
That’s going to be a while then... there is not need to wait for it to be done though.

I would think the urgency would be to give the people something else to do!

I also don't love that refurbishments at hotels are taking priority over ride construction/refurbishment, but oh well.

I also don't love that refurbishments at hotels are taking priority over ride construction/refurbishment, but oh well.
Some of that likely was planned in advance. This Peoplemover refurb wasn’t pre-planned as far as I know.

I have been an avid reader of the boards for years. Love Disney and go two or three times a year for the past 15 years. Such great information!

I just got back yesterday from a 6 day trip. On Thursday at Magic Kingdom, I witnessed something that was disappointing. This was while waiting in (a long) line for Winnie the Pooh. The group in front of us had their masks pulled under their noses. Their little girl in the stroller did not have on a mask at all. A Cast Member walked up and asked how old the little girl was. The father responded very loudly that she was one. My husband and I thought that was funny because we have five kids and this child was at least 3, maybe even 4. The Cast Member then pointedly asked again how old the child was. The father very loudly said "Leave Us Alone". He was very rude. The Cast Member had a little black iPad type device. She was typing furiously. She kept standing kind of near the line. My family thought for sure they were going to be asked to leave. Sure enough, a couple minutes later two security guards showed up. However, they never spoke to the man or the family. They were actually two families traveling together and they both had strollers. They actually had both the strollers through the entire queue. I thought that was also odd, because i have always been told to park my stroller if I even got close to an entrance of a ride in the past. The two dads waited until was almost time to get on the ride and then they lifted the strollers over their heads and left the lines. The mom then put a mask on the little girl. We got off the ride right after them. I wanted to see what happened and nothing ever did. The security guards never said anything. We watched the families go about their way and the security guards stayed put.

The first part of the trip was great. Crowds increased steadily over the week. Saturday was the worst day we have ever had at a Disney park. Stayed at the Beach Club. The lack of food offerings started getting old by the end, but mobile ordering was efficient. We left MK on Saturday because I have never seen it so crowded and we definitely had waits over an hour for Splash and 7DMT. Even Small World was posted at 45 minutes. Half of the times the lines moved faster than posted for us, several times it was as posted or longer.

As much as I love Disney, we won't be back until they figure something out about the wait times. It is just too expensive (we have to get either two rooms or a two bedroom villa) and too difficult to get there for the experience for us at this time.

I get the Star Wars hotel work as that was (I think) pretty close to getting done and will bring in huge $ per guest so - so taht should really help the income statement

But I also would think the people mover would provide significant capacity enabling them to get more people in the park and not require a ton of extra cast members so return on $ should be fairly high (compared to other projects) - but maybe @rteetz is right (as mentioned in news thread) that having issues getting parts given how custom that attraction is

I have been an avid reader of the boards for years. Love Disney and go two or three times a year for the past 15 years. Such great information!

I just got back yesterday from a 6 day trip. On Thursday at Magic Kingdom, I witnessed something that was disappointing. This was while waiting in (a long) line for Winnie the Pooh. The group in front of us had their masks pulled under their noses. Their little girl in the stroller did not have on a mask at all. A Cast Member walked up and asked how old the little girl was. The father responded very loudly that she was one. My husband and I thought that was funny because we have five kids and this child was at least 3, maybe even 4. The Cast Member then pointedly asked again how old the child was. The father very loudly said "Leave Us Alone". He was very rude. The Cast Member had a little black iPad type device. She was typing furiously. She kept standing kind of near the line. My family thought for sure they were going to be asked to leave. Sure enough, a couple minutes later two security guards showed up. However, they never spoke to the man or the family. They were actually two families traveling together and they both had strollers. They actually had both the strollers through the entire queue. I thought that was also odd, because i have always been told to park my stroller if I even got close to an entrance of a ride in the past. The two dads waited until was almost time to get on the ride and then they lifted the strollers over their heads and left the lines. The mom then put a mask on the little girl. We got off the ride right after them. I wanted to see what happened and nothing ever did. The security guards never said anything. We watched the families go about their way and the security guards stayed put.

The first part of the trip was great. Crowds increased steadily over the week. Saturday was the worst day we have ever had at a Disney park. Stayed at the Beach Club. The lack of food offerings started getting old by the end, but mobile ordering was efficient. We left MK on Saturday because I have never seen it so crowded and we definitely had waits over an hour for Splash and 7DMT. Even Small World was posted at 45 minutes. Half of the times the lines moved faster than posted for us, several times it was as posted or longer.

As much as I love Disney, we won't be back until they figure something out about the wait times. It is just too expensive (we have to get either two rooms or a two bedroom villa) and too difficult to get there for the experience for us at this time.

About the strollers - Disney allows strollers in line when they are being used as a wheelchair. They’ve got a special tag from Disney when that’s the case.

Not that that excuses the garbage behaviour from them but the strollers themselves may not have been breaking a rule.

Thanks for sharing - and i think your last line is really important and making me think

I know people point to pre-FP times and how these wait times really aren't bad comparatively but: a) it didn't cost nearly as much to got o Disney then as it does now and b) the park hours were much longer then - so even if lines were longer you could get more done in a day ... so the value I think was higher then

Dont' get me wrong, I think oe can still have a great time and for many it might still be worth it, but I think (obviously) ok, to just want to hit pause on your WDW trips until things evolve a bit more

Unnamed site reporting that Tron is in turmoil and most likely won't be open for the 50th... Yikes if thats true.

What better time to do hotel refurbs than when they don't need the rooms for guests. It would normally take forever to do resorts like Poly, closing down one building at a time, but now they can just get it all done at once. I know the CL building had been blocked for booking for time in the fall pre-covid, I assume they were already planning to shut it down and now just saw the opportunity to just do it all in one big swing. They aren't even booking up the stuff that is open, so I think it's a smart move (even if I did have to move a resort stay somewhere else). I do wish they'd go ahead and fix Peoplemover, but I guess I'll have to be patient, it was breaking down a lot so I know it needs it.....hopefully they'll clean all the crumbs out of the seats while they're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter