Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering WDW closed before any shutdowns, thats what I was meaning
This is different now, before I honestly believe they thought they'd be closed a few weeks and then we'd be past the worst of it (keep everyone inside and safe, the virus will go away, it'll be fine, blah blah blah). Now they know they're doing what they can to stay safe, and knowing how hard it is to get back open again they'd probably go kicking and screaming.

I don't see that happening really, so many people will go no matter what happens with the virus, especially since WDW is seen as super safe. I could see them lowering capacity a hair but not much.
Disneyland Paris is just as safe as WDW.
But as the governor let WDW reopen in July when the figures skyhigh. DLP reopened when the figures were low.

Disneyland Paris is just as safe as WDW.
But as the governor let WDW reopen in July when the figures skyhigh. DLP reopened when the figures were low.
Well of course it is, but when the government of France decides to shut everything down that means everything. Look at the US government, a shut down is more than likely not happening anytime soon.

Site that shall not be named showed off new permits that SSE will be going forward with its refurbishment

View attachment 535143
As long as it’s after the holiday season, my husband will lose it. He’s already sad about peoplemover, to lose one of his other favs from our trips would tear him apart. He hasn’t been in almost 3 years (I keep inviting him, but he never accepts), and said “I can deal with one of the rides being down, but I can’t handle both”

I'm almost certain they have a plan for a "second wave" but again - not to get too into this - how can it be a wave if it never really stops....
anyway
My point is that I don't think the climates (politically, economically, governmentally, socially) are parallel enough to have WDW follow suite this time.

They would of course be subject to the state rules should the state shut things down again, but as I said I don't see that happening either.

It's true.

Between this, the election, the fighting, the constant bad news (not pointing any fingers here!), the fear of my job furloughing and doing paycuts again, numbers going up, every social media site I read is crazy...it's all really getting to me. Like making me panic and I don't do that.

I may have to cut myself off of the internet for a while. :)

Take a break for yourself if you need it

Right now there is normal anxiety + Covid related anxiety + seasonal anxiety + election related anxiety .... It's a lot for anyone (and everyone) to deal with!

At least new episodes of the Baby Yoda show in two days!

I get it. This was me back in Apr-Jun. And still now really. The amount of stuff I have cut out from internet, tv etc. I just don't need to deal with it. I already deal with mental things, and don't need that on top of it. Literally my TV is either on the Food Network watching Guy, or just watching Dinsey+.

I used to go all over Reddit, especially the sports pages. But literally I've cut it down to a bunch of doggo and food subs. Made me so happy.

Maybe it's putting my head in the sand, or whatever, but I don't care.
See, now your talking! Just limit some of the exposure, everyone needs to remember to take care of themselves first, most importantly as we deal with all this in our own way.
I emailed my brother and had him send me our Mom's old Ranch Bean casserole recipe, woo hoo, I haven't had that in years :) Sometimes it's the simple things can help turn ya around :)
(I hope it tastes as good as I remember!)

Why would WDW shut again in January? Covid levels?
Apparently some are concerned with the government (state or federal) forcing them to shutdown if Covid doesn’t die down. Discussion of if that is realistic or not is political so don’t go there, but that is why the topic popped up today.

Apparently some are concerned with the government (state or federal) forcing them to shutdown if Covid doesn’t die down. Discussion of if that is realistic or not is political so don’t go there, but that is why the topic popped up today.
Where is that discussion going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter