Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...they continue spending money on a Poly refurb that nobody asked for and hadn't been previously announced before Covid. Plus redoing the entrance signs..again "who the heck asked??". Plowing ahead on refurbs to SSE and insisting on the dang Star Wars Hotel (seriously who in their right mind is spending money on that vacation in this crap economy??). And executives making stupid salaries.

But sure, let's fire Tinkerbelle.

The optics on this are terrible.

That's the biggest indicator that nothing is coming back soon. To re-hire and train entire crews takes a lot of time and money. Clearly the money they'll save by not having these people on the payroll is more than what they think it will take to eventually replace (some of) them. Once things are better financially I am sure they'll revisit each form of entertainment and make the call them to bring them back or not.
Hopefully they poll recent visitors and those booked within whatever timeframe they eye for the restart of entertainment. Learning what we have learned these past months and 24 hours in particular, I’d cast my voice for bringing back as much lost live entertainment as possible before nighttime shows. Assuming near equal costs for show crews or fireworks spectaculars, I’d rather see performers back to work. Even if I don’t watch Indy ever again (or whatever it’s replaced with).

So...they continue spending money on a Poly refurb that nobody asked for and hadn't been previously announced before Covid. Plus redoing the entrance signs..again "who the heck asked??". Plowing ahead on refurbs to SSE and insisting on the dang Star Wars Hotel (seriously who in their right mind is spending money on that vacation in this crap economy??). And executives making stupid salaries.

But sure, let's fire Tinkerbelle.

The optics on this are terrible.
Many of these things planned and financially scheduled for ahead of covid. Some paint on signs isn’t going to make a difference one way or another. The Poly refurb is part of the refurb schedule for hotels. The lobby piece reportedly is due to structural concerns with the beam. Star Wars hotel will see a direct return. The SSE is not plowing ahead.

Many of these things planned and financially scheduled for ahead of covid. Some paint on signs isn’t going to make a difference one way or another. The Poly refurb is part of the refurb schedule for hotels. The lobby piece reportedly is due to structural concerns with the beam. Star Wars hotel will see a direct return. The SSE is not plowing ahead.

It's all bad optics. Doesn't matter what their plan was.

And please...PLEASE...nobody is more of a Disney apologist than me. They can do no wrong....and I am mad, and sad and so disappointed in them right now. So please don't try to explain or defend their side. I'm wallowing for a while.

I feel at this point Covid has ruined SO MUCH that I may sound defensive of Disney’s actions sometimes but it’s more like lack of surprise at this point. When something happens it’s just like yep saw that one coming, yep that sucks add it to the list, yep whats lost next?

Kind of like how it was a huge deal in March when schools closed, but now I’m fully expecting it to happen over and over and just shake my head at all of it and everything big and small kids keep missing out on.

I hope it’s understood I am not trying to downplay how awful it is when it’s your (general) livelihood that’s impacted.

I
I feel at this point Covid has ruined SO MUCH that I may sound defensive of Disney’s actions sometimes but it’s more like lack of surprise at this point. When something happens it’s just like yep saw that one coming, yep that sucks add it to the list, yep whats lost next?

Kind of like how it was a huge deal in March when schools closed, but now I’m fully expecting it to happen over and over and just shake my head at all of it and everything big and small kids keep missing out on.

I hope it’s understood I am not trying to downplay how awful it is when it’s your (general) livelihood that’s impacted.
I think we all need to give each other some breathing room, not everything has to be a confrontation or a discussion. I'm devastated, seriously didn't sleep last night thinking of everyone affected, I'm riding ab emotional rollercoaster, that doesn't mean I'm gonna get confrontational with anyone.

I didn’t realize they were paid after travel, I assumed it was after any PIF cancellation window passed. That stinks for those folks, for sure 😕
On a related note, I recently took an interview in Dallas, TX, where my hotel had a view of the Concur campus in Allen. They’re a big player in corporate travel services, and it was really eerie just how dormant that place was for my 3 days/2 nights in the start of the week.
Concur is who I book my corporate travel through. Have never talked to an employee of theirs though. All web based. Use them constantly. Leave at 3 a.m. in the morning towards the Lou for flight to OKC.

Concur is who I book my corporate travel through. Have never talked to an employee of theirs though. All web based. Use them constantly. Leave at 3 a.m. in the morning towards the Lou for flight to OKC.
DW, as well. She has spoken to them once in 3 years of traveling weekly. They also manage her firm’s expense reporting software. Honestly, I was shocked at how big their campus was.

I

I think we all need to give each other some breathing room, not everything has to be a confrontation or a discussion. I'm devastated, seriously didn't sleep last night thinking of everyone affected, I'm riding ab emotional rollercoaster, that doesn't mean I'm gonna get confrontational with anyone.
I appreciate your reporting from the ground. I hate reading it sometimes, but it makes the numbers human.
Because of your posts, and little else, I’ve been inspired to give to the pantry a couple times.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter