Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reservations seem like the most organized way to control crowds for all restaurants/gyms/activities - I hope we see that as a sweeping trend across our country.
I believe that's why all ADR's were cancelled across the board at DS. It is easier for restaurants to control capacity when people contact them directly to book.

Reading these arguments is interesting. I don't know how many Disney employees who will be called back to work when the park opens are elderly, have underlying conditions, or are smokers. Probably quite a few? I assume most of them need to work, would be ineligible for any kind of assistance if they choose not to return and are looking at a bleak job market if they want to find a job that's less risky.

Anyone returning to work is assuming some risk, and based on the union agreement specifics that were released yesterday, Disney and the workers have agreed to some risk mitigation in the form of a mask requirement for them and for guests. Maybe it'll work and stay mandatory for along time, maybe the employees will decide the hassle and discomfort isn't worth it and ask that the requirement be dropped from the agreement. Until then, the least anyone can do if they choose to go to Disney on a vacation and take advantage of these people's risks is to do as they ask and wear a mask and follow social distancing, even if you don't think other people will, even if other people aren't, even if you think mask wearing is stupid and unhelpful. Disney has definitely accounted for those people and likely have a plan to deal with them, no matter how ineffective any of us may think it is.

That personally seems like the best way to move foreword to me.

I cannot believe part of the mask debate is still will they or won’t they require them.

If Bob Chapek and the union both said in some fashion “we are opening June 15th” that would be the accepted opening date. Masks are required for the time being. It really doesn’t matter whether you (General you) think they’re stupid.

I read somewhere that MCO traffic is down 97% since the parks are closed. They can pretty much guarantee that with parks closing, people won’t be traveling. I’m actually surprised there are any flights to Orlando with the parks closed. :confused:
Why wouldn’t there by flights still to/from MCO? There are travelers going there for other reasons. If there weren’t flights, I wouldn’t be able to visit my client there, that I do essential state work for, to help keep your world moving.

I think someone mentioned yesterday that the restaurants in Disney Springs have been pulled off the Disney site for June where they were available before. I can’t see any openings on opentable either, but can not imagine they aren’t going to open even their restaurants. Sounds a little crazy especially given the rumors Central Fl is moving into Phase 2 soon.

There has to be something else going on. Maybe they can’t come to an agreement with a union or don’t have the staff? It’s 3 weeks away. I was thinking I’d book an available resort and just pool and Disney springs a budget type trip.

I don't question the inconvenience it will cause at all. But it does seem like the most organized way to control crowds and respect your time in advance. I hope that system isn't a forever thing, but again...in the short term...doesn't it seem like a solid way to reopen while following guidelines and respecting you, the patron?

I don’t disagree that it’s a good idea, it is. But these places can’t change the terms of service after this and expect their paying customers to be ok with that.

Would be like if Netflix decided to continue charging customers, but out of the blue decided that you can only watch 1 movie or 1 episode of a show a week

I honestly don’t think Disney needs to fog each skyline between guests. Give everyone a squirt of hand sanitize plus their masks (although I’m sure everyone will take off their masks once the door close) and that should be sufficient. Maybe wiping down the door edges between parties. Heck if they give me Clorox wipes I’ll wipe the thing down while riding it hahahahaha

Of course I am vested in the skyline running because Im staying at Pop.

Regarding buffets: when they eventually (hopefully) return to normal, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a CM spray everyone's hands when a guest walks up to the buffet, ala cruise ships?
I think they will move to having a CM serve the food for you. But they will most likely have hand sanitizer at the entrance to the restaurant, that's how all locations at citywalk were set up yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter