Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the FAQ from the Disney Springs page

When will the rest of Disney Springs reopen?

Following the guidance of government and health officials, a number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase beginning May 20. We will share more information on additional openings at Disney Springs via this website as details are available.

Which shops and restaurants are open?
View the Disney Springs map for the most up-to-date information on location operations at Disney Springs.

Are you opening any of the bars?
At this time, following the guidance of government and health officials, standalone bars will not open at Disney Springs.

A number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase.

Will Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique be available?
A number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique remains temporarily closed.

When will Drawn to Life Presented by Cirque du Soleil® & Disney debut?
The teams are currently evaluating and planning to determine the timing for the opening of Drawn to Life. We’ll be sure to keep you posted when we have news to share.

Will cake decorating classes be available?
A number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase. Cake decorating is not currently available.

Are you allowing rideshare drop-offs?
Yes. Rideshare drop-off will occur in the Marketplace lot.

Which parking areas may I use?
Guests may park in the Orange and Lime parking garages. Surface parking lots and valet will remain unavailable.

What if the parking garages say they are closed? May I park somewhere else and still visit Disney Springs?
Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs.

Are you reducing entry points to Disney Springs?
As part of our efforts to introduce temperature screening, we are limiting the number of Guest entrances to 5, including the Orange and Lime garages, the Marketplace Entrance, the bus loop near Town Center and the rideshare drop off area. Similar to procedures at Shanghai Disney Resort, temperature screenings will be required for all Guests, Cast Members, vendors and Operating Participant employees before entering Disney Springs.

General Well-Being and Enhanced Wellness

How are you ensuring that non-Disney stores, restaurants and venues at Disney Springs are safe?
As we navigate through this period as responsibly as we can, we, along with our Operating Participants, have all implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. Disney Springs will begin to reopen in a way that incorporates enhanced safety measures, including increased cleaning procedures, the use of appropriate face coverings by Operating Participant employees, Cast Members and Guests, limited-contact Guest Services and additional safety training and information. We are all committed to a responsible reopening of Disney Springs.

Will hand sanitizers or hand-washing stations be available throughout Disney Springs? Where will they be located?
Yes. Hand sanitizing stations will be available at a variety of locations throughout Disney Springs.

How are you ensuring the cleanliness of equipment that Guests use at entertainment venues such as The VOID, Splitsville™ Luxury Lanes and NBA Experience?
Entertainment venues not be available at reopen and we will share more details at a later date. For locations that will be open, Disney Springs will begin to reopen in a way that incorporates enhanced safety measures, including increased cleaning procedures.

Temperature Screening

Will I be required to go through a temperature screening station at Disney Springs?
Yes. Similar to procedures at Shanghai Disney Resort, temperature screenings will be required for all Guests, Cast Members, vendors and Operating Participant employees before entering Disney Springs. Using a touchless thermometer, temperature screenings will take place on the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime Parking Garages, the Marketplace Entrance/Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge, the rideshare drop off lot and near the Resort Bus loop near Town Center.

Will you be implementing a bag check with temperature screenings at Disney Springs?
No. Guests will only be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entry.

Masks and Face Coverings

Will masks or face coverings be required to enter Disney Springs?
Yes, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will also need to wear face coverings while at Disney Springs.

What if I forgot my mask? Will masks be provided to Guests or will they be available for purchase?
The use of appropriate face coverings by both Cast Members and Guests is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Disposable masks may be available; however, Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

What if I don’t want to wear a mask?
Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these challenges as responsibly as we can. With our robust measures in place, we believe a key factor in our success in reopening Disney Springs will be our Guests’ acceptance and adherence to our new protocols while taking personal responsibility to ensure proper physical distancing. Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

Physical Distancing and Capacity

How will physical distancing guidelines be enforced?
Managing density within Disney Springs has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests in any given time for each location. One-way and other directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

How are you limiting capacity at Disney Springs?
Disney Springs will open with the implementation of Guest capacity measures to limit density and comply with state and federal guidelines. Upon opening, this includes limiting our parking locations for arriving Guests to the Orange and Lime Parking Garages.

How will Disney Springs control capacity for the stores and restaurants that will be open?
One-way and other directional signage have been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

Dining Reservations

How can I make a dining reservation for a restaurant at Disney Springs?
Make dining reservations online via the Walt Disney World website or the My Disney Experience mobile app. Or, use OpenTable to check availability and book.

Note: Some restaurants may remain closed during the initial opening period.

Will I be able to come to Disney Springs if I have a dining reservation, but the parking garages are full or if Disney Springs is closed due to capacity?
Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs. This includes Guests who have a booked a dining reservation.

Will I be charged the dining guarantee fee if I cannot make my dining reservation because Disney Springs is closed due to capacity?
No. If a Guest is unable to make their reservation because Disney Springs is closed due to capacity, the dining guarantee charge will be waived.

How will restaurants handle reservations when they reach capacity?
Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs. This includes Guests who have a booked dining reservation. If a Guest is unable to make their reservation because Disney Springs is closed due to capacity, the dining guarantee charge will be waived.

Masks and Face Coverings

Yes, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will also need to wear face coverings while at Disney Springs.

I thought i read something before where children under a certain age wouldn’t be required to wear a mask?

Masks and Face Coverings

I thought i read something before where children under a certain age wouldn’t be required to wear a mask?

yes. 3 and over.

One thing I found interesting is Disney is only opening 3 places. 2 retail and only one eating place. Definitely has the feeling of trying to start small and see how things go with new procedures.

I’m glad to see the age exception especially for all those ridiculous ppl who insisted Disney should try to shove masks on 2 yr olds & babies.
I don’t see exceptions for special needs in there either. I wonder if that’s just something they’ll do as guests inquire? If they advertised it as policy, we all know what would happen. I’ve always thought they would surely make those exceptions, but they aren’t saying they will. Not looking for a debate on whether they should or not..

I don’t see exceptions for special needs in there either. I wonder if that’s just something they’ll do as guests inquire? If they advertised it as policy, we all know what would happen. I’ve always thought they would surely make those exceptions, but they aren’t saying they will. Not looking for a debate on whether they should or not..

yeah I think you handle those case by case.

My guess is, very very few people go to Disney for a resort stay only. If Disney wants to pull in the huge price resorts cost, the parks will have to be open. The very reason most people stay on site is for the advantages you get inside the parks.

my comment was merely in response to LSU’s question to the previous poster asking them why they’d even want to do that and saying they should rather want to go to a “nice” hotel instead.

It had nothing to with with if I thought enough people would do that for Disney to make it worth their while. I agree it wouldn’t. But maybe if they only opened up one Mod or something. I know my mom has also said she want to visit if they open hotels only. And my aunts are DVC members and have never even been to the parks.

I think they will make accommodations but maybe not. I know I plan to inquire about it when I go back to work as I have bad sensory issues and am on the spectrum. I can barely stand to wear my costume. Thankfully it is one of the most comfortable ones on property. Not sure I could even work another role.

Sometimes it's not completely clear what people mean. Some posters think all 4 theme parks will open at the same time. Some think EPCOT will open last. Do posters think EPCOT will open a month after the other parks? A few days later? I think Disney needs to spread out the crowds and give guests one less thing to complain about. My opinion is all 4 parks will open within a week of each other.

Same thing with hotels. Disney may need to open the DVC resorts ASAP. Possible contractual issues with members. Some members may have the choice between burning points or staying when some, or even all, of the theme parks are closed for at least part of their stay. Isn't YC the only deluxe without a DVC component? I don't think it makes sense to open the DVC section of WL and AKL keeping the hotel part closed.

It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the moderates winds up being closed for a period of time.

Very detailed guess! I like it...makes alot of sense to me
Just wondering if this is an educated guess on your part? Without asking for too many specifics do you have a background in event planning or risk management? Color me impressed with your attention to detail and reasonable approach

why would Gold be allowed in before Platinum?

I think they will make accommodations but maybe not. I know I plan to inquire about it when I go back to work as I have bad sensory issues and am on the spectrum. I can barely stand to wear my costume. Thankfully it is one of the most comfortable ones on property. Not sure I could even work another role.

I have some very close friends with a special needs child. We have been talking about the mask thing a lot. I can only speak for this family. The mom’s thought is that since her son won’t currently wear a mask without a full blown meltdown, they won’t be taking him to places which require them. She said the thought of taking him to a heavily crowded area like a theme park is laughable right now. She doesn’t want to expose him to the risk of getting sick and cannot make him wear a mask. She also said she didn’t think there is any logical reasoning behind allowing those with special needs to be an exception to the mask rule as those special needs don’t make the person any less likely to be an asymptomatic carrier which is the point of the masks. BTW, we were specifically talking about the requirement to wear masks at Costco. The theme park discussion with her was short because she said, “No Way!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter