Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly certain that until a vaccine is widespread, Disney will not be reopening. Further, I wouldn't take the chance of going if I felt I may get sick half way through my vacation (I understand that there is never zero risk, but you know what I mean).

As to the economic hit, the world will look very different after this. "Disney World - brought to you by Apple"?????
The only companies that have a good chance of surviving this are the mega-retailers that also sell food and medicine, like Walmart and Amazon and grocery stores. Apple is a lot of luxury items and is in trouble as well. It’ll be AmazonWorld.

The only companies that have a good chance of surviving this are the mega-retailers that also sell food and medicine, like Walmart and Amazon and grocery stores. Apple is a lot of luxury items and is in trouble as well. It’ll be AmazonWorld.

But Apple has HUGE cash reserves which will help them a ton. I don’t think they will be hurt too badly at all in this.

Many more people are going to have the virus than how many are going to die. I realize that some people are going to die. And I hate that. But just testing positive does not mean you will die. SO many people have it and have no symptoms or very light symptoms.

You cannot compare the results in other countries to what the results are going to be here. The levels of hygiene are vastly different.

I think the parks will be open by the end of April, or first part of May at the latest. The US is not going to remain paused until there are zero cases. Just like it doesn’t pause for colds and flu and strep throat or stomach bugs.

More people will likely die from hurricanes, flooding and tornadoes than from this.

JMO. My non-hoarding, non-panic opinion.
Counter argument, see Italy, the healthcare is superior and also free. They are currently sitting at a 9.2% death rate. Hurricanes,flooding and tornadoes can’t touch this. Your right about not hoarding or panicking, but there has to come a point when people look at the evidence realistically and prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If safety is the top priority, I’d guess Disney won’t open till September at the earliest.

You think they'd stay closed for 12-18 months waiting on a vaccine? I cannot see that happening. It's not just disney that loses money in that scenario, it's the state of Florida also.

Closed, no. But operating at reduced capacity, possibly significantly so? Yes. And based on modeling scenarios, I think they also very likely face another shut down scenario next flu season (winter/spring) if we don't have a reliable treatment by then, as it is highly anticipated that social restrictions (including limits on the amount of people allowed in a place at once) will continue in some form or another until a vaccine is available, based on spikes in cases.

Disney will survive this, have faith my friends.
I'm happy to read your positive vibe here. I haven't wanted to say it or ask it for the fear of being considered nuts. I'm scared to death that Disney won't reopen. I don't have a trip planned out at this time, but I don't plan way in advance. Nonetheless, I'm terrified that the unthinkable could happen. Anyone else ??? I know this is nothing in the scheme of things and this is a "first world problem" worrying about Disney reopening. But, I need consoling and thoughts, ideas, news.... H E L P

I'm happy to read your positive vibe here. I haven't wanted to say it or ask it for the fear of being considered nuts. I'm scared to death that Disney won't reopen. I don't have a trip planned out at this time, but I don't plan way in advance. Nonetheless, I'm terrified that the unthinkable could happen. Anyone else ??? I know this is nothing in the scheme of things and this is a "first world problem" worrying about Disney reopening. But, I need consoling and thoughts, ideas, news.... H E L P

I think there is a non-zero chance of them never reopening (I think, basically anything is possible, we just don't know) but I think the chance is really low. That would signal such economic hardship for the entire country and I think the government will do what is possible to prevent that.

Maybe this is my Disney-fandom coming through but there has been since the produced cartoons and films during the depression a relationship between Disney and the mood of the country and I feel like the country will want/need Disney to reopen.

So I think they will reopen - likely at reduced capacity - as early as is possible. It might be quite and not look great for a while, but seeing the parks reopen, getting video of the "magic" I think can help the mood of the country as well

I think there is a non-zero chance of them never reopening (I think, basically anything is possible, we just don't know) but I think the chance is really low. That would signal such economic hardship for the entire country and I think the government will do what is possible to prevent that.

Maybe this is my Disney-fandom coming through but there has been since the produced cartoons and films during the depression a relationship between Disney and the mood of the country and I feel like the country will want/need Disney to reopen.

So I think they will reopen - likely at reduced capacity - as early as is possible. It might be quite and not look great for a while, but seeing the parks reopen, getting video of the "magic" I think can help the mood of the country as well
Thank you... I am as you well know part of the Disney-fandom and totally agree we NEED DISNEY!! I've literally got butterflies worrying about this.

I wish people would quit spreading the misinformation that businesses can't reopen and people must stay quarantined until there is a vaccine.
That is not the goal of the quarantine right now!!! The goal is to slow the spread so hospitals can handle influx of patients. Letting most people get it over time rather than all at once. Once that happens, businesses can slowly start to reopen.

Yes, people may choose to stay in on their own until a vaccine, but most will not. Dr. Fauci himself said that next wave will be more moderate in nature due to people who had the infection developing a natural immunity where either they won't get again or will get much more mild version. He said that is true of all viruses and expects this one to act the same way.

I wish people would quit spreading the misinformation that businesses can't reopen and people must stay quarantined until there is a vaccine.
That is not the goal of the quarantine right now!!! The goal is to slow the spread so hospitals can handle influx of patients. Letting most people get it over time rather than all at once. Once that happens, businesses can slowly start to reopen.

Yes, people may choose to stay in on their own until a vaccine, but most will not. Dr. Fauci himself said that next wave will be more moderate in nature due to people who had the infection developing a natural immunity where either they won't get again or will get much more mild version. He said that is true of all viruses and expects this one to act the same way.

yeah, I don't think the bans will be until there is a vaccine or anything - though I do think some people will choose not to do so until there is one

I do think the social distancing/working from home/thinks not being closed will wind up being months, not weeks though (whether that is 3 or 9 months is tbd)

I agree.. no chance they will never reopen. They may shutter some stuff (hotels) for a while but there is no chance they will never open back up again. The money they were printing... someone would buy it before letting it waste away

From the Buena Vista Palace at Disney Springs (Hilton) via their twitter this morning.

View attachment 482956

i wouldn't be surprised if that is the time frame Disney starts looking at and the announcement comes out by tomorrow (that is when they were supposed to now get their next CM work schedules out, delaying it until tomorrow)

That seems "reasonable" that is far enough out but not too far (even if in the end they need to delay further)

I haven't seen anyone except maybe a couple people say businesses can't reopen, or they must stay quarantined until a vaccine is available?? Maybe I missed some somewhere, but most of what's been said, that I've seen, is that there is the possibility of another shut down later (and there is, doesn't mean it will happen but there is a chance), and that various social distancing measures may likely be in place until there's a vaccine. Maybe some are incorrectly assuming social distancing measures mean shut down? 🤷

edar Point is a seasonal park. It makes sense to just delay opening until a date they feel they can be confident in. But year round places like Disney will be looking for the as soon as possible date.

I see that as backwards. Cp is losing a big chunk of their season. They can't just extend it. If this were to hypothetically last into August, they could lose an entire year of revenues and face bankruptcy. While the same scenario would hurt Disney, they are year round so can still make money after it's over.

But Apple has HUGE cash reserves which will help them a ton. I don’t think they will be hurt too badly at all in this.

But will anyone be able to afford their products after this is over? This will lead to people stretching their phone purchases out and not just buying the new one every year or 2.

Counter argument, see Italy, the healthcare is superior and also free. They are currently sitting at a 9.2% death rate. Hurricanes,flooding and tornadoes can’t touch this. Your right about not hoarding or panicking, but there has to come a point when people look at the evidence realistically and prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If safety is the top priority, I’d guess Disney won’t open till September at the earliest.

9.2% of people who've actually been tested positive. How many people aren't getting tested that have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter