Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now you are on ignore, so post away.

Straight from the CDC:
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
  • You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
  • Everyone should wear a cloth face coverwhen they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
    • Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
  • The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
  • Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
  • Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.

The key word there is "SHOULD." It's a recommendation, not a requirement.

But it seems that largely a certain group has taken that to mean required and enforced with an iron fist with zero tolerance.

(Plus the WHO doesn't agree with the CDC on masks, by the way.)

Going to use this as an example. This statement is not needed and is off topic and treads into territory/discussion that is not needed here. I don’t care who agrees with who. This is about Disney, they are requiring masks. That simple.

So others posting CDC guidelines with big bold texts and that's fine and on topic. But post anything that disagrees with that and it's "off topic."

Forgive me for wanting to steer this thread away from debating masks and politics, but I've been periodically checking on a number of offsite hotels to see what they're opening plans are/when they're accepting reservations over the last few weeks. I've compiled some of them into a little list here to help us gage when other hotels in the area seem to be guessing that something resembling normal tourism patterns might return to the area. As a reminder, Disney Resort Hotels are only accepting new reservations with arrivals of 7/1 and later. Universal Orlando's onsite hotels are only accepting new reservations with arrivals 6/1 and later.

Please note that I've tried to exclude timeshare resorts, given they have other factors affecting their decision to reopen, as well as hotels that are currently open as of today. These are just assumptions based on periodically checking their availability calendars for the last week or two. This could (and likely will) change. This list is also not complete or representative of every hotel in the Orlando area. Here's the key:

Officially announced a reopening
Unannounced opening but consistently been accepting stays arriving on this date and beyond
Unannounced opening and keeps sliding when its accepting new reservations
Closed until further notice (no new reservations for the foreseeable future)
  • Rosen Shingle Creek - 6/10
  • Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - 6/1
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin - 6/1
  • Walt Disney World Swan - 6/1
  • Rosen Plaza - 6/10
  • Hilton Bonnet Creek - 6/4
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando - 6/4
  • Four Seasons Orlando - 6/1
  • DoubleTree Suites Disney Springs - 6/1
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace - 6/1
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - 6/1
  • Bohemian Hotel Celebration - 6/1
  • Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - 6/1
  • Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grand Lakes - 6/19
  • J.W. Marriott Orlando, Grand Lakes - 6/10
  • Gaylord Palms Orlando - 6/1
  • Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort - 6/1
  • Radisson Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista - 6/1
  • Rosen Inn (Pointe Orlando and I-Drive locations) - 6/1
  • Caribe Royal Orlando - 6/2
  • Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs - 6/18
  • Orlando World Center Marriott - 7/1
  • Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando - 6/16
  • Best Western Orlando Disney Springs - closed until further notice (likely due to change in ownership)
  • Holiday Inn Suites + Water Park (formerly Nick Hotel) - closed until further notice (likely due to water park)
Obviously, this list nowhere near whole or representative of what all hotels in Orlando are doing, but these are just some of the more popular hotels that have closer associations with Disney or Universal and are discussed a lot on The Dis. Here are some popular Disney-area resorts that have resumed operations or never closed:
  • Margaritaville Resort Orlando (reopened their hotel side this weekend)
  • Flamingo Crossings hotels (never closed)
  • B Resort & Spa (never closed but has recently reopened pool facilities)
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista/Wyndham Garden (never closed)
Again, I'm not listing every hotel that is currently opening in the Orlando area; this is just to address a few that are on or very near Disney property that people may have asked about. If anyone has any suggestions or additions I should watch (I'm nowhere close to an Orlando area hotel expert), feel free to PM me and I will add.

So others posting CDC guidelines with big bold texts and that's fine and on topic. But post anything that disagrees with that and it's "off topic."
Posting a CDC or WHO guideline is one thing. Discussing that the two sources disagree with each other in different and doesn’t belong here. That could belong on the community board or on a medical forum but not here.

Bloggers are saying it won't last long? Seems like a dumb statement for them to make

A few that have been to City Walk say they see people dealing with it for a little while. But after a few hours people are starting to take them off or many are "pulling the mask down past their nose."

How Disney plans to stop that in their parks in the middle of July....no one knows.

Wearing it for 30 minutes while in a climate-controlled store or a bus ride is very different than wearing it for 6-10 hours straight outside in summer heat and humidity. I can tell you that right now, no one has done this. No one has gone through a theme park all day wearing a mask in July heat to tell us how tolerable it is.

Tokyo Disney Land says "Hi!"

Tokyo Disney Land says "Hi!"

Not sure what you mean since Tokyo Disneyland is still closed. Do you mean Shanghai? Temperature there today was 83 degrees. In Florida in July the temperature is regularly 95+ degrees plus heavy humidity. Very different than the weather in Shanghai right now.

And once again, you are comparing very different cultures.

I haven’t decided if this is a good or bad thing. Is he coming down to review and see if it meets standards or to throw some weight around and say they can’t open? I’m not getting political at all. I just wonder what the VP of the US coming down to talk to the heads of WDW and Universal means. Is it good or bad? I hope it’s good news!
If the VP intends to throw some weight around, I would think they'd be encouraging them to open as soon as possible rather than delay things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter