Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no updates on CM schedules? Another week of waiting until cancellation emails go out For any signs, but it will be exciting to see even the limited reopening of DS.

is anyone on the board going opening day?
Schedules aren’t out, came out Wed last week. DS CMs are being notified 5 days before they need to show (minimum notification time) and have been told their schedules won’t be on the Hub for now.

@yulilin3 hit up CityWalk on opening day, any plans for DS?

Schedules aren’t out, came out Wed last week. DS CMs are being notified 5 days before they need to show (minimum notification time) and have been told their schedules won’t be on the Hub for now.

@yulilin3 hit up CityWalk on opening day, any plans for DS?
of course I'll be there. I hope everyone can watch, I'll be there at 11am, if they open earlier I'll be there earlier, but since they haven't announced opening times I'm going with 11am
My streaming channel link is in my signature, you guys can watch live and ask me questions

of course I'll be there. I hope everyone can watch, I'll be there at 11am, if they open earlier I'll be there earlier, but since they haven't announced opening times I'm going with 11am
My streaming channel link is in my signature, you guys can watch live and ask me questions
I will have to put it on my calendar and see if I can make it.

I think when Disney does announce something it will be much lower key than that. I would assume they want to stay out the political conversation. It’s just to decisive. Doing an announcement with the VP there would thrust them into that conversation I would think.
100% that’s not the narrative they want. I don’t expect anymore than some political ra-ra from the meeting.

I think the most interesting thing next week will be if cancellations happen again 😔

I didn’t want to presume... but I was fairly certain 😂

Looking forward to it!

I didn’t take what Desantis said during his press conference as trying to demand a date. A reporter asked when theme parks would reopen, and he said they could present a plan with a reopening date. Hopefully all will be in agreement on the timing of reopening.
He didn’t, But my comments had nothing to do with what DeSantis has done, it’s the notion that somehow the federal govt or DeSantis can demand they open as the person I was responding to claims.

DeSantis could easily tell Disney they must give a certain number of days notice for them to reopen and a plan needs to be submitted and approved beforehand. I don't know if that has been done specifically. But my point is that Disney will eventually have to make their plans known to the government. They can't hide it till the last minute and spring it on everyone. Which is why a June date is starting to look more and more unlikely.

I have no clue what your point is. Disney is not going to be singled out to have to do something no one else is required to do. Disney has to follow the guidelines set by the state, that’s it. There is no requirement for advanced notice of opening and yes, they can keep it quiet as long as they like just like Universal can and has.

I have no clue what your point is. Disney is not going to be singled out to have to do something no one else is required to do. Disney has to follow the guidelines set by the state, that’s it. There is no requirement for advanced notice of opening and yes, they can keep it quiet as long as they like just like Universal can and has.

My point is that Disney (and Universal) can't (for example) on June 8th suddenly announce to the public that they are going to reopen on June 15 and not have told any government official beforehand. That's not going to work. They are going to need to go to the governor and the mayor and submit a plan with a projected date of reopening. And then they have to get the plan approved. That has not yet happened.

I'm responding to the fact that some suggest the theme park companies don't have to tell the government anything and can do whatever they want. Which is incorrect.

I think when Disney does announce something it will be much lower key than that. I would assume they want to stay out the political conversation. It’s just to decisive. Doing an announcement with the VP there would thrust them into that conversation I would think.
Point taken. I just wondered about the timing. DeSantis met with Trump last week (I think?) and now Pence is coming to meetings. Just made me think it could be a possibility. But I agree it may be a political statement they don't want to be making.

[
I'm responding to the fact that some suggest the theme park companies don't have to tell the government anything and can do whatever they want. Which is incorrect.

Then your argument isn’t with me. I’ve said they have to follow the state guidelines. They do not, under any circumstances have to answer to the federal government. DeSantis wants them open, I’m pretty sure whatever they say their plans are will get approved immediately. If the gov had his way, they’d be open yesterday.

agree. Any reopening announcement would likeky come the same way Disney springs did.

I think it’ll be shorter notice than that tbh. It’ll be 13 days from announced reopening of DS to officially reopening. I think they’ll do about a 10 day turnaround. Not as quick as City Walk or Shanghai, but enough to get people with existing reservations there before panic cancelling their reservations and flights. Just my guess. Maybe they’ll do a prolonged announcement to opening period

I think it’ll be shorter notice than that tbh. It’ll be 13 days from announced reopening of DS to officially reopening. I think they’ll do about a 10 day turnaround. Not as quick as City Walk or Shanghai, but enough to get people with existing reservations there before panic cancelling their reservations and flights. Just my guess. Maybe they’ll do a prolonged announcement to opening period
They would have to give some notice ahead of resorts opening because they are going to need people to have time to book flights, etc that go with a vacation...like you said. So there is absolutely NO way Disney is going to only give the world a 10 day notice that they will be opening. BUT I think we will see resorts advertised as "opening first" ahead of Disney's official opening. I do not mean that the resorts will open before Disney, just that Disney's resorts will allow guests to come...and then we may see an announcement for the park openings that coincides with whatever date the resorts open (even if the resorts announced their opening first).

It would be really frustrating to go down for a week stay when only resorts have opened so far, hoping to get lucky and have parks open while you’re there and then they don’t....

The won't have the resorts open before parks do. People (in general) will not pay the premium to stay at a hotel with no theme parks there.
They may announce the resorts opening before they announce the parks opening...but I'd be willing to bet the date will coincide with each other.

The won't have the resorts open before parks do. People (in general) will not pay the premium to stay at a hotel with no theme parks there.
IMO, this is definitely an issue for those of us who are DVC members. If they open, they can rescind their policy of allowing the points to revert to the use year vs, going into holding after the 30 day mark. So I have about 10 days to make a final decision on my trip or risk quite a few points. I know there are others sweating a banking deadline that could impact their use of points as well. As frustrating as it is for cash reservations, you know you will get a refund. If I wait, I risk a policy change. So, while I agree in theory that they won't open resorts before parks, it's possible they will to avoid an even further backlog of points from building up. (Personally, I hope you are right!)

For DVC members there is some new information based on the Florida Phase 1 plan. As of Monday, May 18:

VACATION RENTALS:
Counties may seek approval to operate vacation rentals by submitting a written request and county vacation rental safety plan to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter