Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extreme reduced hrs. (opposite of supporting social distancing); the decision not to open water parks because it'snot worth it to them financially. ..we'll see what else they come up with...hopefully some things for the better.
The reduction in hours is probably due to the lower amount of guests as well as the increased amount of cleaning that will be necessary overnight. I don't think its any kind of money grab.

I'm astounded that anyone who frequents these boards would be taken aback by the restrictions that were announced. All of them have been discussed at length in this thread. The only real surprise for me was the opening date being in July and the fact that Epcot is opening at basically the same time as the other parks. The lack of parades, fireworks and M&G's were pretty much a given as were the distancing protocols and mandatory masks.

I agree that if people don't want to comply with the rules, they should not go to the parks.

Yep, I also thought the most surprising thing was that they didn’t actually feel pressured into a June date.

It’s disappointing to officially lose the vacation you wanted, instead of it just being a rumoured possibility, so I feel for those who are upset. I am admittedly a little taken aback by those who are beyond disappointed or upset and are angry at Disney for the decisions they made, especially people who don’t have a trip planned at all.

I don’t think FP+ goes away permanently. Look at all the people even just in this thread who talk about purchasing tickets before they really wanted to so they can take advantage of the booking window. Part of its appeal to Disney is locking people into their Disney plans before arrival and having an idea where the crowds are going to go.

I think there’s too much benefit there for Disney to just let it go even if it’s gone as we knew it temporarily.

I think the first step for Disney is going to be determine what hotels and restaurants they'll have available and at what capacity. You'll notice we didn't hear a lot about Disney Resort Hotels yesterday outside of DVC. My guess is that they are finalizing those plans right now. Once they have those plans set and the Governor's approval (likely to come today), I'd expect their next step will be consolidating existing guests into what's available and reaching out to those with displaced trips to reschedule them if those guests want to. I can almost assure you that you'll have the opportunity to rebook your trip before booking reopens to the general public. I think they'll do this sooner rather than later. It may take some time to reach everyone, but I think they're going to do it as quickly as they can (not on a weekly basis). Only at that point, they'll open up the park reservation system.

So what's this mean? Do not cancel your trip! If you do, you may risk being shut out of having "first dibs" on rebooking or whatever Guest Recovery they offer.

It was on the FAQs posted on The Hub (Disney's internal Cast Member portal).
Ah ok thanks. Does someone mind copying and pasting again? It’s lost now.

Ah ok thanks. Does someone mind copying and pasting again? It’s lost now.
From @yulilin3 (water park info is in red):

FAQ
Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Following the recent reopening of Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Springs, we’re pleased that more Disney magic is coming back. Walt Disney World leaders submitted a proposal with the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force describing the approach for a phased reopening of theme parks planned to begin on July 11.
Pending Orange County and state approval, our proposed plans are for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to begin a phased reopening to the general public on July 11, followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. And in the coming weeks, Disney Stores will begin a phased reopening of operations globally, beginning with a select number of stores in the United States, in addition to stores in Europe and Japan.
In preparing to reopen during this unusual time, we have to manage our theme parks in a very different way from what we’ve known before. As we begin to reach out to our Cast Members and call them back to work, they will be focused on operating our parks in a responsible way that continues to give our Guests opportunities to create magical Disney memories.
This phased reopening will demonstrate a deliberate approach, with limits on attendance and controlled guest density that aligns with guidance on physical distancing. That means certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date. In addition, “high-touch” experiences such as makeover opportunities, playgrounds and character greetings will remain temporarily unavailable, but characters will still be in our parks to entertain and delight Guests during their visit.
Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome Guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on Guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these Guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
We’re looking forward to reopening our theme parks, Disney Resort hotels and stores, and doing so in a responsible way. In this spirit, our destinations will continue to follow enhanced safety protocols based upon applicable guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening.
As we all must work together to promote the health and safety of everyone, Cast Members as well as Guests 3 years of age and older will be required to wear appropriate face coverings in theme parks and common areas of resort hotels. All Guests will also undergo temperature screenings prior to entering a theme park; health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members. Cashless transactions are recommended, and cleaning and disinfection procedures will be increased in high-traffic areas.
Additional information on enhanced health and safety measures and operational changes for reopening locations will be shared soon. These policies are under continuous review and are subject to change as we monitor conditions and receive guidance from health and government authorities.
We’re being deliberate during these phased reopenings, and we’re encouraged by how our Guests are responding at Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Springs. We’re doing our part, and we need our Guests to do their part, too, as we work together to focus on safety.
REACTIVE FAQ
General questions on offerings
What is opening and when?

Pending Orange County and state approval, our proposed plans are for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to begin a phased reopening to the general public on July 11, followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15.

Are you reducing capacity in the theme parks?
Yes. When our theme parks reopen, we will be managing attendance through a new park reservation system and implementing physical distancing measures in line with CDC guidance. As a result, capacity and theme park reservations will be significantly limited and subject to availability.

How much capacity are you reducing, and when will you increase it? What will it take to get back to normal?
We are starting conservatively, and will slowly increase capacity slowly and at the appropriate times as the circumstances permit. We will learn as we go and will keep an eye on what’s happening around us and will make adjustments going forward.

What resorts are you opening?
During this phase of reopenings, we will begin to open the Disney Vacation Club properties and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground June 22. This includes:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
In addition, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will open June 15.

Will you have transportation available?
We will begin running our Disney bus transportation on a limited basis for Guests staying in our resort hotels and will open monorail and ferry service when the parks reopen.

What about water parks? Will they open?
At this time, we are not reopening our water parks. Our focus is on our theme parks. We will share more information when we are ready to do so.

Is the reopening of Walt Disney World a sign that the other Disney theme parks will reopen soon?

No. Operations plans and details are decided independently at each Disney Park.

Will you open theme parks with all of the rides and entertainment?

We are temporarily pausing on some experiences like parades, nighttime spectaculars, character meet and greets and makeovers to accommodate social distancing. However, our characters will still be in the parks to entertain and delight our Guests.

Will anyone with an existing ticket be able to enter the theme parks?
Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome Guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on Guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these Guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.

Safety and protocols
Will masks or face coverings be required to visit theme parks and resorts?

Yes. All Guests ages 3 and above and Cast Members are required to wear an appropriate face covering over both their nose and mouth. Guests must bring their own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, and except when Resort Guests are in their rooms. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. We know this is difficult, and there is nothing normal about this time in our lives.

What if I forgot my mask at home? Will masks be provided to Guests or will they be available for purchase?
We are asking that our Guests bring their own mask for experiences at our parks.

What if a Guest doesn’t want to wear a face covering. Will there be any exception?
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience and as we navigate as responsibly as we can. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. We know this is difficult, and there is nothing normal about this time in our lives.

Will hand sanitizers or hand washing stations be available throughout property? Where will they be located?
Yes. Disney theme parks and resort hotels will open with hand sanitizer and hand washing locations and Guests are highly encouraged to use these while visiting.

Will Guests be required to go through a temperature screening station to enter a theme park?
Yes. All Guests are required to undergo temperature screenings upon arrival to either a theme park or Disney Springs. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.

How will physical distancing guidelines be enforced?

Our Cast Members at Disney Springs have gone through new training as we all learn to adjust to these unique times together. To that end, we will have some Cast Members in Disney Springs and the theme parks when they open to explain our new procedures and answer any questions Guests may have. They will also encourage everyone to follow these measures for the health and safety of us all.

Will you be adjusting your security screening procedures when the parks reopen?
Yes, we will be making some adjustments to minimize the amount of contact our Cast will have with Guests’ personal items. We look forward to sharing more information soon.

Will you accept cash?

At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as MagicBands, credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Reward redemption cards and Mobile Wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Guests may purchase a Disney Gift Card at select merchandise locations and Guest Relations to pay without cash. We will continue to accept cash

I don’t think FP+ goes away permanently. Look at all the people even just in this thread who talk about purchasing tickets before they really wanted to so they can take advantage of the booking window. Part of its appeal to Disney is locking people into their Disney plans before arrival and having an idea where the crowds are going to go.

I think there’s too much benefit there for Disney to just let it go even if it’s gone as we knew it temporarily.
I'm not even sure that FP+ would go away at all (as long as a ride was open). They could still factor that in to the virtual queue without much difficulty and most of the fast pass lines are much longer than they need to be to hold all fast pass guests under normal operations.

Has there been any official statement or a rumor that fast passes are going away initially?

I'm not even sure that FP+ would go away at all (as long as a ride was open). They could still factor that in to the virtual queue without much difficulty and most of the fast pass lines are much longer than they need to be to hold all fast pass guests under normal operations.

Has there been any official statement or a rumor that fast passes are going away initially?

Just a rumour I believe.

No. I have reservations starting on July 10. I went in this morning to try to modify the dates for that reservation and I got the message saying no new reservations are being made at this time.
Word I heard was it is locked until the governor "officially" approves..
But that again is just the word I heard

Height rule much easier to enforce than masks
have you ever heard parents complain that their child meets the requirement but at ride stick the child doesn't touch or the parents fudge it at first stick then has a fit when doesn't work at second? may be easier but not that much different and both are safety measures

Word I heard was it is locked until the governor "officially" approves..
But that again is just the word I heard
I believe only reservations with July 11th on can be modified right now. I haven't to tried to go all the way through to see if it will actually let me modify but I can see whats left as far rooms go.

I believe only reservations with July 11th on can be modified right now. I haven't to tried to go all the way through to see if it will actually let me modify but I can see whats left as far rooms go.
I cant modify existing ones (mine are for Aug) or make new ones either.. totally locked out for me

I totally get and support the cautious and well thought out opening. It sucks that they are requiring face masks which is why we will be postponing our August trip. I support what they are doing, but besides the fact that meet and greets, fireworks/parades are gone, the masks are a deal breaker as HOT temps make wearing masks unbearable. I will look forward to a future trip.

To each their own. Go run a marathon and tell me how you feel at the end of it. Sometimes fun and a “vacation” are not the same thing. If I have to put in extra effort to have fun, so be it!

True.. but a marathon isn't a marathon if it's less than 26.2. I'm ok with a 13.1 but we will be shortening our stay by a few days. And to answer your question... I always feel great crossing the finish line.

I'm not. One of the key elements of American culture is selfish individualism. Many, many people in this country only care about how things impact them personally. If you watch the world news, in the majority of other countries people have complied with COVID-19 measures without complaint. Compare to the U.S., where we've had armed protests because a bunch of selfish jerks don't want to wear facemasks.

I'm not surprised at all that people would complain about having to submit to new rules and regulations at WDW.

The protests were about going back to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter