CSR vs POFQ

rzeta94

Mouseketeer
So - we are debating between the two - anyone have opinions - good, bad, ugly. We will be on the dining plan so any info on that too would be great. Transportation is important to us. We will be on our honeymoon too! :) So if you know of better rooms or such please feel free to give advice! We will be there September 2 through 9th! :cool1:

So - we are debating between the two - anyone have opinions - good, bad, ugly. We will be on the dining plan so any info on that too would be great. Transportation is important to us. We will be on our honeymoon too! :) So if you know of better rooms or such please feel free to give advice! We will be there September 2 through 9th! :cool1:

We have only stayed at the CSR (seven times). I can tell you that the POFQ is the only other moderate we would consider, but we can't tear ourselves away from the CSR.

The CSR has recently upgraded all rooms to queen beds rather than the full beds found at the other moderates; they are rehabbing all of their rooms with very chic furnishings, etc.; they have the mail pool and the three quiet pools, as well as the largest hot tub of the moderates. CSR also has a fitness center/spa (massage...yes!). DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at the CSR last month and he offered me Poly...but I chose to stick with the CSR--it truly is a beautiful, quiet and serene resort. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

ostjs3.jpg

2igcfa0.jpg

CSR!! We love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR also has a great playground that is located at the main pool area so you don't have to leave to use it. CSR also has a large sandy beach area and the terrific transportation. Plus CSR offers queen beds too!

I have never stayed at CSR, but I loved my last trip to POFQ. The resort is compact and absolutely beautiful at night, and it's a lovely stroll over to POR. I personally find CSR too sunny and barren, and I don't like the idea of paying a 10%charge to dine in the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter