Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

I have a feeling they realized they covered it too early and that it wouldn't take 6 months to refurb and add some diamonds lol

I hope that is true and I also hope they realize that covering it up during busy spring break and Easter crowds isn't a great idea! I mean, we deserve a bone thrown to us as we are missing out on the 60th stuff and dealing with all the refurbs. :)

Wow! I've got just a few more days! I hope it stays this way while I'm there. I don't mind missing out on the refurb but I definitely didn't want the tarp in my pics!

B-yZkjQUYAAeyaV.jpg:large

Found this pic posted on twitter about 2hrs ago under #Disneyland60
I like the toned down/washed out pink, giving it a whimsical feel! Aw can't wait to see it in person!

Dlandgirlie, do you definitely believe the pink is a different shade now? Has that been remarked upon on twitter? I haven't been able to tell from the photos, if the color really is more muted or not.

Dlandgirlie, do you definitely believe the pink is a different shade now? Has that been remarked upon on twitter? I haven't been able to tell from the photos, if the color really is more muted or not.
Here is where I got the pic from, they're stating a peach color? From the photo it seems like a washed out almost gradient/ombre of pink?? It probably is more noticeable in person.
EPCOT Explorer ‏@EPCOTExplorer 2h2 hours ago

Another shot of Sleeping Beauty Castle's new peach/tan color scheme. RT @Rthur17 #Disneyland60

I have a feeling they realized they covered it too early and that it wouldn't take 6 months to refurb and add some diamonds lol

I am pretty sure that for the 50th, they tarped the castle for a while in order to repaint it. Then it was tarped a bit briefly before the anniversary to put the crowns and whatnot up. I am guessing that's their plan this time as well.

I saw a photo a couple weeks ago when the tarp blew off and you could see a spot that had been painted and it was definitely a different color than cotton candy pink you could see next to it.

I am pretty sure that for the 50th, they tarped the castle for a while in order to repaint it. Then it was tarped a bit briefly before the anniversary to put the crowns and whatnot up. I am guessing that's their plan this time as well.

Yes, the castle was covered up for about three months in 2004 to paint (and whatever other maintenance it probably needed at that time since it had been neglected for so long), remained open with its new paint job through 2005. I could be wrong but I'm not even sure they did any tarping when it came time to decorate it. I do know that on May 4th and 5th the whole castle was already on display with no coverings even before the big ceremony. The only thing that was covered and then "revealed" with some fanfare was the gold Mickey "50" insignia above the door.

I still don't think it's done when it comes to painting. It doesn't look anything like this one:

60-years-diamond-anniversary-celebration-00-full-new-2.jpg

I still don't think it's done when it comes to painting. It doesn't look anything like this one:

60-years-diamond-anniversary-celebration-00-full-new-2.jpg
That looks really nice! Put that on the cover tarps Disney.

Lighting does a lot for pictures. I'd stand in front of this castle rendering as my picture in front of DLR Castle.

Here's a pic from Jan 2013 while waiting for rope drop on a weekday morning. How do the colors compare to the castle today?
a2013Deb 209.jpg

In the new pic the gold looks like it's gone. I would imagine that they'll put the diamond touches on it closer to the kick-off.

Hoping that they'll leave it alone at least through next week!

The tops are all still gold when I checked earlier. The sun is just washing the instagram photo out so you can't see that all the tips are still gold and that the castle is still the same color pink.

The tips have been gold since 1955. :confused3

If you're thinking about the white diamondy cap looking things in the concept art those will probably just be slipped over the top when they do the actual decorating, much like they put the white icicle light tips up for the Christmas overlay.

Just for reference, here is the official concept art:

asdnmd654321Large.jpg

Even if the refurb will happen after I leave, I can't wait to see the final product!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter