Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

Well I'm glad they are decking it out I will be there for dapper day and I'm not even disappointed. I'm hoping I'll be able to come back soon and see it all done!

Well I'm glad they are decking it out I will be there for dapper day and I'm not even disappointed. I'm hoping I'll be able to come back soon and see it all done!

Like maaan.... I'm like seeing double! :rotfl2:Wow... how hot was that hot sauce anyway?

:beach:

;)

I can understand you're not disappointed, because you have the opportunity to go back to see it all finished. We may not ever be back at Disneyland since we're coming from Australia. I hope it's unveiled March 3rd because that's our last day before we fly home.

refurb is till 2 march, but I read on mice chat that the walk through will open on that date and the unveiling of the actual castle will not be untill may

How did you hear about March 2? I'm asking because that will be our first day of vacation there. I'm curious to see if that date is definite.

Just checked Disneyland's website. On there, it lists the castle being closed March 2 and open on March 3. Hm...

Just checked Disneyland's website. On there, it lists the castle being closed March 2 and open on March 3. Hm...

Everything that I have read indicates that the walkthrough of the castle will be open March 2 not the unveiling of the castle itself.

Here is a quote from the Micechat website:

Sleeping Beauty Castle: Castle will be closed for refurbishments and installation of 60th Anniversary overlay. The Enchanted Chamber gift shop and Walk-Through attraction are scheduled to reopen March 3. Castle overlay will debut by May 2015.

Everything that I have read indicates that the walkthrough of the castle will be open March 2 not the unveiling of the castle itself.

Sleeping Beauty Castle: Castle will be closed for refurbishments and installation of 60th Anniversary overlay. The Enchanted Chamber gift shop and Walk-Through attraction are scheduled to reopen March 3. Castle overlay will debut by May 2015.

For those of you who have been to the park since the scaffolding and tarp began to go up, or for those of you who are just more familiar with the layout of things than I am.... Would it be possible for the Castle Walk-Through to be open on Mar. 3 (as the Disneyland website and others seem to indicate will happen) and the scaffolding and tarp to remain in place until May 22 (or at least some other date after Mar. 3)?

Let me get this straight. It's going to take over a month, maybe even two months, to repaint and add some jewels, right? Who's running this project, the State of California?

I'm going for spring break, the first week of April. So no castle for spring break? Will they even do fireworks against a tarp? Will they really cover the castle for 4 months? I'm ok with all the refurbs and closures. I'm even ok with scaffolding but to not see a castle at all on top of all the closures makes me feel like I'm getting jipped ;-(

Will they even do fireworks against a tarp?
NO.... The fireworks display is "Fantasy In The Sky".

You might check out a YouTube video. I've heard it's all of 4 or 5 minutes. With no show on the castle, no flying characters, only fireworks shot up in the air.

Geemo

NO.... The fireworks display is "Fantasy In The Sky".

You might check out a YouTube video. I've heard it's all of 4 or 5 minutes. With no show on the castle, no flying characters, only fireworks shot up in the air.

Geemo

Yes this is correct.

We are going in March and will be hitting WOC and Fantasmic instead:thumbsup2

For those of you who have been to the park since the scaffolding and tarp began to go up, or for those of you who are just more familiar with the layout of things than I am.... Would it be possible for the Castle Walk-Through to be open on Mar. 3 (as the Disneyland website and others seem to indicate will happen) and the scaffolding and tarp to remain in place until May 22 (or at least some other date after Mar. 3)?

Yes I think so. Whilst we were there, first the walkthrough was closed, and then a couple of days later the tarp was added. I can't see any reason why they couldn't reopen the walkway once work in that area was completed.

Are there photo pass people out taking pics in front of the tarp? We gotta get our pic even if it's a tarp!

As the forest began to shroud the castle, all the people from the princess's kingdom, knew that one day soon, she will awake once again. On that day, nature will reveal the castle, sending the fog, trees and vines away from above and around the castle, and its walls. And with great anticipation this day will bring forth from her kingdom. So take heed to know that her much needed slumber is but temporary.

If that doesn't work, then tough cookies. lol! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter