Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

LOL. I can't wait for my magic tarp picture. Taking the twins for their first trip next weekend. Would have loved to have a picture as a keepsake. Oh well. There will be other trips.

Mice Chat posted an updated picture of Castle today on their facebook & if I was more tech savy I would share. Still brown...just more scaffling.

Here you go....

10952299_936626233015504_8316281878797072459_n.jpg

LOL. I can't wait for my magic tarp picture. Taking the twins for their first trip next weekend. Would have loved to have a picture as a keepsake. Oh well. There will be other trips.

At least you probably won't have to fight crowds in the area to get a photo. Better bring your own camera though. I doubt they'll have photopass up there.

I try really hard not to let refurbs upset me or spoil my trip, but I am having trouble keeping my chin up about the castle. :( I liked the idea someone had upthread about getting a family pic in front of the tarp, though -- I think if we plan to do that, I might be able to keep my sense of humor! lol. My three year old will be super sad to not see Tinkerbell fly over during the fireworks, though, which means I am going to have to take him through the Pixie Hollow line again... eh, it's ok. We are lucky to be able to visit once or twice a year, though. I know not everyone else is able to do that. That kind of flexibility does make a difference in my mindset.

I try really hard not to let refurbs upset me or spoil my trip, but I am having trouble keeping my chin up about the castle. :( I liked the idea someone had upthread about getting a family pic in front of the tarp, though -- I think if we plan to do that, I might be able to keep my sense of humor! lol. My three year old will be super sad to not see Tinkerbell fly over during the fireworks, though, which means I am going to have to take him through the Pixie Hollow line again... eh, it's ok. We are lucky to be able to visit once or twice a year, though. I know not everyone else is able to do that. That kind of flexibility does make a difference in my mindset.

This is exactly how i feel... i have not let the refurb bother me at all because i know there is so much more to do. But if the castle is not uncovered by the last week of april when we go i will be pretty bummed. Its our first trip to disney and my girls love seeing pictures of the castle and I think every family need a disney castle picture!!!!

It is just such a focal point. And my boys love the Sleeping Beauty walk through, so hopefully we will have access to that when we are there over Dapper Day.

I was there this last weekend and it was pretty sad seeing the castle dressed in a burlap sack! All you can do is make the best of it though. Maybe do some funny family pics with everyone crying and pointing the castle, or pretending to pull the gates open. You'll have to use your own camera thought and rely on other guests to take your pics. There were no photopass photographers down at the castle, that I could see.

So I was getting bummed about this too. We are coming from Vancouver, Canada but it is not our first trip so I am fortunate. Apparently the walk through will be open when we arrive (March 27-April 3) but the castle will still have a tarp. I showed my kids a recent pic of the tarp and they looked at me and said, "they are just making it beautiful. Even Auroa's house has to have renovations sometime." We are currently renovating our house- inside and out- and they think hers needed it to. It made me realize that though the castle is key it does not represent all the magic to be found at Disneyland. We are fortunate enough to have many family pics in front of it so we will do one anyway this trip. The next thing they asked was- how do we get to Dumbo? Lol. They forgot we can walk around. I found that it was me being sad and negative and they really were just happy to be going back to the parks. I understand they are older and this is not their first trip or view of the castle but they will still remember this trip and the fun they are going to have. I have to stop focusing on the negatives and sadness of that brown tarp and remember this vacation is what I make it...

It is just such a focal point. And my boys love the Sleeping Beauty walk through, so hopefully we will have access to that when we are there over Dapper Day.

If that is in February, no...you won't have access to the walkthrough.

So I was getting bummed about this too. We are coming from Vancouver, Canada but it is not our first trip so I am fortunate. Apparently the walk through will be open when we arrive (March 27-April 3) but the castle will still have a tarp. I showed my kids a recent pic of the tarp and they looked at me and said, "they are just making it beautiful. Even Auroa's house has to have renovations sometime." We are currently renovating our house- inside and out- and they think hers needed it to. It made me realize that though the castle is key it does not represent all the magic to be found at Disneyland. We are fortunate enough to have many family pics in front of it so we will do one anyway this trip. The next thing they asked was- how do we get to Dumbo? Lol. They forgot we can walk around. I found that it was me being sad and negative and they really were just happy to be going back to the parks. I understand they are older and this is not their first trip or view of the castle but they will still remember this trip and the fun they are going to have. I have to stop focusing on the negatives and sadness of that brown tarp and remember this vacation is what I make it...

Your children sound like great kids! :)

So glad to here such positivity. It's the happiest place on earth right! Thanks for the reminders CASEY K and DISNEYLUVR2 to roll with the punches and make the best of these pre 60th anniversary trips. We can still have some great memories even without that "in front of the castle" picture.

So glad to here such positivity. It's the happiest place on earth right! Thanks for the reminders CASEY K and DISNEYLUVR2 to roll with the punches and make the best of these pre 60th anniversary trips. We can still have some great memories even without that "in front of the castle" picture.
Totally Agree:thumbsup2

I think it looks pretty cool with the scaffolding around it. (I'm weird I know).

I think it's cool too - they tried to "theme" it. :) I fully plan on getting pictures in front of this if it's still up when we go. There will never be a question of when the photo was taken - look, it's the pre-60th anniversary refurb shot! :)

Just wish I knew when (an actual date) the tarp will come off the castle. Honestly doesn't seem like anyone really knows...which is surprising to me with all this inside Dis knowledge. :hyper2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter