D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Welp, theres goes my plans today. I was hoping to get into mog pin store before parks panel started. But the app kept glitching and freezing to join the queue. I was hoping to get the chipmunks pin. Guess i can be happy my wallet is going to save today. Unless anyone knows what other vendors have chip n dale pins.

Fyi, certain vendors are not gonna be restocking and all they have out is what is left. Mickeys glendale merchandise expo 2022 the baseball jerseys only had XL, 2xl, and 3xl remaining around 645 ish. Some people did manage to grab a Large but it was gone really quickly.
I got a VQ for “30” but it says estimated wait is 500 minutes. O_O; very unlikely anything is left but I’ll check if I make it in there. I was hoping to get the Ariel reflections one. Well I was hoping to get the yzma pin yesterday but didn’t play my cards right with the extra early Saturday crowds.

The weird part is I got turned away at the back of A standby. Then I see other posts there was a B and C standby? Then another pair that even some of the A standby didn’t get in? I don’t get it.

The saving grace for me is that the panel itself…. Didn’t seem to announce anything new at all?!? Like reading the live blogs and everything there was nothing really new other than confirming some stuff we already knew or was blindingly obvious (like the Thunderbolts lineup). No FF4 news. No XMen news. No further Phase 5/6 news. Just weirdly underwhelming.
Ya, I’m not feeling too bad that I decided not to try for that panel. Seems like Disney had more reveals and great info at San Diego Comic-Con than at the D23 Expo

Ya, I’m not feeling too bad that I decided not to try for that panel. Seems like Disney had more reveals and great info at San Diego Comic-Con than at the D23 Expo
Lot of folks in the Parks line are saying the same thing. Very little announced, not even filling some gaps in phase 6 that were left unsaid.

DH and I are waiting in A towards the back and heard people with RSPs being turned away because it's 45 min before.

What happened to the security line???? Arrived around same time as last two days but today the line is as far as I can see down the block.

I heard that security is upped today because it is 9/11.
I saw a person in full on fatigues kitted out with weapons yesterday and lots of cop cars/ a sniffing dog walking the crowds… not sure what they could have added today.

I got a VQ for “30” but it says estimated wait is 500 minutes. O_O; very unlikely anything is left but I’ll check if I make it in there. I was hoping to get the Ariel reflections one. Well I was hoping to get the yzma pin yesterday but didn’t play my cards right with the extra early Saturday crowds.
Fingers cross that pins are left when your there!!! I really appreciate it if you could help me out! Im not sure if they are limiting it to 1 per person or not. Hoping to get 2 if possible of chip n dale.

The person today did a more thorough check of my bag. It also sounded like they were def have staffing issues cause I heard one of the leaders asking an employee if they could extend their shift.

Fingers cross that pins are left when your there!!! I really appreciate it if you could help me out! Im not sure if they are limiting it to 1 per person or not. Hoping to get 2 if possible of chip n dale.
I think they are? But if not and they are there two it is.

I saw a person in full on fatigues kitted out with weapons yesterday and lots of cop cars/ a sniffing dog walking the crowds… not sure what they could have added today.
I walked past a 2-person team patrolling just outside the Hall entrances just like you described. My first impression — whoa, best costumes ever

Parks panel was supremely underwhelming. The majority of things announced were old news. The new things were meh. The “Blue sky” ideas for MK were just something to throw in because there is no real plans to add anything in WDW. Basically a con-job so they didn’t get booed off stage. And the song for DL’s new nighttime “Spectacular” was abysmal. Seemed like a hippy drum circle song, not a Disney nighttime spectacular. So bad.

I liked the new 100th anniversary song for Disneyland. The performances were also good, my favorite parts. The beyond Big Thunder Mountain RR stuff looks cool if it happens.

For announcements, I'm excited by the DCL stuff. New ship, new intineraries.

I’m headed to airport now. I’ll save a full write-up for when I’ve had a day to collect my thoughts.

But the short version is that I love the Disney fans and Disneyland itself and the whole Disney atmosphere. But the show itself is nothing but logistics and craziness. I didn’t go the third day because I’d done all the show floor and the panel was being live-streamed. And as it turns out, there were no big Comic-Con style reveals for any of the big Hall D23 panels so the waiting in line? And most of the trailers are online now. So ehhh…

They also need to figure out the merchandising situation. Yes, scalpers/eBayers will find a way to exploit nearly any system. But you don’t need to make it so easy. Allowing standby a full hour to hit MoG-Pins before allowing any reservation holders? That just rewards overnight line sitters / resellers instead of actual pin collectors. And why, if you have tens of thousands of people trying to get in, would you bring just LE300 pins? Raffle those off in advance or something like the RSPs and bring LE1000+ pins to sell at the show.

Longer than I wanted to type, airport ride left me nothing to do. Loved the meet up and all the energy! I will probably be back, but hopefully next time with some version of a
Sorcerer/Preferred pass, otherwise probably not worth it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter