Daniella & Phil's TR( WP/ADH/Italy) Complete with pics/ video added 6/18

I have never been to the Hoop De Doo, i am seriously thinking of spending the extra money and seeing it. It looks like a blast!!

Wow HDDR sounds like so much fun. In my 16-20 trips to WDW I can honestly say ive never been there-- but now I want to go! That looked like so much fun!

Wow HDDR sounds like so much fun. In my 16-20 trips to WDW I can honestly say ive never been there-- but now I want to go! That looked like so much fun!

Maggie- you should definilty go the next time you are there. Going with a bunch of people makes it even better. Phil and I are going down in Dec for Christmas so we will probably do it again.
Its just something we goto now on every trip, even if its just the 2 of us.

I've heard that you can only have a buffet at ADH...is that true?? because i wanted to have my reception there, but i had my heart set on a sit down dinner....please say it isn't so!!

I've heard that you can only have a buffet at ADH...is that true?? because i wanted to have my reception there, but i had my heart set on a sit down dinner....please say it isn't so!!

Yes, you can only have a buffet but it was great! Sit down is nice but the buffet helped people mingle. We did have food servers who cleared plates..etc. There were also food serves at the buffet, carving station and pasta station. Our guest loved the variety of food.

I would definitly reccommend the dance hall, it was so much fun, the atmosphere, cool lighting they had since its normally a night club...etc. I wouldn't have had it anyother way. Ballroom setting is too formal like every other wedding we go to, the ADH made our wedding even more memorable.

I am determined to get these done before I go on vacation to Canada in 2 weeks![/color]

Rehearsal Day (March 17, 2007)

Rehearsal was at 9am at the wedding pavillion. Yes, it was early but we we wanted to have the rest of the day open so our families could enjoy the parks. Amazingly, everyone showed up on time! Phil's dad(Rev. George Schmidt) was marrying us. I told my dad to make sure he video taped the rehearsal because we has something up our sleeves that was betweem, me, Phil and his Dad. I forgot however to ask someone to take pictures so I do not have any snapshots of the rehearsal except this one that everyone looks miserable...lol

We went through the line up, Meri arranged everyone as to where they should stand. We did something a little different that Meri never did before. As each bridesmaid walked down the ailse, the groomsmam met her half way up and walked her down. We did that for each bridesmaid as well as me as I had both of my parents meet me and both of them walked me down.

As for practicing the vows, one of Phil's friends wrote some vows for us to practice with. Phil is an avid golfer so you can only imagine what they were about. The vows go as follows:

I, Daniela, take you Phil, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for birdie or for boggy, for chip in or for 3 puts, in rain delays and in sunny weather, to glove and to tee up; from this day forward until canceled tee times do us part.

I, Phil, take you Daniela, to be my caddy, to have and to hold (my clubs) from this day forward, for road trips or early tee times, for high scores and low scores, in day of hooking drives or pure irons, to clean my clubs and read the greens; from this day forward until my PGA handicap do us part.

Everyone was cracking up, even Meri. So we had fun with it. Unfortunitly, the last day of the trip my dad left his camera bag on a bench with all the video tapes in it so we will never see it, I as so upset.

P1000302.jpg

After rehearsal we all went our separate ways. My mom had a slight problem with something that happened with my dad, divorced parents are never fun. I don't know what went on and I said I didn't want to know. I finally met Phil along with his family at MGM. So we all went to get on the TOT. Phil's 4 year old neice was balling while waiting in line because she wanted to go outside. She is a handful but likes the thrill rides. As the cast member tells us what numbers to stand on to enter the elevator she is still crying. The doors open and we all enter There was 9 of us plus 2 other people. Natalie continues to cry. The cast member suggest she could get off but her mother says no, that she will be fine when it starts. Finally they asked all of us to get off very nicely and we would get in our own elevator so the other guest can enjoy the experience. Basically, the kicked us out because of the screaming kid. If it was me I would have taken my kid out. It was cool though because we had our own car. The picture is a clasic! What's wrong with this picture?
TOT2.jpg

Phil's dad looks like he is sitting on his couch watching tv and Phil's friend Al looks like he is taking a dump and the girls are in total fear...lol.

Al with phil's neices:
P1000310.jpg

Right before I met up with Phil I had gone into the Art of Animation store in MGM and saw some cool sericels that I know we both would like in our home. After the TOT ride I took Phil back to see them. Surprisingly he said we should get one! It was our first cell. We went later in the trip to purchase it. When we went back the animator happened to be there so we got his autograph and picture taken with him and the cel we bought.

P1000889.jpg

Next....Rehearsal Dinner at Ohana's ..stay tuned.

Sneak peak pic:
P1000324.jpg

how fun! I love the ToT photo-- haha-- especially of Phils dad-- thats hillarious!! He looks so proper! Did noone tell him he was riding the Tower of Terror-- lol or did he think he was up there to sit and people watch! lol- great TR. Cant wait for more (Love the cell!)

how fun! I love the ToT photo-- haha-- especially of Phils dad-- thats hillarious!! He looks so proper! Did noone tell him he was riding the Tower of Terror-- lol or did he think he was up there to sit and people watch! lol- great TR. Cant wait for more (Love the cell!)

Maggie,

Yes that picture is priceless. We still talk about it. Phil has it as his screensaver at work and everyone gets a kick out of it.

The cel is so cool it hanging in our sitting room which is kind of turning into the "Disney" room. But now we are in trouble because I know everytime we go back we will want another.

Rehearsal Day Continues........:smickey:

So after all the fun at MGM it was time to head back to the Port Orleans to get ready for the rehersal dinner at Ohana. :cool1: We invided 50 of our friends and family.
Phil and I were really looking forward to this night because we knew everyone would have a good time. I had purchased matching dress and hawiian shirt for the both of us. I really thought Phil would give me a hard time about but he was totally into it. I had got ithem on sale for 12.99 each months ago.

P1000374-1.jpg

We told our guest that they had to wear some sort of Hawiian Print clothing. Almost everyone did! I had ordered Hawiian Leis for everyone and some favors (Little tin surfboards with mints) from Orient Trading Co. which I placed at each seat along with menues I created.

Menu(Front)
Menue.jpg

Back:
menue2.jpg

When we arrived at the Polyensian we had a car load of stuff. We had brought all the gifts for the bridal party and for each of our parents we made personalized Tshirts that I got on sale for $7.99. We had a bunch of other gifts as well. We got all the guys and fathers mickey cuff links with thier initails and placed them in a Grumpy box by Lenox. The jewerly for the girls were in a Tinkerbell box by Lenox. The nice bell hop offered to take all our stuff up on a cart to the restaurant for us. We were so greatful for that! :tinker:

These are what the gift bags looked like:
DSC01104.jpg

They were filled with denim jackets for each girl with thier names and the words "bridesmaids" in rhinestones. The Flower girl and Ring bearer got disney backpacks fill lwith fun stuff and denin jackets as well.
DSC01012-1.jpg

When I went to check in they told us everyone had to be there, we were short a few people but they were on thier way. In the meantime the manager let me and Phil set up the tables. It was great, we had our own section off to the side of the fire pit. I think it was better then even getting the long tables like I have seen other brides do. We decorate the tables and discussed with our server the way we were going to pay the bill by using the DDE cards. THere was no problems.

Tabel set up:
P1000311.jpg

Finally everyone showed up! We all went to sit down. ON our planning trip we purchased Hang Loose Mickey ears for our entire bridal party. The best part is we got them on sale for $4.99! Of course we made them wear them but I think everyone who was reluctant at first ended thinking it was so cool. It made for great pictures!

P1000325.jpg

Me and My Maid of Honor:
P1000346.jpg

We decided to sit with our friends. We all had a great time. After the food started comming out the entertainer come out to visit us and ask us if we would help her. I can't seem to recall her name so if anyone knows, please let me know. We went with the flow. She ended up annoucing our marriage and that we would be leading the line with the kids and the holding the limbo sticks. Yes, I can't believe we did this, walking around OHans with marracas and limbo sticks. I was shocked that Phil did it but it was so fun. I am very shy when it comes to speaking..etc in public but that night I didn't care.

P1000331-1.jpg

We finally got back to our tables to eat a bit and the entertainer came over again, giving us special cupcakes and I ended up smashing it into Phil's face. Just for practice..lol.

P1000338-1.jpg

Then she sang a special song for us , another bride who was having thier reception dinner and an anniversary couple. We were lead to the center of the floor to have a special dance.

P1000359_2_.jpg

Then it was back to try to eat. We were up on the floor so much we hardly had time to eat! Finally it was time for the Hula. Well we made out entire wedding party join us on the floor, surprisingly alot of our other guest got up as well. You could tell everyone was having a great time.

Waiting for the Hula to start:
P1000350.jpg

Everyones attempt at the Hula:
P1000354_2_.jpg

My aunt found her new boyfriend...lol
P1000319-1.jpg

Our ring bearer:
P1000351_2_.jpg

After the attempt to hula we went back to our seats, Phil gave a little thank you speech and we gave out the gifts.

My mom with her shirt:
P1000364-1.jpg

Phil's Parents:

P1000363.jpg

The night was almost over. We got pictures of all the families and then headed back to the room to get a good nights rest.
My mom and her family:
P1000372.jpg

My Dad and his side:
P1000371.jpg

Phil's parents and his brother and sister:

P1000367_2_-1.jpg

Phil and I were going to sleep separately but in the end we decided not to. I would have to share a bed with my mom and I know I wouldn't sleep well. We figured, why be apart on the most important night, we both were exhausted and fell asleep quick.

Up next.....THE WEDDING DAY...FINALLY!

Ohanas looked liek so much fun! Your outfits are so adorable looking. I love the pic of you and Phil laughing with the cupcake mashed in his face (we had cupcakes there too:goodvibes ). LOL i see him laughing and then look at the beer bottles and think, yep, thats going to be a good way to cut and paste with blackmale one day! haha... looks like you all had an amazing time! You favor your mother a lot!!

I agree with the staying the night together the night before. I think had Dh and I stayed apart we probobly wouldnt have slept as well-- and i would have probobly been a gajillion times more nervous than I already was. I didnt think I would have slept well the night before our wedding but I did!!

Cant wait to hear all about the big day!! :hug:

Ohanas looked liek so much fun! Your outfits are so adorable looking. I love the pic of you and Phil laughing with the cupcake mashed in his face (we had cupcakes there too:goodvibes ). LOL i see him laughing and then look at the beer bottles and think, yep, thats going to be a good way to cut and paste with blackmale one day! haha... looks like you all had an amazing time! You favor your mother a lot!!

I agree with the staying the night together the night before. I think had Dh and I stayed apart we probobly wouldnt have slept as well-- and i would have probobly been a gajillion times more nervous than I already was. I didnt think I would have slept well the night before our wedding but I did!!

Cant wait to hear all about the big day!! :hug:

Maggie- you are right about the beer bottle. That will be a good one! My mom and I are very close. My parents are divorced and she has done alot for me over the years. She never remarried...I am trying to find her somone...lol Know anyone!

Your O'hana dinner looks like a blast! I can't wait to read about your wedding day!

Your O'hana dinner looks like a blast! I can't wait to read about your wedding day!

Thanks! It was a blast, it was one of the highlights of the trip and one of the few times we got to spent the time with our families and friends all together.

The day where dreams came true.....

March 18, 2007

After a decent night sleep we woke up and for some reason I don’t think it hit us that by the end of the day we were going to be husband and wife. It felt like any other day, that’s until all the activity started happening. I have to say that I was not nervous at all, just excited. :cheer2: Everything so far to this point has gone flawless, I really couldn't beleive it. Will the rest of the day go on as planned? Keep reading......

We got up and by 9am went our separate ways. My mom and aunt were in the next room and we connecting rooms so we got ready in both, it worked out perfect. The first person to show up was the lady from Carol Allens to do the dress steaming at 9am.
P1000400.jpg

My dress looked pretty good but we got it done anyway. She ended up steaming all the girls dresses and the gown for Phil's dad to perforn the ceremony. My aunt paid for everyones which was nice because she wanted it perfect as well. My aunt is my fairy godmother, she also was the one to paid for our dessert party. Anna from Makeover magic arrived at our room not long after. She was doing the entire wedding party and my mom’s hair. She started with Phil’s sister because she had to get ready first to go take pictures with the guys and her family at the GF.

Phil's Sister Missy, Pam(MOH) getting her hair done and Randy.
DSC01164.jpg

All the girls showed up on time and in their cute denim jackets I bought them.
DSC01181.jpg

Bridesmaids: Karen, Pam and Chelsea
P1000405.jpg

Anna was quick and she had no helpers. All the girls looked great! Everyone had a different hairstyle. Everyone had her do makup as well.
P1000420.jpg

DP00693-18-07.jpg

I have to say I am so happy with my decision to switch hair stlylist. By the time she got done with me Randy showed at at the room. We had ajoinning rooms with my aunt and mom so it worked out great for getting ready. Randy took us outside to do some shots with our jackets. My poor flowergirl Ashely was last to get her hair done because we didn’t want her to get it messed up.
DSC01174.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

I was so glad she was in the wedding. Her mother my cousin Gia is battling breast cancer and now bone cancer for the 3rd time and she is only 38. She actually made it to Florida, she wasn't going to miss it. She was so patient and couldn’t wait to get her hair done. She kept asking if it was her turn.

When everyone was done we went outside again and took more pictures.

To be continued……….(I am having trouble uploading pictures tonight. Once I can I will add the rest. Stay tuned:) )

Daniella- Your pics are great. You look like you are having so much fun at your rehearsal dinner. I can't wait for morepopcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Hey!!! I just found your TR from your link in your post on my TR :thumbsup2 I'm loving everything so far! They Ohana Mickey Ears are SO CUTE :goodvibes Where did you find them on sale in WDW? They're adorable :) Can't wait to read all about your big day.

what a great, great TR!!! :thumbsup2 I am SO loving reading this and I LOVE the denim jackets you got your girls - so cool!! I'm looking forward to more. You guys look great - very happy, very relaxed!

Michelle :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter