DAS and MNSSHP?

kandb

DIS Veteran
Can you use the DAS during the halloween party? I forgot if we are able to. We will get there at 4pm when we are allowed in.

Can you use the DAS during the halloween party? I forgot if we are able to. We will get there at 4pm when we are allowed in.
It shouldn't be a problem but they only do video calls within 30 day's prior your park visit. The Halloween events at WDW between mid August to 10/31 and sometimes up until 11/1

Yes.

Our party was our first day. We arrived at 4 pm as allowed and went straight to Guest Relations to get our DAS (I do not pre-register). How they explained was it will work as normal up until the park closes at 6 pm. Then the DAS tile on the app will disappear. We can still get DAS times but we have to go to the attraction and CM will input manually like the old days. At the time the party starts at 7 pm, the tile will reappear on the app and back to business as usual, for party guests.

It worked exactly like that. We did get a manual time for Pirates so we could ride when it reopened at party time with the MNSSHP overlay.

Yes.

Our party was our first day. We arrived at 4 pm as allowed and went straight to Guest Relations to get our DAS (I do not pre-register). How they explained was it will work as normal up until the park closes at 6 pm. Then the DAS tile on the app will disappear. We can still get DAS times but we have to go to the attraction and CM will input manually like the old days. At the time the party starts at 7 pm, the tile will reappear on the app and back to business as usual, for party guests.

It worked exactly like that. We did get a manual time for Pirates so we could ride when it reopened at party time with the MNSSHP overlay.
They also take photo's when applying which is usually linked to the DAS so when go to lightning lane tapstile tap card, magicband or phone and then fingerprint the photo would probably come up on cast members phone and them the tapstile turns green to say all done come in.

@HopperFan explained it beautifully.

We were able to preregister via video chat but we didn’t make advance selections. I don’t think we were allowed to as we only went down for the party. This was fine with us we just wanted to get the registration out of the way and usually don’t use the advanced selections anyway.

The line was long but it was moving as we arrived at about 3:45 so not too bad. Definitely had fidget toys out for DS while we were in the line.

They also take photo's when applying which is usually linked to the DAS so when go to lightning lane tapstile tap card, magicband or phone and then fingerprint the photo would probably come up on cast members phone and them the tapstile turns green to say all done come in.
Yes ... that is how it's been for years even before they put the DAS tile on the app. They added the photos a long time ago and yes it shows up on the screen with the name. BUT the scanner does not turn green, it turns blue, then the CM overrides it after looking at the pass on the screen to make sure the DAS holder is entering the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter