DCA Food & Wine 2020 Festival Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

FYI if you are a passholder and want to buy the sip and savor pass, buy inside Kingswell Camera shop corner! The line outside near the main DCA corridor has a crazy long line to purchase. I got mine in Kingswell and had no wait at 11am.
I’m not 100% sure if non passholders can buy from that area, but you can ask if you don’t have a pass and want the sip and savor passport

Does anyone know if you can use a Disney gift card to purchase alcoholic beverages at the festival? Was planning on getting the Sip and Savor passes but may need some refreshments as well 😏😊

Another tip: when buying at the food booths. Know what you will order and how you are paying. The lines are pretty long but if you know what you want and have your card/cash/tabs ready to use it goes pretty fast. The CM’s also appreciate it :)

I have some questions about the food and wine festival this year:

3. My understanding is that Family Time and the Culinary Demonstrations are free to attend. Do you have to get there early to get a good spot?

Unfortunately the culinary demos aren't free any more. The last year they were free was 2008 (unless there are some free ones somewhere that you know of). Also, a few other things have changed about them. You used to get a small cup of wine, and they'd talk about how the wine went with the dish. No more wine now, just water. And they started at about $6 per culinary demo, now they're $15. And then last year the culinary demos weren't offered every day, just weekends. AND the last time I attended a culinary demo, it was only 30 minutes, not even the 45-50. Lastly, although I suppose this isn't a big thing for some people, the last year the culinary demos were free, I attended 2 demos where the chefs had been on the Food Network. It was great to be watching the Food Network and say "Hey, I saw him at the Epcot F&W Festival!" Now, the chefs are usually WDW ones.

I can’t seem to find the food and wine stuff on mobile order on the app. I thought some items were supposed to be available for mobile order. Anyone know if I’m missing something?

Reviews of some of the items I tried:
Tortilla Crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada: 5 stars!!!
I loved every bite! The Carne Asada had good flavoring.

Mezcal Cocktail: 2 Stars
Meh...Not horrible, but it had a "medicine" like after-taste to me. I did like that they give you the cocktail in a regular size cup. It's not a tasting size.

Strawberry Rose Lemonade: 5 Stars
Another delicious item. You can taste the rose, but it isn't overpowering. Not too sweet, and very refreshing. It doesn't have alcohol so it's great for kids and those who don't drink.

The CM who sold me the Sip n Savor Pass told me about it. Since it is $6, I didn't use a tab for it. I only use the tabs for the items $7 or more. I'm glad I tried it though, and would buy it again.

Brunch Fried Chicken and Waffle: 1 Star
YUCK! The chicken was super dry. Lacked flavor too. The little bit of moisture it did have made the waffle soggy. It had these OJ bubbles, which had a nice sweet flavor. I really didn't care for this item at all. Kind of sad I wasted a tab on it.

Carbonara Garlic Mac and Cheese with bacon: 4 Stars
I love Mac and Cheese..I also love bacon. Put those two together and I am a happy camper lol. The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because the bacon pieces were really hard to chew. But it was very tasty.

I'm waiting for tonight's culinary demo and it's free.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the festival. I read the title of the thread and it said "Food and Wine". I made the mistake of assuming it meant WDW food and wine, didn't even notice the DCA.

FYI if you are a passholder and want to buy the sip and savor pass, buy inside Kingswell Camera shop corner! The line outside near the main DCA corridor has a crazy long line to purchase. I got mine in Kingswell and had no wait at 11am.
I’m not 100% sure if non passholders can buy from that area, but you can ask if you don’t have a pass and want the sip and savor passport
It's listed as a regular place to buy the pass in the Passport booklet, so I'm sure it's not a problem. You gotta love the herd mentality. I knew not to go to one of the obvious places when I bought mine earlier today.

I see the pics above of the actual Sip and Savor pass but my eyes just aren't what they used to be. lol
Are the 8 tabs on the Sip and Savor pass specific to certain booths or is it just 8 tabs to use as you please?

CPC

Last edited:
It's listed as a regular place to buy the pass in the Passport booklet, so I'm sure it's not a problem. You gotta love the herd mentality. I knew not to go to one of the obvious places when I bought mine earlier today.
Yeah I texted some friends who are going tomorrow and said to buy inside, not outside lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter