DCA Food & Wine Festival 2022 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

This is on my list for dinner tomorrow night! My husband didn't want to try it and I looked at him so far sideways that I'm still waiting for my eyes to re center.
I feel like I'm now also giving your husband the same look. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How's the spice level on that dish?
Not spicy at all. I am a huge spice wuss and can't handle heat of any kind but this doesn't have any kind of spice other than just a basic seasoning with salt and pepper. It is absolute perfection! I can't wait to get it when I go this year.

Just got back, had a lovely day in the park today.

Our favorites ended up being the French Onion Beef Tenderloin from Cluck a Doodle Moo, and the Chocolate Hazlenut Crunch from Uncork. The Orange Cold Brew at Golden Dreams was really delicious, although the salmon there was just okay. The Mac n Cheese was great as always, the Black and Tan Potato was great (although salty, so one shared was more than enough for us), and the lemon/apple/peach cooler was refreshing but the whole was not better than the sum of its parts. Bacon Churro, we'd eat it again. Strawberry Horchata was very tasty, as was the Boba at Smokejumpers, the Blackberry Lemonade was not a hit. The PBJ Mac no one was willing to take a second bite.

It was pretty great to get to the park at nine and be able to more or less walk onto Soarin over California, loved that it was back!

Holy smokes. That maple bacon churro is MONEY! So good.

Other favs were:
Snicker macaroon
Pork belly w/ mac salad
Fried artichoke dip..OMG so good.

Did the wine tasting with Kate Macmurray. She’s amazing. Great stories about her father and Walt, Her description of the Vineyards are so detailed, you can envision them. Of course, we love the wine. Becca from Napa Rose introduced us to the Russian River Pinot Noir several years ago and loved it. It’s so easy to drink and easy to keep on hand at home.

Really fun Food & Wine Day! Cheers! 🍷

Oh! & rode the OG Soarin!! So missed…worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter