Dci 2010

Well... I know I have been MIA for quite a while, been a bit under the weather :guilty:
Forgot my password, lost my sign in, lost the info for the reset password :scared1::scared1: so starting from scratch (guess I gotta post alot to catch back up :laughing:)
Now that things are going a bit better.... DD and I are headed to Atlanta for a road trip. the brain is not working as well as it should, but will post reviews when I get back.

Just me
:surfweb:

Hope you are feeling better!!

Have a safe trip to Atlanta! My plane leaves for Nashville tomorow!!!

pinnie

I went last year to DCI in Atlanta and went to swingin richard's too! Oh boy! what a trip! I wanna go so bad this year, but it just isn't in the cards.

Anyway, things are getting interesting. Atlanta will be a good indication of where corps are.

I'm not loving any of the shows this year so far. :headache:

And can someone please tell me how the heck BD is scoring so highly? In all the videos I've seen their hornline has serious technique issues, they're missing step-offs (and in some cases not stopping when they're supposed to) and the rifle line is barely catching any of the tosses. I will, however, say that their battery is pretty amazing this year.

I'm not loving any of the shows this year so far. :headache:

And can someone please tell me how the heck BD is scoring so highly? In all the videos I've seen their hornline has serious technique issues, they're missing step-offs (and in some cases not stopping when they're supposed to) and the rifle line is barely catching any of the tosses. I will, however, say that their battery is pretty amazing this year.

I agree. A very bad year for DCI as a whole. Even the shows last year weren't fantastic.

BD is winning because every year David Gibbs complains that "no one gets their show and its so unfair". It happens every year. My boss has judged some DCI events and knows all these people. He has written drill for Bluecoats before and also does the Yokohama Scouts. DCI is pretty much fixed anymore. After San Antonio, you know who your champion is.

I was hoping Cavies could pull an upset....but with Coats sitting in second, I just dont see them knocking off BD.....

Atlanta should be interisting....

erich2.jpg

Well Gee Willikers!
Who is gonna be the gosh darnedest
marchyest marching band in all the land?!?!
popcorn::

Well certainly not your team! :rolleyes1

01 (01) - 94.10 (3) - Blue Devils
02 (04) - 91.90 (1) - Bluecoats
03 (02) - 91.65 (1) - The Cavaliers
04 (03) - 91.55 (3) - Carolina Crown
05 (05) - 90.35 (3) - The Cadets
06 (06) - 89.40 (3) - Phantom Regiment
07 (07) - 88.95 (1) - Santa Clara Vanguard
08 (07) - 87.35 (1) - Blue Stars
09 (11) - 85.70 (2) - Glassmen
10 (09) - 85.35 (1) - Boston Crusaders
11 (10) - 84.80 (1) - Blue Knights
12 (12) - 83.00 (4) - Madison Scouts
13 (13) - 82.60 (2) - Colts
14 (14) - 80.30 (2) - Troopers
15 (15) - 79.50 (2) - The Academy

Well certainly not your team! :rolleyes1

01 (01) - 94.10 (3) - Blue Devils
02 (04) - 91.90 (1) - Bluecoats
03 (02) - 91.65 (1) - The Cavaliers
04 (03) - 91.55 (3) - Carolina Crown
05 (05) - 90.35 (3) - The Cadets
06 (06) - 89.40 (3) - Phantom Regiment
07 (07) - 88.95 (1) - Santa Clara Vanguard
08 (07) - 87.35 (1) - Blue Stars
09 (11) - 85.70 (2) - Glassmen
10 (09) - 85.35 (1) - Boston Crusaders
11 (10) - 84.80 (1) - Blue Knights
12 (12) - 83.00 (4) - Madison Scouts
13 (13) - 82.60 (2) - Colts
14 (14) - 80.30 (2) - Troopers
15 (15) - 79.50 (2) - The Academy

I'm not necessarily for the boston team -
I'm for the cutes boyz team!:flower3:

Which one would that be?

Usually the Cavaliers!

There is a reason people yell "Go Go Queen machine" as they hit the field! :lmao:

Shallow, no substance, props and mirrors, disrespectful to other corps....

Yes Wally, probably so......

wow...that's so accurate yet fits both so well :lmao::lmao::rotfl:

Get it Blue Stars! I wanna see em move to 7th!

Just flew in from BNA and the show last night in Murfreesboro.

First off, I liked The Cadets show this year. It is playful and well done. The music fits and flows well. The Cavies ROCK. That show is somewhat 'disturbing' but they really put it on the field. Phantom's opening and closing are amazing! SCV surprised me. I went in thinking I wouldn't like it, but as it turned out, I did! They stayed true to the composer. Bluecoats are really workin it! They march an amazing show.

Which brings me to the Blue Devils. There wasn't one part where the crowd got into the show like they did the other ones. NO ONE around me "got it". They are maching a clean show, but a very simple one, to say the least. I HATE the mirrors. HATE. HATE.

I will sit through that show only once more at quarterfinals because my niece hasn't seen it yet. After that, break time!

pinnie

What the heck is going on with the Bluecoats? Are they that good?

As far as BD, ya I'll watch them once, but the only bad thing about taking a break when they are on is they are usually the last corps of the night, so you dont really need a break then....

(Unless you want to be the first to get to the bar that night!) :rotfl2:

Who is gonna be the gosh darnedest
marchyest marching band in all the land?!?!
popcorn::

Well now that I have some scores......I would say Bluecoats!

Let me preface by saying I am that old man walking around in the "Keep DCI Unplugged" T-Shirt! :lmao:

But this is just absolutly amazing! It's raw footage from early season, so I cant even imagine what it is like now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMssld6f-oo&feature=related

What the heck is going on with the Bluecoats? Are they that good?

As far as BD, ya I'll watch them once, but the only bad thing about taking a break when they are on is they are usually the last corps of the night, so you dont really need a break then....

(Unless you want to be the first to get to the bar that night!) :rotfl2:

Yes, Bluecoats ARE that good!

I agree that I can't actually take a "break" when the BDs are on....BUT you figured out my bar strategy! ;). Beauty is, I can WALK to the bars from our hotel!

pinnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter