DDA Chapter 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, August 19th, 2008
Cabos San Lucas

So today I was worried about, as this was the only port that we we certain we had to tender. Which means you transfer from your ship to a smaller boat to dock. In Cabo it is necessary due to the rocks and reefs. But I'll get to that eventually.

We got up and grabbed breakfast at Topsiders. We sat outside on the back deck. It was basically empty as most people had probably left the ship.

DSC07147.jpg

DSC07149.jpg

DSC07153.jpg

DSC07156.jpg

DSC07161.jpg

DSC07158.jpg

DSC07163.jpg

The aforementioned tender boat, you can see the steps along the side
DSC07157.jpg

After breakfast, we headed off the ship.

DSC07166.jpg

DSC07167.jpg

Now I knew I had done steps at Disneyland, so I was not worried about the steps. Although I kind of was as when the ship is anchored in the water it still moves and the tender boat moves as well. I ended up successfully walking down the steps and onto the boat.

DSC07169.jpg

DSC07171.jpg

DSC07172.jpg

DSC07176.jpg

DSC07178.jpg

DSC07184.jpg

DSC07188.jpg

Submarine
DSC07193.jpg

Pirate Ship
DSC07194.jpg

DSC07195.jpg

DSC07196.jpg

After we got of the tender DCL had lemonade and water waiting for us
DSC07198.jpg

Pelican- one of many, we saw
DSC07201.jpg

Big fish, I tried to snap a shot of them holding it up, but I was too late
DSC07203.jpg

Anyone else having crappy weather today? Its been raining since last night and if the wind get any stronger, we will be blown away.

I did however enjoy a nice mug of hot cocoa a bit ago.

We got that yesterday.... it passes eventually! ;)

We had talked about getting on a boat over to one of the beaches, but we decided to just walk around instead. As maneuvering on the beach would not be super easy for me. Although maneuvering the streets and sidewalks was probably not any easier. I was hopping in and out of the wheelchair all the time due to no cut outs in sidewalks, or ramps not really being wheelchair accessible. Most of the stores had one step up to get into. It was not easy but we made it work.

DSC07207.jpg

DSC07208.jpg

Plates for sale, along the walkway at the port were tons of different things for sale.
DSC07213.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07215.jpg

DSC07221.jpg

Lobster anyone?
DSC07226.jpg

DSC07231.jpg

These are covered completely in beads
DSC07234.jpg

Water fall
DSC07235.jpg

DSC07236.jpg

We were on a mission this trip, our Mom wanted vanilla and a necklace or two, since she couldn't make it on the cruise

DSC07238.jpg

DSC07241.jpg

White punch buggy, no punch backs:laughing:
DSC07242.jpg

DSC07243.jpg

Horse and buggy
DSC07269.jpg

DSC07250.jpg

DSC07258.jpg

DSC07259.jpg

DSC07262.jpg

DSC07264.jpg

DSC07275.jpg

I loved all the sculptures here
DSC07280.jpg

DSC07288.jpg

There was lots of cobblestone, that shook my whole body when driving over, it is not wheelchair friendly
DSC07291.jpg

We found a small bottle of vanilla first. As they only had that. So we bought it. We later found a liter of vanilla, so we bought that as well. We ended up leaving with 4 necklaces. Plus a xmas ornament.

DSC07300.jpg

Cabo dolphins
DSC07301.jpg

DSC07306.jpg

I am sure this outfit is hot to wear
DSC07311.jpg

Clear water, but definitely not blue like the Caribbean
DSC07319.jpg

DSC07318.jpg

DSC07324.jpg

DSC07329.jpg

DSC07346.jpg

DSC07349.jpg

DSC07367.jpg

DSC07368.jpg

DSC07381.jpg

I was also worried about climbing back up the steps, but did so without any issues and made it safely back on the ship.

Vicki, Chanon & I will be at Disney the 3rd - 8th & I Think Tammi is there till the 6th. We are thinking about going to MVMCP on the 4th.

Everyone - thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. It is going to be a very difficult week. I have been reading along, I just haven't felt much like posting. I don't want to be the downer for everyone, so I've just been keeping to myself. It's just so unbelievable for me. His kids are 16, 13, and 10. I'm so glad they found him so his family can have closure. It's going to be so difficult for them. I really hope this doesn't mess with their heads and screw them up. They are at such a difficult stage in life as it is. Anyway, thank you all again.

Vicki - we are there Nov. 30-Dec. 6, going to MVMCP on the 4th.

Elizabeth and Marci - I got your checks today. Thanks!

Anne Marie - FS made it home. Nicholas was so excited to read the letter and see the pictures. Now we all want to go to NYC! Thank you, and please thank Katie, Daniel and Sophie for playing along!

Tomorrow we are taking a ride up to Skyline Drive to go leaf peeping. We'll probably hike a trail or 2 and maybe even go to Luray Caverns. I hope the weather is nice.

Everyone - thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. It is going to be a very difficult week. I have been reading along, I just haven't felt much like posting. I don't want to be the downer for everyone, so I've just been keeping to myself. It's just so unbelievable for me. His kids are 16, 13, and 10. I'm so glad they found him so his family can have closure. It's going to be so difficult for them. I really hope this doesn't mess with their heads and screw them up. They are at such a difficult stage in life as it is. Anyway, thank you all again.

Tomorrow we are taking a ride up to Skyline Drive to go leaf peeping. We'll probably hike a trail or 2 and maybe even go to Luray Caverns. I hope the weather is nice.

Oh, and my ME stuff came yesterday!

No need to apologize, I'm sure it's a difficult time for the whole department. :grouphug: I hope tomorrow is a nice break from 'reality' for you ... and hooray for documents! :flower3:

:hug: :hug:

Tammi, I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for his family and friends. I hadn't caught up totally so didn't have the details until today. We definitely understand so there is no need to apologize. We are here for you when you need us.

By the way, we are home. I wanted to come home so that I could make Becky a homemade dinner. We got back late this afternoon. We had stroganoff for dinner. She & Ryan are heading back downstate tomorrow.

Once back on the ship, we dropped our stuff back in the room and headed to find some food

Lover's beach
DSC07388.jpg

We got some ice cream and other food
DSC07391.jpg

The Leonard Brothers were playing as a pre-sailaway so we watched them for some time
DSC07393.jpg

Before long it was time to leave Cabo, waiting to sail away
DSC07399.jpg

DSC07401.jpg

AHHHH
DSC07402.jpg

The engines look like they are on fire
DSC07403.jpg

All the tender boats, circled to say goodbye to the Magic
DSC07406.jpg

DSC07410.jpg

DSC07412.jpg

DSC07422.jpg

Storms were rollin' in
DSC07439.jpg

We stumbled upon Jiminy and Pinnichio
DSC07443.jpg

The queen refused to stand next to me, since she was not on my shirt, although I love the Queen of hearts
DSC07446.jpg

John Rowe Beast
DSC07448.jpg

Mexican stuff for sale on the Magic
DSC07451.jpg

We headed to the WD theater for Ron Pearson's show
DSC07463.jpg

DSC07467.jpg

So Ron balanced the stool on his chin and juggled some clubs, he gave Stephen a hard time because he was not clapping. So Ron asked him what would make him clap, so he said balance the ladder on your chin and juggle. He told Stephen that he better clap for him this time. There were some kids in front of us who later asked was told ahead of time to say it.

DSC07469.jpg

DSC07472.jpg

We went and played the Wheel in Diversions. It is like Wheel of Fortune. Then we went and changed for dinner. Tonight we were in Animator's Palate. It was show night.

DSC07474.jpg

DSC07476.jpg

Seafood Rolls
DSC07477.jpg

Butternut Squash Soup
DSC07478.jpg

Caesar Salad
DSC07479.jpg

Salmon
DSC07480.jpg

Beef
DSC07481.jpg

Chicken
DSC07482.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey came to visit
DSC07484.jpg

After dinner we headed to Rockin' Bar D
DSC07485.jpg

Tonight was John Charles Adult show, he said next time he comes on when the Leonard Brothers are on, he wants to play with them. As always he was great. He actually played for longer then he was supposed to.

We eventually headed back to the room and this greeted us
DSC07492.jpg

We went to bed after a long day of fun.

I'm on the phone with Deb. They had a good time but she is not going to get online tonight. When Chuck answered the phone, she told him that they had "just returned from their marriage seminar". Chuck brought the phone to me laughing. For those of you that don't know the story, when we were at Disney and Deb called Chuck's cell phone to get hold of us his message said "I'm at a seminar, please leave a message and I'll get back to you". They thought that was funny and asked him what kind of seminar he was at and he told them a marriage seminar - after all for the sake of my marriage we need to come to Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter