DDA Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
O' yeah I didn't measure but I think we have 6-7 inches and its still coming down. Plus it sleets on and off.

I have a couple of quick things I'd love some advice on...

1. Where in the heck can I buy a simple set of kids play dishes? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Then the couple I have found, the silverwear has metal tops. Um, Kaylin and Chase certainly don't need metal forks to run around with! The others I find are all porcelain. I'm headed to Toys R Us today in hopes that they have something in stock.

2. I am getting Terra a camera for Christmas. I ended up just getting a kids one for now as it went on a really good sale this week. Anyway, I am trying to decide whether to give it to her early so that she can take it to Disneyland with us. On the one hand she could get good use out of it right away. On the other hand, she may not have many presents to open on Christmas as I'm not bringing them all out with us. We'll open everything from my family and many of the ones from us on the 28th when we're back home.

The mental picture of the girls poking each other with forks is hilarious. :rotfl2: Sorry. I hope you find some plastic ones.
I would let Terra have her camera early. :)

Three more today/tonight! After they are over I will get excited. I am just so tired that I think that is why I am not the least bit yet. I am packed, but Bob is not. He is on vacation starting today so that is his job so I don't have to think about it any more.

We have our staff Christmas luncheon today and then recitals start at 2:30. I am hoping to be home by 8:00 at the very latest. Then I can get excited!

Sounds like Andrew is doing well on his exams. Good for him!

As far as the luggage goes... once it is purchase from a retailer like Macy's I believe it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to do any repairs. I'm not familiar with the location in your area that you are considering, but it might be easier to have any repairs done there. Ifind having to pack up a piece of luggage and mail it away to be repaired and wait for it to come back to be a horrible waste of time. That is why I bought my new suitcase. Having the old one repaired would have cost too much in shipping and the time waiting was going to be weeks.

Good luck with the remaining recitals!

Marci, I don't spend enough on my luggage for it to be worth fixing. We have all Samsonite and Delsey but we bought it all at 75% off so it would cost more to fix it than we paid for it to start with.
Yay for Andrew's exam grades! :banana:

Busy day today.... my sister turned 16 on Tuesday :-)eek:) and we had dinner at my parents on Monday to celebrate. Kyle and I got her a new cell phone, which she thinks is her present (well, I suppose it is). Today though, we're surprising her with a stay at Great Wolf Lodge for her and a few friends, as well as day passes for the rest of us. She didn't even think about a big party (much sweeter than me.... lol... I pretty much demanded a big one, clubhouse, catering and all :rolleyes1 (boy am I in trouble if my girls are like I was then! :faint:), so I know she will appreciate this. It's the perfect day for an indoor waterpark, too -- freezing and pouring!

I'm in the middle of making a cake, then the girls and I are heading over around 3 to check in and get everything set up. The reservation is for a 2-story premium fireplace loft -- 3 beds plus a pull out, 3 flat screen TVs and DVD players for each (really? :rolleyes: ), a kitchenette, etc.... should be pretty nice! :goodvibes (We got a great deal, too!)

Have a great day!

That's the same suite we are getting for DS, minus the fireplace. Oh, and it also is decidedly NOT a good deal at our Great Wolf. But oh well. Have fun!

checking in....we came home last night. Thank god we did...it started snowing like crazy at midnight and is still snowing. We are buried...all schools are closed.

Stay safe! :wizard:

Sounds like an Elizabeth question!

I hope your weather improves.

Mmmm. Cake! ;)

Oh WOW Janet! I'm glad nobody was hurt, and that your home didn't sustain much damage. That is awful!

Yikes! :scared1: That's scary! Glad it didn't catch anything else on fire!

I called and paid the change fee on the airfare for DS and me. That means the price will plummet tomorrow. :headache:

Princess and I went to the mall. It is BEAUTIFUL today! Clear with temps near 70! She is napping now, but when she wakes up we will probably go outside. It was too wet to be out this morning but things are drying out now.

I bought a pair of Crocs Mammoths at Macy's for $20. :banana: I also bought some Clinique stuff. They had Wacoal bras for $9.99!! :scared1: Those bras are about $60 full price, so I grabbed 3 of those. I will make DH wrap that stuff as my Christmas presents.

I bought a couple of shirts for DS, and a watch for DH. Last week we bought DH a hooded zip-front sweatshirt at Gap, and I had a few other small things for him already so he is just about finished. I wish I had more "fun" stuff for DS but he simply has not asked for anything! :confused3

Janet,
OMG!!:eek:
Glad no one was hurt & your house was not damaged. What a thing to wake up to!

Chanon.
I agree with Jennifer, go for the purse.you can get any recipe online

Jennifer,
Holy Cow your girls could not be CUTER!!!!!!!!

Forget what I said earlier about it being freezing... it was, but now it's apparently 56 degrees outside. What in the world?! I'm sure it's just the calm before the next storm....

Help I have stabing pain in my tusshy, right side and it is going down the leg and making my foot numb. How can I get rid of it? I am really having trouble sitting.

Sounds like it may be your siatic(sp)nerve. Unfortunately if this is the case there is not much you can do. Hope it goes away soon :wizard:

Forget what I said earlier about it being freezing... it was, but now it's apparently 56 degrees outside. What in the world?! I'm sure it's just the calm before the next storm....
The same this is going on here! We had about 2 inches of water everywhere this morning, and it was raining and snowing. Now it looks like the pavement is just a little wet and it's not raining and the sun even came out for a few minutes! Now's the time to put some de icer out and save some accidents before the weather drops tonight.

I got the Sax purse. I think my cousin has one and she just loves that thing - though hers is huge! I never carry a big purse, so this should work. I can get a cookbook whenever.

Janet, goodness! That place is so close to yours! From the youtube video it looks like the wind was blowing right towards your house too. Are you able to air out the basement somehow with any type of exaust fans?

Hey that was quick finding it on youtube! The officer is my nieces dh & he is the one that came over to make sure we were ok :goodvibes

Here is the clip for anyone else that may want to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWsWeTFLNCg

Me too! :wave2:

So what gift are you most excited to see someone open?

The boys cameras will be exciting, but so will there stockings. They will not be excited about the clothes and shoes under the tree, but they need those.

Chanon, you raise a good question. I have no idea what I'm most excited about... I honestly can't even think of half the things I bought :rotfl:

I'll be honest, I'm not at all excited about opening the girls presents "with" (for) them.... they're so not at the right age for present excitement! Everything else will be fun, though! :)

Chanon, Gary wants to know how you found this on youtube so fast lol

Janet-those pictures are scary...glad you all are okay and nobody was hurt!!

Jennifer-those girls are just so precious:goodvibes

Heidi-I get that pain every once in awhile...I ignore it :rotfl2:

I have nothing I am excited for the girls to open....it's all stuff I know they'll enjoy but I truly can't get in the happy Christmas spirit. I have no idea what anybody else is sending either....could be Abi ends up with 3 booklights:rotfl:

The snow is really coming down now. We already have at least an inch on the ground and it is supposed to snow through the night. I so do not want to work tonight. I can't imagine that many people will venture out. I know that I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

Colby's last day was all fun. They had choice time in the morning followed by art. They made little tin ornaments in art class. After art they went to a performance. The man was a clown, performer, entertainer. He was fun to watch. The kids loved him. They were supposed to have music after that, but they ended up singing on the radio. The K-2 classes have been collection change since Thanksgiving to donate to David's house. David's House is kind of like Ronald McDonald house on a local level. The kids raised almost $400. The house is totally funded on donations each year. The radio station had them sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". They were so excited to hear themselves. The House is named after David, a boy that would have gone to my kid's school, had he lived to be old enough. From there they went back to the room and hade their Christmas Party. They had lots of baked goodies. They opened gifts which were actually wrapped in paper that they made. They were book written in Spanish that will be donated to their sister school in San Salvador. Then they got to bring home all the little goodies that they made over the week. They had several ornaments. One of his teachers gave out a gold dollar to each child, another gave a candy cane and his para gave him a couple of pencils and a Minnie Mouse Ornament. I think the ornament was extra for Colby since he gave her a set of crocheted (spelling?) kitchen towels. She is one of our neighbors.

Thanks Janet, and you have answered my question to Ann Marie.

Sounds like it may be your siatic(sp)nerve. Unfortunately if this is the case there is not much you can do. Hope it goes away soon :wizard:

I didn't realize we were so close to 250. Thanks, Heidi for starting our new home!

Jennifer (tink) your party sounds good! I posted this on the other link, but I'm putting it here, too. So, sorry if you read it already. I want to be your sister!
My sweet sixteen was anything but! My parents forgot it was my birthday. I didn't say anything, as I figured that they were going to surprise me with a party. However, there was nothing for me. By the end of the day I was upset, but didn't say anything. Too angry, and I wanted them to remember on their own.

I went to bed, and when I got up in the morning, I guess they'd remembered. On the dining room table was a homemade cake, and a branch from a tree, in a bucket of plaster, spray painted white, with 16 one dollar bills clothespinned onto it. That was it! They never acknowledged that they missed my birthday. I will say, though, that the guilt from that day has been awfully good throughout the years.

I now spend a lot of time reminding people of my birthday. I guess I'm still a little bitter about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter