DDA Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! :wave2:

So what gift are you most excited to see someone open?
My dads--my brother and I got him a dallas cowboys thing--its commemorating the old and new stadium--i cant wait ...Though in reality, the gift i am most excited to see someone open is my dads birthday present--in may! We got him a brick at the new dallas stadium. It says "How bout them cowboys. Joe, Cathy, Jen, and Joe **********, Die hard fans from NJ
Oh WOW Janet! I'm glad nobody was hurt, and that your home didn't sustain much damage. That is awful!
Wow--the video was amazing-What conditinos for the firefighters!

It will be the girls first time in a pool, if we get in with them. I'm not sure what they have, or what time Kyle will get there (and what the girls temperament will be when he does!). We may or may not go back tomorrow, depending on whether Kyle gets called in to work or not... we'll see! Avery hated the fountain we dipped her in at Millennium Park, so my guess is she won't be a big fan of this either, though she does love bathtime :confused3

The cake is just boxed cake mix (funfetti, Cassi's favorite) with our buttercream icing. And it's not nearly as fancy as Robyn's! :blush: (Yes, the cake is supposed to be "topsy turvy". The pan is, in fact, called that ;))

150-cassicake1219.jpg
i LOVE funfetti (is that horrible or what?!) Sounds like a great 16th birthday party!
Wow! What a great party!!!

My sweet sixteen was anything but! My parents forgot it was my birthday. I didn't say anything, as I figured that they were going to surprise me with a party. However, there was nothing for me. By the end of the day I was upset, but didn't say anything. Too angry, and I wanted them to remember on their own.

I went to bed, and when I got up in the morning, I guess they'd remembered. On the dining room table was a homemade cake, and a branch from a tree, in a bucket of plaster, spray painted white, with 16 one dollar bills clothespinned onto it. That was it! They never acknowledged that they missed my birthday. I will say, though, that the guilt from that day has been awfully good throughout the years.

I now spend a lot of time reminding people of my birthday. I guess I'm still a little bitter about it.
I hinted for weeks that i wanted a surprise party but figured I had no shot in getting one. On a friday before my birthday weekend, a guy in my gym class told me he would see me over the weekend..it wasnt a guy that i was really friends with (hes my brother's friend) so it kind of gave it away.
The next day, my then boyfriend asked me to come over which was normal..but then my dad called us and said we ha d to come home---surprise party :)

Deb sorry you still have to go to work, be careful! Glad to hear db is watching the boys till Chris gets home.

The firefighters left about an hour ago, they are back now. The building started smoking really bad again.

Chanon the smoke was coming directly at our house. It was really bad breathing, Riley & I were coughing & our throats felt raw. Once upstairs we covered our mouth & nose & it made it much easier to breath.

Janet was it just the building that burned. It looked like they saved the pumps :confused3

I'm off to work. I have no idea when I'll be home. Stay safe my friends.

Deb - Be careful! :wizard:

In a stunning display of idiocy, DISD has approved the 2009-10 calendar. They cut Thanksgiving break back to 3 days instead of 5, yet the school year still runs until June 3! :mad: :mad: :mad:
The proposed calendars showed if they cut Thanksgiving back that the kids would be out by Memorial Day. So WHY is Thanksgiving SHORTER yet the year is the SAME? How do people THIS STUPID manage to function on a daily basis? Really. :headache: It was an either/or thing, not a BOTH thing.

The stabbing pain has subsided, but it is still tender.
Thanks everyone.

Deb be careful. :wizard:

John bought Guitar Hero World Tour and he hates it.

Jennifer - those babies are sooooo cute and BIG! I wish I could reach right into my computer and hold them!

Janet - how scary. Those poor firemen.

Glynis forgot to tell you, my sister made a pecan pie and I got a small piece. (yum)

I was right. My insurance claim was denied. Next time I will know to drench the entire basement in water. It seems that if the pump overflows a bit, but then the foundation leaks AROUND the house, which is what happened, it's not covered. But if the pump overflows soaking the ENTIRE room, then it would be covered. Does that make sense?

Janet was it just the building that burned. It looked like they saved the pumps :confused3

I'm off to work. I have no idea when I'll be home. Stay safe my friends.

Yes just the building, which has now been demolished. After the firefighters had to come back, they had the city guys come & tear it down. Hopefully it will all be removed soon.

Be careful on your drive to work & home!

I was right. My insurance claim was denied. Next time I will know to drench the entire basement in water. It seems that if the pump overflows a bit, but then the foundation leaks AROUND the house, which is what happened, it's not covered. But if the pump overflows soaking the ENTIRE room, then it would be covered. Does that make sense?

Bummer, sorry to hear this Tammi.

The building or what is left of it is smoking again, I just called it in. I can't believe it :eek:

Jennifer - loved all the pictures. They look so little to be so grown up. :goodvibes What fun Christmas morning will be!

Janet - how scary to be wakened that way this morning. I am glad thye got the fire under control

Bah! It makes no sense to me. It is insurance speak for "we s c r e w e d you and got away with it!"

Janet - how scary! Still!

Deb - I hope things are slow and you can come home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter