DDA Chapter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a message a few months back about 2 special promos. One was that if I did $25 in surveys between April and something (November, maybe?) that I would get an extra $25 in bonus rewards. The other one was that I could now choose Target, Starbucks, and Macy's gift cards but they cost double the face value. Did you guys get either of those?

I never did. I also didn't get much of anything from them for a few months (about that same time). Now I've been getting things again.

Tammi - I'm glad Alyssa had fun at camp! Good luck on future auditions. Glad Nicholas is feeling better as well. The regular-use inhaler sounds like a great idea for the trip. I'm glad the doctor prescribed it.

Elin - Good luck to Kristin on the interview!

Jennifer - A Honey-Do list huh? Wish that would work. Guess I need to make a Me-Do list though. ;) Actually, what I really need to do is get our first 4 days mapped out really well. I know what we'll do for the most part, but I've got to think in Phil terms so my planning has to be executed a little differently, namely written down so that he could know what's next at any given time. Even if the "what's next" is walk around and observe.

peterpanman23 - Welcome!

Stephanie and Terry - I hope you're having a blast at the MagicMeet.

Paula - Thanks for the postcard! Terra and I loved it!

Tom - I just checked out your Big Give link and I love it! What an awesome idea.

Thank you all for some pages to read this morning. I was beginning to think the days of lots and lots of pages were long gone.

Me too! It was nice having some much humor and fun to catch up with.

Well, I had better get moving and ready. Dad and I are taking Terra, Kassie, Connor and Rachel to the zoo for Dinoroarus. They have 16 animatronic dinosaurs 3/4 scale size. It's supposed to be pretty cool and Dad can get us in free today. We're also hitting the Muny for their 90th Anniversary show that's supposed to be a revue of many past shows. A friend of Rachel's is in the kids chorus as is a boy from Kristi's church. Sometime I'll actually get a chance to finish planning our trip too. Maybe tomorrow while everyone is at church and Phil goes to see Dark Knight.

Here's what I have been doing this morning...took a heck of a time getting the transfers off the paper & onto the shirt. The blank design is from rumblytumbly, I just added the names. Everyone is happy because they got to choose their favorite character.

Designs.jpg

A brief update on my Mom.

She is out of the hospital, and back in the nursing home. She has been moved to a more skilled nursing section and is doing pretty well. She is just frustrated that she can't remember much from the last month,(I told her that was a GOOD thing!:) ) and that she can't talk well and swallow at all. She misses eating and drinking but has found out that she isn't really hungry anyway. Hopefully once she gets a little stronger, she will have PT to see if she can get any of her swallowing ablilty back. But for now she is stable, and on the mend.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers! They really helped us get through this!

Here's what I have been doing this morning...took a heck of a time getting the transfers off the paper & onto the shirt. The blank design is from rumblytumbly, I just added the names. Everyone is happy because they got to choose their favorite character.

Designs.jpg

Those look great Anne-Marie!

A brief update on my Mom.

She is out of the hospital, and back in the nursing home. She has been moved to a more skilled nursing section and is doing pretty well. She is just frustrated that she can't remember much from the last month,(I told her that was a GOOD thing!:) ) and that she can't talk well and swallow at all. She misses eating and drinking but has found out that she isn't really hungry anyway. Hopefully once she gets a little stronger, she will have PT to see if she can get any of her swallowing ablilty back. But for now she is stable, and on the mend.
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers! They really helped us get through this!

I'm so happy to read this update from you Tom. Continued prayers for your family! :wizard:

Hey, I'm thinking of meeting my grandparents halfway, at the Columbus Zoo, so they can meet Noah. Can you give me any insight? Also, like Elizabeth, I have no sense of direction...is it easy to find (I don't have a GPS and Kevin will be at work)?

Anne Marie - the shirts are really cute!

Tom - I'm so glad to hear that your mom is progressing and out of the hospital. Hopefully the PT will start soon!

I'm so happy to read this update from you Tom. Continued prayers for your family! :wizard:

Hey, I'm thinking of meeting my grandparents halfway, at the Columbus Zoo, so they can meet Noah. Can you give me any insight? Also, like Elizabeth, I have no sense of direction...is it easy to find (I don't have a GPS and Kevin will be at work)?
There are signs everywhere to follow. No GPS is really needed!:goodvibes

When are you going? I thought about taking Leighanna to the Zoo sometime next week!

Beth, thanks for taking the time to check in with your update. I hope your family has a great vacation!

Tia, have fun at the zoo! I hope you find some "me" time soon! :hug:

Stephanie and Terry, can't wait to see some pictures! Have a blast!

Good morning everyone! :wave2:

We went to a pancake breakfast this morning, at our old church, and now we're hanging out in the basement watching a movie. Kevin's going to take Alyssa and Matty to the pool after dinner, when it's hopefully a bit cooler outside and less crowded!

Hope everyone has a great day!

There are signs everywhere to follow. No GPS is really needed!:goodvibes

When are you going? I thought about taking Leighanna to the Zoo sometime next week!

I think it would be the week after next, but right now, I'm still trying to negotiate with them. :rolleyes1

My grandma sent me an email saying she and my grandpa were going to come down for the day. My grandpa refuses to spend the night away from their house (LONG story), and she's not comfortable driving down by herself.

I'm not comfortable with them making the trip in one day, especially since he drives at 55 mph, so I'm trying to offer an alternative. I love my grandparents, but they are both ridiculously headstrong. They also haven't been on speaking terms with my mother for almost 10 years. :headache:

Sorry to ramble...you just asked when I was going. ;)

I think it would be the week after next, but right now, I'm still trying to negotiate with them. :rolleyes1

My grandma sent me an email saying she and my grandpa were going to come down for the day. My grandpa refuses to spend the night away from their house (LONG story), and she's not comfortable driving down by herself.

I'm not comfortable with them making the trip in one day, especially since he drives at 55 mph, so I'm trying to offer an alternative. I love my grandparents, but they are both ridiculously headstrong. They also haven't been on speaking terms with my mother for almost 10 years. :headache:

Sorry to ramble...you just asked when I was going. ;)
No problem on the rambling.:)
After I work the next three days, I will have five off. :banana: Very rare for summertime months!
We planned on either the Zoo or Kings Island, depending on the weather.
Have fun planning, and if I can answer any questions I will be glad to help!

No problem on the rambling.:)
After I work the next three days, I will have five off. :banana: Very rare for summertime months!
We planned on either the Zoo or Kings Island, depending on the weather.
Have fun planning, and if I can answer any questions I will be glad to help!

Thanks Tom! :goodvibes

Did you know KI has a breakfast with the characters now? We haven't tried it yet, but you can buy tickets for it on their website.

Enjoy your mini-vacation from work! :yay:

I have no plans for going, although the one in Columbia, MD is not far away. I assume you are going to the one in Phila. It sounds like an odd mix of groups to me.

I looked and their is not a disney music block party within 300 miles of our zip. I recognize all of them as they show their songs in the morning during Cartoon time,

So I am now working tonight at some catered event. Apparently someone called off so I got recruited to work. I have to be there at 5:30pm I have a feeling it will be a long night.

I know this is a stupid request for good thoughts. But this has been frustrating and causing issues for a while. If you could send good thoughts that by Monday I have a trainer for First aid and CPR and the training totally set up it would be greatly appreciated. I have been struggling to set this up since May and volunteers are frustrated and so am I.

I hope you are all having great days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter