DDA Chapter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honeys,,,,im home!! What a fantastic trip!!!! Im exhausted today of course! I loved meeting Deb, Chris, and the boys. We spent some time with them in Epcot and it was like we had known them forever. So i am all unpacked...laundry is in...email is deleted...i am caught up here..I am going to get some pictures on here and watch the shows i DVRed !

Welcome home, Jen! It sounds like you had a great vacation. :goodvibes

I am mightily impressed that you caught up so quickly and concisely! :thumbsup2

And where is this MIL's son?

*sigh* He's here, now feeling very sincerely guilty and offering wholeheartedly to call and cancel. I'm not sure what the best course of action is. Of course I'd love to send her that message... but she has more issues of late than I've mentioned here (regarding visiting, etc), and I truly think she would need to be institutionalized if we canceled now (no exaggeration). I hate this, all of it. I feel terrible for Kyle, because he knows what a PITA she is and how frustrating this is to me. Still, she's his mother, and he's a good "kid" that sometimes forgets that he's an adult that needs to stand up to her... especially when she lays the guilt on so thickly he fears for her functionality if he says no to her. I can't really complain too much in that regard, he's really gotten pretty good at it. I suppose I should just pick my battles, but I'd rather move out of state and not see MIL for a very, very, very long time. Of course, that would probably send her entirely over the edge. :sad2:

*sigh* He's here, now feeling very sincerely guilty and offering wholeheartedly to call and cancel. I'm not sure what the best course of action is. Of course I'd love to send her that message... but she has more issues of late than I've mentioned here (regarding visiting, etc), and I truly think she would need to be institutionalized if we canceled now (no exaggeration). I hate this, all of it. I feel terrible for Kyle, because he knows what a PITA she is and how frustrating this is to me. Still, she's his mother, and he's a good "kid" that sometimes forgets that he's an adult that needs to stand up to her... especially when she lays the guilt on so thickly he fears for her functionality if he says no to her. I can't really complain too much in that regard, he's really gotten pretty good at it. I suppose I should just pick my battles, but I'd rather move out of state and not see MIL for a very, very, very long time. Of course, that would probably send her entirely over the edge. :sad2:

I am so sorry. I am married to a "good son" too. It took many, many years for him to stand up to his parents on my or our behalf. Living many hours away did help so I understand why that option is attractive. I hope today is not nearly as bad as you are anticipating. :hug:

Got a good book you can take along? ;)

Elin...if the Gamestop by me gets the Wii Fit...would you like me to pick up one for you?

I HATE HATE HATE United Airlines...screw this ethics class info from yesterday...I'd like to shoot them
What happened with your flight?

Tom, I'm glad to hear your mother is on the mend! I hope her good days continue! :goodvibes

Guess whose MIL is on her way in town now, and who will be going to her SIL's house because her DH told her "of course" we'd love to see them? And guess whose MIL will NEVER learn that she cannot just show up and expect us to meet her every whim, because we consistently tell her (in words or actions) that she can!?

Anyone have a guess? Anyone? :headache:
Hhmmm..........
think.gif
That's a toughy.

Honeys,,,,im home!! What a fantastic trip!!!! Im exhausted today of course! I loved meeting Deb, Chris, and the boys. We spent some time with them in Epcot and it was like we had known them forever. So i am all unpacked...laundry is in...email is deleted...i am caught up here..I am going to get some pictures on here and watch the shows i DVRed !
Welcome home!!!! Glad you had a great time.

I am so sorry. I am married to a "good son" too. It took many, many years for him to stand up to his parents on my or our behalf. Living many hours away did help so I understand why that option is attractive. I hope today is not nearly as bad as you are anticipating. :hug:

Got a good book you can take along? ;)

Eh, Kyle is really trying. He is doing quite well, considering less than a year ago he thought I was totally overreacting. Thankfully, the pregnancy and these girls made her even more of a nutcase, and he was able to see it. 99% of the time he and I are completely on the same page. It's just when the actual confrontation happens, that he sugar coats things. You can imagine that with some people (like MIL), sugar-coating might as well be like not talking at all, because they simply hear whatever they choose. I am quite appreciative that many times now, I don't even have to speak up about things and he already handles them the way they should be handled. I'm sure it's not easy for him, though.

To be honest, I'm not as much concerned about the actual events of tonight as I am just frustrated with the whole thing. Well, with her. Tonight I anticipate we'll waste gas and 45 minutes to drive to SIL's house, stay for dinner, and leave. I hope this is true, and the girls (as well as Kyle's guilt ;)) will almost assuredly make it so. I just hate the fact that she continues to get away with being herself, and that she is so good at making Kyle feel guilty. Some other time I could get into a novel about her conversations of late, which have honestly made us concerned about her physical and emotional well-being enough to bring it up to FIL. And the root of all of it? She doesn't see the girls as often as she'd like. I know she means well, and just loves them, for which I am thankful. But if she can't grasp where her boundaries need to be as anything but Elise's and Avery's mother or father, then she will no doubt see them less than she is now, even (which is quite frequently!!). I don't think she understands that. And to go into a serious crisis over it?! She really does have issues.

Unfortunately, no good books on hand. I do need to work on some portable projects such as thank-yous, baby books, etc, but I'd rather not inadvertently solicit her "help". :rolleyes:

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures. I'm impressed at all you've done today! :goodvibes

Welcome home, Jen! It sounds like you had a great vacation. :goodvibes

I am mightily impressed that you caught up so quickly and concisely! :thumbsup2
The ONLY reason I caught up so quick....i am EXHAUSTEd and cant nap...if i do, i wil be up ALL night.. So I am trying to keep busy so I dont sleep! I am uploading pictures now..all 400 :)

The ONLY reason I caught up so quick....i am EXHAUSTEd and cant nap...if i do, i wil be up ALL night.. So I am trying to keep busy so I dont sleep! I am uploading pictures now..all 400 :)

Yay! I have to get off of here and try to accomplish everything I've put off all week in about an hour, since that's all I have left now. I look forward to them being ready when I get back on! ;)

So for those that are interested in NYC what month would be good?

I should be working on stuff for my trip but instead I am thinking about other places I want to go.

Becky - I hope you don't have to work too late tonight! But, more importantly, I hope you get a trainer in place ASAP for you peace of mind.

Jennifer - I hope Virginia is OK. Maybe it is the heat?

Jennifer- I hope Virginia is feeling better.

Jennifer- :wizard: :grouphug: to you. I hope that your MIL is not too bad and does not stay long. I also hope you heal quickly and it does not case other issues.:grouphug: :wizard: Don't you remember you need to go pick up diapers and wipes at the store;) and it would be great if she could just spend time with your son and granddaughter.

Jen- Glad you had a great trip.

Tom- I hope Mom has a speedy recovery and remains in good spirits.

Kristine- Good to see you around.

Thanks for the dittoable post, Elizabeth. :wizard: for you, Becky and Jennifer.

thanks for the well wishes for Virginia
I dont think its the heat as we have the AC and ceiling fans on plus it was 6am both times plus we stayed in doors all day yesterday. I thought maybe her teeth.

Eh, Kyle is really trying. He is doing quite well, considering less than a year ago he thought I was totally overreacting. Thankfully, the pregnancy and these girls made her even more of a nutcase, and he was able to see it. 99% of the time he and I are completely on the same page. It's just when the actual confrontation happens, that he sugar coats things. You can imagine that with some people (like MIL), sugar-coating might as well be like not talking at all, because they simply hear whatever they choose. I am quite appreciative that many times now, I don't even have to speak up about things and he already handles them the way they should be handled. I'm sure it's not easy for him, though.

To be honest, I'm not as much concerned about the actual events of tonight as I am just frustrated with the whole thing. Well, with her. Tonight I anticipate we'll waste gas and 45 minutes to drive to SIL's house, stay for dinner, and leave. I hope this is true, and the girls (as well as Kyle's guilt ;)) will almost assuredly make it so. I just hate the fact that she continues to get away with being herself, and that she is so good at making Kyle feel guilty. Some other time I could get into a novel about her conversations of late, which have honestly made us concerned about her physical and emotional well-being enough to bring it up to FIL. And the root of all of it? She doesn't see the girls as often as she'd like. I know she means well, and just loves them, for which I am thankful. But if she can't grasp where her boundaries need to be as anything but Elise's and Avery's mother or father, then she will no doubt see them less than she is now, even (which is quite frequently!!). I don't think she understands that. And to go into a serious crisis over it?! She really does have issues.

Unfortunately, no good books on hand. I do need to work on some portable projects such as thank-yous, baby books, etc, but I'd rather not inadvertently solicit her "help". :rolleyes:

:wizard: :hug: for tour sanity and MIL's health and mentality

January hours are out, and Fantasmic is only scheduled for 2 nights the week we are there! No P&P parties scheduled in January either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter