• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Prayers appreciated for my son. He was sent home from Basic Training on a medical discharge.
Sorry to hear this. I hope he’s okay.

Going off on a lark?" Is that just packing up and taking a last minute trip? Solo? Family?
I meant Solo trip. If I ever did a solo trip to WDW and didn’t take the family. I don’t think it would go over well. They would want to come. And then I would be doing mostly family stuff and not DDCC stuf.

Jeff must be cheering for the Eagles this season. ;)
I’ve watched a few games (or parts of them). My problem being such a casual fan of football is that I have no idea which team I should cheer for. (For the record. I have not watched an Eagles game yet. They suck all on their own, without my bad mojo)

Sit him down and tell him you have no problem going back to prison if something were to happen to your DD. :teeth:
I might have to try that approach 😄
My oldest and her BF are closing in on a year together now and it’s the most serious relationship she’s had.

Morning, you galactically fine specimens of Disney lovin' masculinity.
All work, no play.

Next: the handball rules in English football are ridiculous so far.
Edit: the (new) handball rules are a dumpster fire.
I don't have anything against Tottenham per se
Oh, I do.
Had a good day yesterday and today looks like a goo day
Enjoy the goo. No judgement here buddy.
More beer?
Well, go on then, if it's your shout.
That must be it. It's Jeff's fault!
Man law #77
(For the record. I have not watched an Eagles game yet. They suck all on their own, without my bad mojo)
Jesus, how bad would they be if you did start following them. I think you should do it as an experiment, seeing as their season is over anyways.
I got a second interview scheduled for Tuesday
Goo luck.

Morning All,

Another humid one here. In to the office late as I had to take the cat to the vet and had another appointment downtown. $100 for the vet to feel up the cat and tell me he was doing good. I hope Declan keeps to his plan on becoming a Vet.

Had some time to kill waiting for the other appointment so I grabbed the camera and headed out to the riverfront to see what I could shoot. Can't really look at them until I get home, unless I really want to procrastinate. ;)

Have a good one all.

Morning all. Machines were down yesterday at the plant, but when they were running, my section was 96% productive. There's some type of productivity program running on an ipad that the bosses in Japan can watch production output in real time. Amazing technology. Downside is that I begin 19/2. So yes, I'm working the next 19 days straight. I don't consider that to be the "occasional overtime", but it will be good money as each Saturday is 1.5 x time and Sunday is 2 x time.

As I thought, the interview yesterday wasn't an interview, it was an offer. I gave them a salary number, they tentatively accepted pending management approval, and will put it in writing and email me later this week. Turns out I get to also manage a budget, including hiring an assistant if necessary. They even called the team I will be working with, who already knew me from the last job, and they were happy with me as well. The bonus is that I use this towards my independent clinical license, if I ever wanted to hang my own shingle in retirement years. And, 4 weeks off per year plus holidays, and 15% salary increase when I get that license. I haven't officially accepted as I have to wait for the electronic offer. And, I have to wait from legal approval from the state retirement board. And I think I remember saying just what else could I do in September.

That doesn't sound like a ton of fun. Take care of yourself.

Thanks. No issues Sunday or Monday. Still haven't ruled out standing, but I'm not using alcohol or cigars this week to control for those.

Oh, that's not good. Hope that goes away quickly.

Thanks. So far, so good. Maybe it was the Eagles bad performance that caused it. :lmao:

It sounds promising. I've been told that the guy that's interviewing me, which I think is a regional manager, is really nice. So as long as I don't screw things up.

Good luck at the interview.

Thanks. You know, I think of the movie Airplane every time someone says that

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Well, I'll pray that you get the job, or multiple offers to choose from.

Thanks.

Okay - so - Liverpool plays at 3:00 (local time) on something called Peacock premium. so, I guess I'll just cheer for L'Pool and not watch. Next: the handball rules in English football are ridiculous so far. 3) I liked that Jose Murhino lost. I don't have anything against Tottenham per se, but, I don't like that guy.
4) for anyone that isn't into EPL, sorry about this post.
5) I've been trying to work out the past 8 weeks, to put on quality muscle weight. Or, convert fat to muscle. I'm within the gov't BMI range (even though BMI is a joke), but I'm tall, and comparatively thin. So in my hope to adjust my diet and up my exercise, I was expecting to keep my weight the same, but instead of being 20% body fat, drop it to 15%. So my wife would be willing to hold my hand in public, instead of like.... not admitting we're married.

Instead, I've lost muscle weight, without dropping the % body fat. The irony is, I need to eat MORE calories ,not fewer. but none of those calories should be beer, so, I'm not sure how to do that!

Peacock premium is NBC's move to get more $. They created NBCSN, then NBCSN gold, and now peacock premium. I'm not going to continue to pay for platforms. So far, I can get a few EPL games a week and that's about it.

All work, no play.

Right back at you. I think your body fat level is just fine. :scared1: :rolleyes1 :lmao:

As I thought, the interview yesterday wasn't an interview, it was an offer. I gave them a salary number, they tentatively accepted pending management approval, and will put it in writing and email me later this week. Turns out I get to also manage a budget, including hiring an assistant if necessary. They even called the team I will be working with, who already knew me from the last job, and they were happy with me as well. The bonus is that I use this towards my independent clinical license, if I ever wanted to hang my own shingle in retirement years. And, 4 weeks off per year plus holidays, and 15% salary increase when I get that license. I haven't officially accepted as I have to wait for the electronic offer. And, I have to wait from legal approval from the state retirement board. And I think I remember saying just what else could I do in September
Is this instead of the white sauce gig or in addition to?
Well played eitherways.

There are some entities on Ringnorf 7 who wish to contest this statement.
Well, go on then, if it's your shout.
Nah. That was for others. Not a beer fan.
Jesus, how bad would they be if you did start following them.
:lmao:
$100 for the vet to feel up the cat and tell me he was doing good.
Wouldn't a cat of the opposite sex be cheaper?
I grabbed the camera and headed out to the riverfront to see what I could shoot.
Post here?
Just don't tell the cat you can get felt up here for $35 and a cup of tea.
$35????

In other news, considering a move to England.
There's some type of productivity program running on an ipad that the bosses in Japan can watch production output in real time. Amazing technology.
Huh!
Downside is that I begin 19/2. So yes, I'm working the next 19 days straight. I don't consider that to be the "occasional overtime", but it will be good money as each Saturday is 1.5 x time and Sunday is 2 x time.
The O/T is nice, but that's a long stretch. Done a few of those myself. You do get into a groove.
As I thought, the interview yesterday wasn't an interview, it was an offer. I gave them a salary number, they tentatively accepted pending management approval, and will put it in writing and email me later this week. Turns out I get to also manage a budget, including hiring an assistant if necessary. They even called the team I will be working with, who already knew me from the last job, and they were happy with me as well. The bonus is that I use this towards my independent clinical license, if I ever wanted to hang my own shingle in retirement years. And, 4 weeks off per year plus holidays, and 15% salary increase when I get that license. I haven't officially accepted as I have to wait for the electronic offer. And, I have to wait from legal approval from the state retirement board. And I think I remember saying just what else could I do in September.
Sounds pretty good. Gonna take it? Or still not sure.

Spent most of my time this morning preparing for my interview later today
God speed. Praying.

$100 for the vet to feel up the cat and tell me he was doing good
Did the cat enjoy it though? If so, you might see a lot if $100 bills in your future.

grabbed the camera and headed out to the riverfront to see what I could shoot
Better to shoot with a gun, but maybe you have one of them thar dual purpose cameras, ay?

So yes, I'm working the next 19 days straight. I don't consider that to be the "occasional overtime",
Holy carp. I think someone needs to look up occasional in the dictionary.

As I thought, the interview yesterday wasn't an interview, it was an offer. I gave them a salary number, they tentatively accepted pending management approval, and will put it in writing and email me later this week.
Congrats! Just curious...what would the retirement board have to do with it?

(For the record. I have not watched an Eagles game yet. They suck all on their own, without my bad mojo)

Yes. Yes, they do.

how bad would they be if you did start following them. I think you should do it as an experiment, seeing as their season is over anyways.

I mean, what the heck. Tank for Trevor! We'll see if we can get another QB for the Quarterback Factory.

$100 for the vet to feel up the cat and tell me he was doing good. I hope Declan keeps to his plan on becoming a Vet.

Sounds like the "diagnostic charge" at the car mechanic.

So yes, I'm working the next 19 days straight.

:faint:

And, 4 weeks off per year plus holidays, and 15% salary increase when I get that license. I haven't officially accepted as I have to wait for the electronic offer. And, I have to wait from legal approval from the state retirement board. And I think I remember saying just what else could I do in September.

Man, you have been busy. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Maybe it was the Eagles bad performance that caused it.

Well, it gave me an ulcer, so I can see it having physical effects elsewhere.

In other news, considering a move to England.

:rotfl2:

Cj didn’t sleep well and was always up early.
Bad insomnia. Been like that since I was a teenager. Earlier this week I got 7 hours in and my body was saying, "What has had happened?" Stumbled around for about an hour trying to get my bearings.
From the great man himself....I remembered him talking about it around the last World Cup. Damn, I miss that guy on here.

Afternoon gents! You can tell it's 2020, Bears 3-0, Cubs and White Sox both in the playoffs, Stanly Cup Final had two teams from the very southern hemisphere with a team from Florida winning the CUP - VDF? Good luck again to the job interviews and offer letters and Darcy hope the cat is more relaxed now and feeling less stress 8-)

I second, really miss CJ and for those that are going - 99 days to "official" Day 1 of DDCC9. Have a good one and stay safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter