DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone's having a wonderful week so far. Had a decent day yesterday. I spent most of the morning in what we call the "Mezzanine," an extra storage area where they store larger inventory, as well as store items they may need to run tests, or use for tests, on later. In reality, it's become a place where things go to die, think the Island of Misfit Toys. They've been cleaning this out for a while now, and I've been finishing it up. So I spent most of the morning cleaning and organizing what was left. Now on to my interview: it didn't happen. I got a call from the recruiter and was told that the guy who was interviewing me got called into a meeting, so we re-scheduled for Friday at 12 noon. Gives me more time to prep for it. I got some yesterday afternoon. I got a call from a recruiter that I've worked with in the past. I appears that a law firm off Cape is interested in me and wants to interview me for a paralegal position. If I'm offered this job I'd have a 45 minute drive to work, which is a lot closer than my 2.5 hour commute to Boston, but still...a longer commute. To be honest, I'd prefer the bank job as it offers more opportunity for advancement, but we'll see what I get in the way of offers. That's it for now. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Thanks. Looking good so far, for tomorrow.

How'd it go for riding the bike?

:eek::sad2:

I'm hoping that's how the other candidates looked at the interview.

:thumbsup2

Thanks. Appreciate that. :)

::yes::
I don't think I've ever even bought a lens without simultaneously buying a UV filter.

A pleasure, my friend.

More beer?

More beer is always good, right? 🍻

I meant Solo trip. If I ever did a solo trip to WDW and didn’t take the family. I don’t think it would go over well. They would want to come. And then I would be doing mostly family stuff and not DDCC stuf.

I thought that's what you mean, but wasn't 100% sure.

I might have to try that approach 😄
My oldest and her BF are closing in on a year together now and it’s the most serious relationship she’s had.

It could work. The only thing that could sink this plan would be your DD saying, "Oh stop it, Dad, you've never been to jail."

Morning, you galactically fine specimens of Disney lovin' masculinity.
All work, no play.

Never been called a "galactically fine specimen" before. Should I be worried?

Enjoy the goo. No judgement here buddy.

I did say, "goo," didn't I? Well, it wasn't too terribly gooey, but it was a decent goo.

Goo luck.

Thanks

Morning all. Machines were down yesterday at the plant, but when they were running, my section was 96% productive. There's some type of productivity program running on an ipad that the bosses in Japan can watch production output in real time. Amazing technology. Downside is that I begin 19/2. So yes, I'm working the next 19 days straight. I don't consider that to be the "occasional overtime", but it will be good money as each Saturday is 1.5 x time and Sunday is 2 x time.

Watching production in real time is cool, but can be irritating at the same time. And as for the overtime? That's awesome pay for Saturday and Sunday. Bank that for future Disney trips.

As I thought, the interview yesterday wasn't an interview, it was an offer. I gave them a salary number, they tentatively accepted pending management approval, and will put it in writing and email me later this week. Turns out I get to also manage a budget, including hiring an assistant if necessary. They even called the team I will be working with, who already knew me from the last job, and they were happy with me as well. The bonus is that I use this towards my independent clinical license, if I ever wanted to hang my own shingle in retirement years. And, 4 weeks off per year plus holidays, and 15% salary increase when I get that license. I haven't officially accepted as I have to wait for the electronic offer. And, I have to wait from legal approval from the state retirement board. And I think I remember saying just what else could I do in September.

That's awesome, dude! What kind of license would you be getting?

Thanks. No issues Sunday or Monday. Still haven't ruled out standing, but I'm not using alcohol or cigars this week to control for those.

Hopefully you can get it under control.

Good luck at the interview.

Thanks

Do you like movies about gladiators?

I do.

:thumbsup2

Good luck!

Thanks

God speed. Praying.

Thanks

Did the cat enjoy it though? If so, you might see a lot if $100 bills in your future.

For $100 that cat better have enjoyed being felt up.

Better to shoot with a gun, but maybe you have one of them thar dual purpose cameras, ay?

Hmm Dual purpose cameras. That'd be nice when you're out taking pictures in the woods and come across a bear.

Holy carp. I think someone needs to look up occasional in the dictionary.

Maybe they have a different dictionary.

Congrats! Just curious...what would the retirement board have to do with it?

I'm wondering that as well. Maybe it has something to do with making too much money. He worked for the state, so maybe the state retirement board puts a cap on how much he can make? I don't know, just tossing that out there.

Nice pics, though I'm wondering what #3 is? Almost looks like a giant robot hand with fingers.

okay - sometimes, I would like if my internet friends could actually stop by.
and, I say that knowing full well I'm a crappy internet friend myself. Like, someone (@declansdad maybe) posted some amazing photos. BUT - I didn't quote to copy them. So I'm sorry.

I did spend yesterday at the hospital. My 2 yr old had a lazy eye. They fixed it. however, it OVER-corrected, so yesterday, they re-fixed it. Or tried to. So we'll see.
he's also had his tonsils out this year. So this kid HATES the hospital now. And I understand that.

For myself, I appreciate all of you. Your help, support, and love of Disney makes this website one that I like to check in on regularly.

Also, @londontime , I love the English Football fans get so passionate about their teams. I like teams, but I wouldn't ever let a loss of any professional sports team affect my mood. I would let a WIN affect my mood, but not a loss.

We've rescheduled our Disney Cruise for the 2nd time. (scheduled, then reschedule, now a 2nd reschedule). We are set for March, instead of this past August. so..... we'll see ?

Covid Sucks. I am, however, getting more used to working from home. I don't hate it as much as I did in March / April.
Here's my most recent photo that I like. It's actually 2 photos. One of Nick Fury at Tony Stark's funeral, and one of ME - in that same spot!

Nice pics, though I'm wondering what #3 is? Almost looks like a giant robot hand with fingers.

It's part of a sculpture called "Where the rubber meets the Road" by PEI artist Gerald Beaulieu. Suppose to be two roadkill crows made of rubber and steel. Here is the reflection of one and a couple of other pics.

Morning, folks.
And happy birthday, Norm! 🎂

As requested, some of the shots from this morning.

one of the very few birds I can identify. Female mallard.
What am I looking at? Downed tree of some kind?

Afternoon Dads! Happy Birthday to Norm, hope you enjoy the day. Understand that it is tough times for a lot of folks but based on this platform, feel bad for the Parks Cast Members and the current layoffs coming as well as some of the long time entertainment being ended.

Happy Wednesday. I had an interesting interview yesterday. I went in for what I thought was a therapist position, and interviewed for their clinical director position as well as that person just left for another job. It was a disorganized mess. I think I'll pass on that one, unless the $ is super great.

Is this instead of the white sauce gig or in addition to?
Well played eitherways.

Instead. I told them I was retired, and would work OT as needed, and expected that I would get stuck having to work when others didn't want to. I didn't expect to work 19 days in a row without a day off. I've put in those dues.

The O/T is nice, but that's a long stretch. Done a few of those myself. You do get into a groove.

Sounds pretty good. Gonna take it? Or still not sure.

I like the pay, but I'm going to take the other job, assuming it all works out.

Congrats! Just curious...what would the retirement board have to do with it?

More government over reaction. There were those few cases, involving politicians or their appointees, who were making ridiculous salaries, and would then "double dip". Thus, retire from their job at $250K a year, and get re-hired for that same job the next day at the same pay. So, government over reaction was to punish everyone else. Now, there are lots of hoops to jump through for the average person like me, but not for the double dippers, as they already found another loophole.

So, if someone retired as a school bus driver, they have to fill out forms, have a waiting period, give blood, promise their first born, and a few other requirements in order to work as a janitor at the same school. Even though this company isn't funded with state tax dollars, I have to get permission to work there.

Man, you have been busy. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

::yes::

I would rather have shot them with my gun. Although, I'm not a huge fan of eating duck.

Thanks.

Happy birthday Norm!

Thanks.

Thanks.

and, I say that knowing full well I'm a crappy internet friend myself. Like, someone (@declansdad maybe) posted some amazing photos. BUT - I didn't quote to copy them. So I'm sorry.

I did spend yesterday at the hospital. My 2 yr old had a lazy eye. They fixed it. however, it OVER-corrected, so yesterday, they re-fixed it. Or tried to. So we'll see.
he's also had his tonsils out this year. So this kid HATES the hospital now. And I understand that.

For myself, I appreciate all of you. Your help, support, and love of Disney makes this website one that I like to check in on regularly.

Also, @londontime , I love the English Football fans get so passionate about their teams. I like teams, but I wouldn't ever let a loss of any professional sports team affect my mood. I would let a WIN affect my mood, but not a loss.

We've rescheduled our Disney Cruise for the 2nd time. (scheduled, then reschedule, now a 2nd reschedule). We are set for March, instead of this past August. so..... we'll see ?

Covid Sucks. I am, however, getting more used to working from home. I don't hate it as much as I did in March / April.
Here's my most recent photo that I like. It's actually 2 photos. One of Nick Fury at Tony Stark's funeral, and one of ME - in that same spot!
View attachment 528941View attachment 528940

Sorry to hear about the kid and the hospital. Both mine had tonsils out and tubes in their ears. I hated those early surgeries for them.

Cool picture of you and Nick Fury though.

Afternoon, er....males of the US and Canada who may or may not have a passing interest in the output of the Disney company.

Should I be worried?
You tell me, babycakes.... (I knew I couldn't keep the neutral language up for long)
Hopefully we'll have a beer one day and chat about it, I think there are rabid sports fans everywhere. In the English soccer thing, the club is an extension of your local community, and therefore, yourself. There are a ton of layers within that, and if you step outside of it and look at rationally, it makes no sense whatsoever. It's why people from London who follow your team or Man U get viciously judged. They are in effect denying who they are, for the cheap payback of claiming victory in a football match. I would take a Spurs fan from North London any day over a Cockney red. But again there are layers to that as well, i.e if your Dad was from Liverpool or Manchester. All part of our rich tapestry being a crazy Brit. That and Black Pudding.
Well, it wasn't too terribly gooey, but it was a decent goo.
Take it as a victory.
One of Nick Fury at Tony Stark's funeral, and one of ME - in that same spot!
That's cool. I don't know if I saw it here or somewhere else, can't you rent that place on Air BnB?
Understand that it is tough times for a lot of folks but based on this platform, feel bad for the Parks Cast Members and the current layoffs coming as well as some of the long time entertainment being ended.
Yeah, that was brutal today. 28000 or something? I never saw that Bob dude, I've never been on property in Port Orleans. Shame though. I used to really enjoy the Band at the Floridian, it looks like they got the bullet as well.
"Where the rubber meets the Road" by PEI artist Gerald Beaulieu.
It's very "Game of Thrones". Nice pics bud.

Have a good day fellas, from the back half of the week.

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone's having a wonderful week so far. Had a decent day yesterday. I spent most of the morning in what we call the "Mezzanine," an extra storage area where they store larger inventory, as well as store items they may need to run tests, or use for tests, on later. In reality, it's become a place where things go to die, think the Island of Misfit Toys. They've been cleaning this out for a while now, and I've been finishing it up. So I spent most of the morning cleaning and organizing what was left. Now on to my interview: it didn't happen. I got a call from the recruiter and was told that the guy who was interviewing me got called into a meeting, so we re-scheduled for Friday at 12 noon. Gives me more time to prep for it. I got some yesterday afternoon. I got a call from a recruiter that I've worked with in the past. I appears that a law firm off Cape is interested in me and wants to interview me for a paralegal position. If I'm offered this job I'd have a 45 minute drive to work, which is a lot closer than my 2.5 hour commute to Boston, but still...a longer commute. To be honest, I'd prefer the bank job as it offers more opportunity for advancement, but we'll see what I get in the way of offers. That's it for now. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

That's awesome, dude! What kind of license would you be getting?

For me, it would be a licensed clinical social worker. That is the independent practice License in most every state that can bill insurance. Can't prescribe meds, but can do counseling/ therapy.

Morning, folks.
And happy birthday, Norm! 🎂

Thanks.

Afternoon Dads! Happy Birthday to Norm, hope you enjoy the day. Understand that it is tough times for a lot of folks but based on this platform, feel bad for the Parks Cast Members and the current layoffs coming as well as some of the long time entertainment being ended.

Thanks. It was sad hearing about all the layoffs, but with all these COVID lockdowns, it was to be expected. It will hit more private industries, and next year into the public sector, when the government is short of tax payments because of all the layoffs.

Is he okay?
Prayers for your son.
Man, I hope he's OK. That must be disappointing for him.
Oh no! Hope everything is ok.
I'm sorry to hear that. Is he ok?
Sorry to hear this. I hope he’s okay.
Thanks guys. He will be OK eventually. In summary, one Drill Instructor took a particular dislike to my scrawny, hillbilly son and another trainee from Puerto Rico and made it his mission to break them. After 3 weeks of getting only a couple hours of sleep a day, he succeeded with my boy. I might be even more disappointed with the result than my son is. My wife and I were older parents and my kids have no other relatives they are close to so I was hoping he had found his "family" and his calling. Now he is back home with the same old friction between him and SWMBO so he went from high stress that was different to high stress that was familiar. No plan B at all and jobs are scarce in this COVID world. He was thinking about going up and living with my folks and attending the local Community College. They are in their 80's and need help but dad's dementia is getting worse and mom is getting very short tempered. I told him that wouldn't be a good idea as it would just be even more stress with living in the snow belt added for good measure.

Understand that it is tough times for a lot of folks but based on this platform, feel bad for the Parks Cast Members and the current layoffs coming as well as some of the long time entertainment being ended.

Sad day for many of our favorite CM's.

It was a disorganized mess. I think I'll pass on that one, unless the $ is super great.

It takes a lot of $$$ to be happy in a disorganized mess. Or at least to ignore it.

There are a ton of layers within that, and if you step outside of it and look at rationally, it makes no sense whatsoever.

This really can apply to a lot of the things we do.

@londontime - My cousin-in-law is from Liverpool. He joined the family (officially) as I was getting into Soccer (thank you Fifa '98 on the PlayStation), so L'Pool became my club, because that was his club. That's my multi-layered approach. My 2nd club is Crystal Palace, because of Walt Disney World. I'd be lying if I said I followed either team. I just cheer when I see they are on. And then I actively cheer against Jose Murhino, and against Man City. I'm apathetic to the majority of the rest of the teams (but watch b/c I like good footie matches), but was on the Leicester City (sp?) bandwagon a few years back.

Also, YES! the Tony Stark cabin is on AirBNB. We stayed there over Labor Day, and got WAY too many photos. We found the bench Cap was sitting on for the end scene of Endgame - my wife sprawled out all over where "America's A$$" had once sat.

Finally, I miss DisneyWorld. I was there in August. I'm ready to go back.

Thanks guys. He will be OK eventually. In summary, one Drill Instructor took a particular dislike to my scrawny, hillbilly son and another trainee from Puerto Rico and made it his mission to break them. After 3 weeks of getting only a couple hours of sleep a day, he succeeded with my boy. I might be even more disappointed with the result than my son is. My wife and I were older parents and my kids have no other relatives they are close to so I was hoping he had found his "family" and his calling. Now he is back home with the same old friction between him and SWMBO so he went from high stress that was different to high stress that was familiar. No plan B at all and jobs are scarce in this COVID world. He was thinking about going up and living with my folks and attending the local Community College. They are in their 80's and need help but dad's dementia is getting worse and mom is getting very short tempered. I told him that wouldn't be a good idea as it would just be even more stress with living in the snow belt added for good measure.
praying

Now on to my interview: it didn't happen. I got a call from the recruiter and was told that the guy who was interviewing me got called into a meeting, so we re-scheduled for Friday at 12 noon.
Phew! Thought for a second it had been canceled completely.
appears that a law firm off Cape is interested in me and wants to interview me for a paralegal position.
Feast or famine with you! Glad it’s great time right now.
How'd it go for riding the bike?
Didn’t. Rained in the morning.
More beer is always good, right? 🍻
Not for me... but for others, yes.
Heck, anyone stopping by would be nice. Stupid virus.
My 2 yr old had a lazy eye. They fixed it. however, it OVER-corrected, so yesterday, they re-fixed it. Or tried to. So we'll see.
Yikes. Hope that’s the end of it.
Man I sure hope travel and cruises can start up again sometime soon.
Cool!
Happy hiding camel day?
It's part of a sculpture called "Where the rubber meets the Road" by PEI artist Gerald Beaulieu. Suppose to be two roadkill crows made of rubber and steel. Here is the reflection of one and a couple of other pics.
Ohhh. Interesting art.
That's actually a male mallard.
:headache: D’oh. Of course it is. Know that. Don’t know why I typed “female”. I always point out how the male is prettier than the female. Surprises a lot of people.
went in for what I thought was a therapist position, and interviewed for their clinical director position as well as that person just left for another job. It was a disorganized mess. I think I'll pass on that one, unless the $ is super great.
Yikes.
like the pay, but I'm going to take the other job, assuming it all works out.
Hope it does work out.
He will be OK eventually. In summary, one Drill Instructor took a particular dislike to my scrawny, hillbilly son and another trainee from Puerto Rico and made it his mission to break them. After 3 weeks of getting only a couple hours of sleep a day, he succeeded with my boy.
:sad2: Not sure what the point of that is.

In summary, one Drill Instructor took a particular dislike to my scrawny, hillbilly son and another trainee from Puerto Rico and made it his mission to break them. After 3 weeks of getting only a couple hours of sleep a day, he succeeded with my boy.
That's awful mate, seeing as he was so set on going, to get rinsed out like that. Hoping for a positive turnout.

Morning, Gents! Had a good day yesterday, so nothing major to report. It was the Mrs.' birthday yesterday, so we ordered takeout and sat down for a family movie night. We wound up watching Enola Holmes. Enola is the sister of Sherlock Holmes, and the movie is about her. Really cute movie and glad we watched it. That's pretty much all I have. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Hope everything works out with your 2 year old.

I suspect you're not the only one who had to re-schedule their vacation this year. This darn COVID thing has thrown a monkey wrench into a lot of plans this year.

Yes it does, but at least your commute is short.

View attachment 528949

View attachment 528950

View attachment 528951

Oh I see. That's pretty cool.

Happy Wednesday. I had an interesting interview yesterday. I went in for what I thought was a therapist position, and interviewed for their clinical director position as well as that person just left for another job. It was a disorganized mess. I think I'll pass on that one, unless the $ is super great.

Well that's pretty cool. How do you feel about that? Is that something you'd want to do?

You tell me, babycakes.... (I knew I couldn't keep the neutral language up for long)

Well, I'm not too sure, sweet cheeks. :teeth: :rotfl2: Couldn't resist.

Take it as a victory.

Hey! Any day that is halfway decently gooey is a victory in my book.

For me, it would be a licensed clinical social worker. That is the independent practice License in most every state that can bill insurance. Can't prescribe meds, but can do counseling/ therapy.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks. It was sad hearing about all the layoffs, but with all these COVID lockdowns, it was to be expected. It will hit more private industries, and next year into the public sector, when the government is short of tax payments because of all the layoffs.

I'm trying to optimistic that things will turn around quickly once we have a vaccine, however, I know that it'll have to get worse before it gets better.

Oh that sucks. I'm sorry that happened. I understand the point of boot camp is to break them down so they can build them up, but to be singled out like that is not cool. I was lucky to never have been on the bad side of the company commander (that's what they called drill instructors in the Navy), but I have seen the company commanders single out someone and harass them. Usually this was because they were the screw ups in the company and kept bring it on to themselves. What this sounds like is the guy just chose your son for no other reason than because he didn't like him...and THAT'S NOT COOL. I do, however, have a question, and I ask this out of ignorance on how this works, but does this preclude him from trying again? If he wasn't physically hurt in a way that'll prevents him from trying again, maybe he can try again, but with the Navy. Again, I don't know, I'm asking out of ignorance.

Phew! Thought for a second it had been canceled completely.

I know, I thought the same thing when I heard, "Steve, I really hate to do this, but..." At least I get more time to prep.

Feast or famine with you! Glad it’s great time right now.

It really is. I'm thankful I'm getting these interviews. At least this time I'm not waiting months just to get them like last year.

Didn’t. Rained in the morning.

Well that stinks.

Not for me... but for others, yes.

:sad2: Not sure what the point of that is.

The whole point of boot camp is to break everyone down to build them back up again as new men and women, but to single someone out and, and basically harass them, is not cool.

Busy, back at work.
Both DDs are over their head colds.
We had to keep youngest out of school 5 days, a few days longer than normal for a simple head cold. These days if you show any symptoms of anything, you are asked to stay home. Worst thing is she falls behind and is not one to do well catching up - she doesn't have the motivation unless we push her to do it.

I am enjoying working from home. I can roll out of bed and work in my pajamas if I feel like it. I suppose I could have done that in the office, but I would get some funny looks.
Very cool picture, you look like the newest agent of shield.

Is it only me wondering what the camel is doing to that tree?

It's terrible news.
I only hope some of these people are re-hired when gatherings and entertainment is OK again.
It will be very disappointing if these entertainment offerings are never brought back.

I told them I was retired, and would work OT as needed, and expected that I would get stuck having to work when others didn't want to. I didn't expect to work 19 days in a row without a day off. I've put in those dues.
I work a crazy number of days in a row (14) but I do get a week off on the other side.
But I knew that upfront and signed the contact.
Plus I'm working from home, so no commute to take up my time.
Doing 19 days in a row, when you didn't expect it, and might only get a couple day off, is too much.

Both mine had tonsils out and tubes in their ears. I hated those early surgeries for them.
I had tonsils out and tubes in my ears 4 times from age 7 to 12. Not fun.

We wound up watching Enola Holmes. Enola is the sister of Sherlock Holmes, and the movie is about her. Really cute movie and glad we watched it.
DW and I caught that on Netflix last weekend too.
We enjoyed it. Not the greatest film ever, but worth a watch.

Oh that sucks. I'm sorry that happened. I understand the point of boot camp is to break them down so they can build them up, but to be singled out like that is not cool. I was lucky to never have been on the bad side of the company commander (that's what they called drill instructors in the Navy), but I have seen the company commanders single out someone and harass them. Usually this was because they were the screw ups in the company and kept bring it on to themselves. What this sounds like is the guy just chose your son for no other reason than because he didn't like him...and THAT'S NOT COOL. I do, however, have a question, and I ask this out of ignorance on how this works, but does this preclude him from trying again? If he wasn't physically hurt in a way that'll prevents him from trying again, maybe he can try again, but with the Navy. Again, I don't know, I'm asking out of ignorance.

They told him when he processed out he could re-enlist in 6 months. If it was just the medical end of it he probably would but he has seen how it can come down to an arbitrary issue like the MTI (Air Force drill instructor) personally disliking you and I don't think he is willing to go through that again. The COVID thing made it worse because for the first two weeks they were on restriction of movement and never left the dorm area. Barbers came to them, meals came to them, supplies came to them, immunization personnel came to them. In the pre-COVID thing at least you had a little break just parading to the various locations for meals, shots, etc. My son expected them to be a pain in the Alien Swirling Saucer. Some were mean, grumpy SOBs and he expected that and realized they were just doing their jobs. Two he said were even "almost decent humans". Out of all of them, it was just this one that really had it in for him for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter