DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning gents.
About 33F/1C this morning.

I am not ready for this yet!

'Morning all...
Was traveling Saturday, recovering Sunday, and spent Monday redoing everything from last month because of a late journal entry...
Needless to say, I've missed a few things 'round here again.

Lots of injuries all of a sudden; may all y'all heal up quickly.

Congrats to the various yopung'en's accomplishments and a knowing nod about how dense they can be at times.

As for the best steak at WDW...
I haven't been to near as many of the high-end spots on world as some of you, but one of the best I've had was at the Rose and Crown at Epcot. The best meal I've had was at the California Grill.

YUP! Sadly, the "best" option cost $150 a month and still a $2500 OOP. Not much better.
Is that 150 per person or for the family?

My OOP is only 500 per person per year but...
the monthly for three people is better than $500.
I might rather have your policy.

Morning gents.

Was the same here this morning, and the last few mornings. Yes, there was a slight skim of snow on the roofs and cars the last couple mornings. But it's supposed to warm up a bit to 14-15C/55-59F over the next couple days. Not Florida weather (or even New Brunswick weather lately), but I'll take it over snow and ice.

Lots of injuries all of a sudden; may all y'all heal up quickly.

It's like it's a club with a bunch of old farts or something.

Nothing personal, but better you than me. Me no likely cold.

Seriously, though...how's your back?

Me no likey cold either.

Back hurts a lot... but it's still better than yesterday and wayyy better than the day before.

Was the same here this morning, and the last few mornings. Yes, there was a slight skim of snow on the roofs and cars the last couple mornings.

::yes:: Same here. Yuck.

But it's supposed to warm up a bit to 14-15C/55-59F over the next couple days. Not Florida weather (or even New Brunswick weather lately), but I'll take it over snow and ice.

We had 24C/75F just a couple of days ago. Bit of a shock to the system!

Morning gents.

That sounds terribly cold.

As for the best steak at WDW...
I haven't been to near as many of the high-end spots on world as some of you, but one of the best I've had was at the Rose and Crown at Epcot. The best meal I've had was at the California Grill.

Is that 150 per person or for the family?

My OOP is only 500 per person per year but...
the monthly for three people is better than $500.
I might rather have your policy.

I agree with Cali Grill. Excellent steak. I was just going with the Boardwalk area.

That's $150 per person per month fee. That doesn't count the $1500 OOP (single) to then just hit co-insurance payments.

(or gray if you’re not using the Queen’s English).
Why on earth would you not use the Queen's English? Or U's?
Not so much fun for me. Threw my back out yesterday again.
Same thing as last time? Weren't you laid up for like a week or so before? Hope it clears up soon mate.
Man United lost, which should make you happy.
Not really, as Spurs v Liverpool was Sunday, so there was statistically no chance of those teams coming out of the weekend with Zero points. I've got a feeling West Ham will have a new manager by November.
I posted some picks there of my trip Thursday to Key Largo
Yep, saw them buddy. Looks like those guys are starting to back on their feet a bit?
Tried that but the files are always too large, need to figure out how to easily cut the size
Yep, still haven't worked it out.
Back from our concert trip, great show but no naked ladies were spotted.....on stage
:bday:
Dolphins doing everything they can to give the game away.
And the bears win again! These London games are a getting a bit dull, its like one team just ain't turning up.
booked our stay at da world in February. 18th-22nd
Nice one. Keep us updated.
Good news for DS tonight, he is now a proud member of the Leo Hayes Varsity Basketball team.
Pass on congrats to Declan mate, that's awesome.
Prime Rib at Turf Club at SSR
I liked the turf club a lot. Not so much the rest of SSR...Good to hear the knee held up.
Us grey or gray hairs have to stay United
I might be joining that club soon mate ,it's starting to turn quite a lot now...

Evening chaps. In the final throes of halloween prep. Kids swimming this evening, and had that sinking feeling that I'd lost my card wallet when I went to pay in 5 guys. Drove all the way back to the swim venue, searched outside & inside the car, and then walked in and it was sitting on the side :sad2:. Don't get me to look for your bacon or yoghurt.

Have a good one fellas.

Same thing as last time? Weren't you laid up for like a week or so before? Hope it clears up soon mate.
I hope it's not that long. Heal quickly @pkondz

Whose birthday? I don't do FB, so don't know.

And the bears win again! These London games are a getting a bit dull, its like one team just ain't turning up.
The dolphins are winning and the bears are too...signs of the apocalypse?

Nice one. Keep us updated.
First ever PTR is here https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...college-days-style-february-2018-ptr.3642839/ if you or anyone else is interested.

No, 33/1 is NOT warm. Granted, it's not as cold as it will get, but it's still cold!

Nah. Only the condensation in the morning is frozen. Not bad at all. Not used to it yet, though, so putting on a light windbreaker.

Yep. And yep.
Not quite as bad this time, though. I didn't fall over onto my face this time. So there's that.

I hope it's not that long. Heal quickly @pkondz

Thanks!

Nah. Only the condensation in the morning is frozen. Not bad at all. Not used to it yet, though, so putting on a light windbreaker.

Yep. And yep.
Not quite as bad this time, though. I didn't fall over onto my face this time. So there's that.

Thanks!
According to @declansdad F <-> C conversion chart, people in Canada don't throw on a flannel shirt until -6, so isn't this a bit early for light windbreaker? :rotfl2:

Morning gents. Hope everyone has a happy hump day.

And for those of us working, well..... weekend's coming.

Morning gents. Hope everyone has a happy hump day.

And for those of us working, well..... weekend's coming.
I'm not sure how it can be happy...43/6 here. I realize you may not think so, but that's cold here.

Good news for DS tonight, he is now a proud member of the Leo Hayes Varsity Basketball team.

Congrats to Declan! Great news.

Went up to the stage 2 knee brace at tennis tonight, the one with stabilizers and Velcro straps. It felt weird having something that heavy on my knee, but it worked. Not much pain at all. A major improvement.

Glad to hear it. You'll be fully bionic in a couple more years.

Morning gents.

Seriously. I guess we're skipping autumn this year.

It's like it's a club with a bunch of old farts or something.

Welcome to the DDOFC.

Back hurts a lot... but it's still better than yesterday and wayyy better than the day before.

Glad it's improving. Hope that continues. Maybe you can try one of Norm's miracle braces?

I feel bad for you guys. We seem to be in the practice of exporting our crappiest games. Doesn't seem like a solid expansion strategy for the NFL.

The dolphins are winning and the bears are too...signs of the apocalypse?

Don't forget the Eagles! Hope they can hang on....just once in my lifetime...

Happy Wednesday. Worked church event last night, and need to work at both places today. Phone meeting this morning will make it even worse.

Not really, as Spurs v Liverpool was Sunday, so there was statistically no chance of those teams coming out of the weekend with Zero points. I've got a feeling West Ham will have a new manager by November.

I liked the turf club a lot. Not so much the rest of SSR...Good to hear the knee held up.

So, you're cheering not to be relegated? Well, i guess that's something. :lmao:

Agree with you on SSR. Too big a resort. We stayed there a couple times, but it is really spread out. Plus, we like being closer to the parks.

I'm not sure how it can be happy...43/6 here. I realize you may not think so, but that's cold here.

We were in the 40s this morning as well. It renews my vigor to get DW to move to Florida.

Agree with you on SSR. Too big a resort. We stayed there a couple times, but it is really spread out. Plus, we like being closer to the parks.
I actually like the open feel of SSR. Especially if we want to sleep in on a particular day...less likely to have a thundering herd wake us up. We stayed in the treehouses a couple of years ago and aside from loooong waits for boats, it was very relaxing. I think that's one of the things I love about Disney...there's something that will appeal to (just about) everyone.

We were in the 40s this morning as well. It renews my vigor to get DW to move to Florida.
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter