DDE Dining and the Mouse - Day 3: 10/30

MadToad

Mouseketeer
I wake up in the morning and look at my DDE card. We've been breaking it in gently, but now it's time to flex some DDE muscles!

Mon 10/30:
Guess where we had breakfast? If you read the first 2 reviews, you only get 1 guess. This time I try the crumb cake loaf and breakfast sandwich at the Bakery, although that breakfast burrito is starting to look pretty good. Maybe next time. Both were great, and the people behind the counter are starting to recognize me. I'm almost famous! :blush:

We spent the morning/early afternoon in the Animal Kingdom and then hopped the MGM for lunch at the Brown Derby. We wanted to see Fantasmic before it went into rehab, so a late lunch / late dinner was the plan. The Derby was awesome as always. I am a huge fan of the Cobb Salad, and DW enjoys the Oreccietti. Neither disappoints. The salad was presented before mixing (the way it's supposed to - some past visits it's been delivered already mixed) and the pasta was terrific. The rolls were awesome as always. We skip dessert, as we're still angry that they've taken the Earful Tower Sunday off the menu. DDE savings was appx $16.

After Fantasmic we wander over to Epcot for our dinner at Le Bistro in France. After 2 "all you can eat" dinners, I almost forget what good service is like. Our waiter corrects that, by providing excellent attention. We skip appetizers (much to his dismay), and opt for a glass of Bordeaux instead. I have the filet (the sliced steak was not on the menu) and DW has the lamb. Mine was very good, and DW's was gone so fast I almost missed it. Somewhere, Mary wept. :sad:

You know when there's no talking at a meal, that the food is pretty darn good. The rolls rivaled the Derby's. Since we skipped appetizers and the dessert menu looked so good, we ordered 2. I ordered the Chocolate Sampler and DW ordered the Vanilla Sampler (I forget their formal names). Wow. Mine was good - a chocolate lava cake, a shot of a chocolate/mint liquor, and a scoop of chocolate gelato. The gelato gets all but ignored as I only have so much room in my stomach. The Vanilla sampler was a vanilla gelato (which we combined with the lava cake), creme brule, a rice pudding brule (wow was this good), and a version of a custard flan. We thought this would be the best dessert of the week, only to be proven wrong a few days later. Great food, great service, great wine, awesome dessert, and a view of Illuminations. DDE savings was appx $23.

Overall, the bakery maintains it's A rating, the Derby pulls an A, and Le Bistro flirts with an A+. AND we're now making a profit on that wonderful card!

Next up are Columbia Harbour House (courtesy of the Keys Tour) and Narcoosee's.

Absolutely loving your reviews, that BW bakery is sounding better and better!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter