• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dear Aengus ...

heh, sorry everyone. The title Aengus is just a title. I wish I had a great story for you all about it but I dont :)

heh, sorry everyone. The title Aengus is just a title. I wish I had a great story for you all about it but I dont :)

In Irish mythology, Aengus (Áengus, Óengus, Aonghus) aka Aengus Óg ("Aengus the Young"), Mac ind Óg ("son of the young"), Maccan or Mac Óg ("young son") is a member of the Tuatha Dé Danann and probably a god of love, youth and poetic inspiration. He was said to have four birds symbolizing kisses flying about his head (whence, it is believed, the xxxx's symbolizing kisses at the end of lovers' letters come from).

I guess this is not where you got it from. :lmao:

In Irish mythology, Aengus (Áengus, Óengus, Aonghus) aka Aengus Óg ("Aengus the Young"), Mac ind Óg ("son of the young"), Maccan or Mac Óg ("young son") is a member of the Tuatha Dé Danann and probably a god of love, youth and poetic inspiration. He was said to have four birds symbolizing kisses flying about his head (whence, it is believed, the xxxx's symbolizing kisses at the end of lovers' letters come from).

I guess this is not where you got it from. :lmao:

I did know this, but no I didnt get it from there :rotfl:

Doc knows more about this stuff than I, but I believe its a gaelic spelling of the name Angus.

It does also have strong ties to Scottland. Thats about the end of what I know about it. Oh there was an old Poem titled "Aengus" also @_@. Now thats the end of what I know about it.

OH OK 1 more thing. its gone now, but aengus.com used to be an irish band LOL :)

In Irish mythology, Aengus () probably a god of love, youth and poetic inspiration. He was said to have four birds symbolizing kisses flying about his head (whence, it is believed, the xxxx's symbolizing kisses at the end of lovers' letters come from).

Now we know where lava boy came from
:lovestruc

Dear aengus,

What do snow and evil bannanas mean to you? Also, why are you in a war with Pink?

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

Snow is this stuff I have to shovel, bananas are an excellent source of potassium, and I am not at war with pink. She is at war with me :)

Dear Pink,

Why are you at war with aengus?

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

Also...

Dear SnowyJingleBells,

What's up with the Snow Vs. Evil Bananas thread?

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

Dear Pink,

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

Also...

Dear SnowyJingleBells,

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

I think it just started to turn into a random "whatever" thread...:rolleyes:

It started off with snow VS. bananas, though!

Dear Pink,

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

Also...

Dear SnowyJingleBells,

Sincerely,

Lost in the Dis

Wow.... you know, I don't even remember anymore :confused3

BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING!! :dance3:

Dear Aengus,

Why can't you just accept the fact that you lose every battle with Pink?

Signed,
Green Lava Cat ;D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter