December 11, 2004 Eastern cruise thread

Bbgrizzle

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF & survived <
Hi,
I just switched our cruise dates to 12/11/04 and I'm wondering if there are any other DIS'ers out there who will be cruising with us. This is our 3rd DCL cruise, our most recent one was May of this year. We have done Eastern and Western both and are looking forward to another Eastern so we can have that extra day at sea.

Let me introduce you to our family (ages at time of cruise):

Brent (36)
Bonnie (33)
DD Heather (11)
DD Caitlin (7)
DD Ainslee (3)

Hope to hear from some other DIS'ers who will be cruising with us! :Pinkbounc

Hi Bonnie - we won't be sailing with you :( but take care of the ship for us because we board the day you get off for the 10 day holiday cruise.

Just wanted to say HI! Hope we both have as great of weather in Dec. 2004 as we did when we sailed in May :sunny:

Hi Mary,
I will leave the ship in excellent shape for you! As for the weather, I wasn't fond of it in May (I'm not used to the humidity). That's why I chose December! Take care! :cutie:

Hi Bonnie, we'll be with you on the 12/11/04 cruise. Just DD & myself (both well over 21). Sure seems a long way off.
Which May cruise were you on? We were on the 5/17/03 Eastern.
I like that extra sea day too.

fran

Hi Fran!
We were on the May 10th Western, so we just missed you! Did you have a DIS meet on yours? We did and it was really great meeting everyone. So is this your second cruise?

Hi Bbgrizzle!! It's been a while SQUIGGLE. There are about 30 of us (Family) that are scheduled to go. Due to Workman's Comp and Insurance issues with my husband's business I'm not sure if we will be able to go. We are keeping our fingers crossed and would love to go again. In my family it will be:

Mike (38)
Lisa (34)
DD Devyn (6)
DS Trevor (4)

I hope to meet you all!!!

This will be our 6th cruise. We did the 3 day and 4 day way back when those were the only cruises DCL had. Then we've done 2 7 day Easerns and the Inaugural 7 day Western.
Didn't really do a meet on the May 2003 Eastern; but had three meets on the Inaugrual Western. One at the Radisson the night before; another at the SailAway Party and a 3rd on one of the Sea Days. Was really nice putting faces to the names.

Dis Mama - sure hope you can make it. A group of 30 would be awesome! Sounds like a lot of work.

Oh, well, have to get back to work!

It doesn't seem like there are too many people on our cruise! Of course it is still early. Lisa, hope you join us!

I need advice. :confused: We will be traveling with my mom and her husband (their first cruise!) and we have 3 kids. Right now, my family is in a category 4 and they are in a category 9. I thought that since we have my mom with us this time, one of the kids could sleep in their stateroom (they already said it was fine) and then we could downgrade and not pay as much. We thought of even going down to a category 9, and getting connecting staterooms. On our first cruise (with no kids), Brent and I were in a category 9 and thought it was fine. Our second cruise we took the kids and were in a category 4. If we do a categoy 9, will it seem really crowded with the two kids this time? I can't remember how small the room actually was. A verandah is not an issue for me, as last time I only went out on it twice the whole cruise. We would like to save money so that we can also do the 5 days at WDW before the cruise. But we don't want to be uncomfortable, either. Thanks for your advice.

Bonnie, can't speak from experience as we have only had room with a verandah (I love to sit out there early in the morning and before bed); but from diagrams Cat 9 looks size of Cat 6 without the verandah. And it does say some sleep 4. Sorry I can't be more help. You might try posting a thred on the general cruise board.

fran

Hi Everyone!

We just booked three rooms on the December 11th, 7 day cruise.

Traveling will be my family:

Eric and Veronica (my hubby and I)
Anne - 7
Sam - 5
Jed - 22 months

As well as two other families with children the same ages as ours.

My friends have never been on a cruise before, much less a Disney cruise! We were on a 3 day Disney cruise last October and can't wait to experience the 7 day.

It's a long way off but I'm hoping the dream of it will make a long cold winter in Buffalo a bit more tolerable.

Where are y'all from?

Welcome, Ragamuffinmom! Looks like we will have DDs the same age. Is yours in first grade this year? We are from Las Vegas.

Fran, thanks for your advice. I went ahead and downgraded to the category 9. I think it will be fine. We booked connecting rooms with my mom and stepdad, and each sleeps 4. The category 4 didn't seem that much bigger when we had it this year anyway. I'll just be happy to be back on the Magic!

Yes - our dd is in first grade. Traveling with us will be another first grade girl and 5 boys of various ages along with their respective parental units.

We sailed last October as a gift from my dear mother in law. It was only a 3 day cruise but since she was going with us she had booked the Walt Disney suite. We won't be in such luxurious accomodations this cruise (we're all in a row of cat 6's) but I'd take a 7 day cruise in a cat 11 over a 3 day in a suite! Just being on the ship alone is heavenly!!!

In May, our stateroom was 2 doors down from the Walt Disney Suite and we would always peek in when it was being cleaned. :teeth: We couldn't see all that much, but it looked very nice! How many people can it hold? I'm with you--I'd definitely take a 7-day in the lowest category over a 3 day in the highest. I've never done one less than 7 days, but I feel like if I did a 3 day, they'd have to be all three days at sea. I don't really care about the ports, I like being on the ship!

I ordered a new DCL video and it just arrived! I hope it's different than the one I got a year ago.

I'll be booking, but since I'm a DVC member I have to wait until January 12th to book this cruise. I might also book Oct 30th, but the Dec 11th is the only sure thing at this point.

We'll be 2 adults - no kids!

jwann and Buckleybunch,
Here we are, right here! :)

How is everyone else doing? Did you see that WDW holiday special on the travel channel with Samantha Brown? I am so ready to go! Is anyone else spending time at WDW before/after the cruise? We are planning to spend 4 or 5 days there before the cruise. We've never been at Christmastime, so we are really excited. I wish you all a happy holiday!

I am SOOOOO excited to have a thread just for our cruise!!!!!
It makes it seem so REAL!!!
Here's our travel party - 8 in total:
Myself (38)
DH (41)
DS (9)
DS (6)
My sister (36)
DH (41)
DS (8)
DD (5)

We have all been on a 4-day and a 3-day Disney cruise. Both of them in 2003. I can't beleive we have to wait a whole year to go again.

Do you think we'll have a DIS meet? My sis and I and the kids are always dancing during the sailaway party. This is what we'll look like so you'll know which ones are us:
:Pinkbounc :smooth: :wave: :Pinkbounc :crazy: :Pinkbounc
Clear? lol

Hi Disney Cruisers for Dec 11,2004..

My family will be traveling.. Looking for a 12 or 13 yr old to start a pen pal friendship with my will be 13yr old..

Rob ( DH)
Linda ME
Shelby 12 now
Delanie and Darby 8
Noah 6

then my parents are also going with us.
The twins will be celebrating their 9th bday on the date we return. Then we have planns to go to AKL until after Christmas.

I just saw the Travel channel special on WDW during the holidays! I am trying to talk my clan into staying in the park a few days after the cruise. That Mickey Christmas Party from 7-12 at night looked GREAT. Has anyone done that before? When will they release the dates for that? Do you think they'll have it after we get off our cruise??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter