December 2013 car rental

Just got a 1 wk 3 hr rental thru Alamo at TPA - minivan for $266 all in.
This is with Insiders and the $25 off coupon code.

Full size SUV was $319 for the same time period - not bad at all for large vehicles.

Check your alamo rates...mine went down!
Yesterday it dropped $2, but I was able to upgrade from economy to compact.

Today it dropped another $10 (kept the compact).

Best rate for me was: sunpromo I did put in my alamo insiders but it came up $7 higher than sunpromo.

Dollar rates are down for Christmas now too. Still not as good as the rate I got through the Chase Ultimate Rewards though. But if you like Dollar & don't have access to the UR rate then check your dates!

Check your alamo rates...mine went down!
Yesterday it dropped $2, but I was able to upgrade from economy to compact.

Today it dropped another $10 (kept the compact).

Best rate for me was: sunpromo I did put in my alamo insiders but it came up $7 higher than sunpromo.

That is because Insiders is 10% off, and Sunpromo is generally 15% off.

Here is an update as to what the best prices I have found for an 8 day rental from Dec 7-15. I am looking for the least expensive vehicle as there are just 2 of us.

Budget - compact $133 - Costco code and $40 coupon
Firefly - economy $142 - no codes
Alamo - economy $150 - Sunpromo
Dollar - compact $155 - city special

Rates for Dollar, Alamo and Firefly seem to have fallen a bit over the last couple of days. My Budget rate was obtained in a booking a couple weeks ago and would be $140 if I booked it today instead.

Have a great weekend!
:tinker:

My rates have gone up quite a bit on every site. It's looking like $187 for a fullsize with Alamo for 9 days will be the winner on this trip. Of course I'd like it to go lower but I am ok if this is the best I can do. I set a max. of $200 and said I wouldn't rent a car if I couldn't get it under that, and I did. However.. you know I'll still keep looking right up until we leave. It's like a compulsion at this point.;)

I am still holding my original reservation and am really disappointed at how little movement there has been on the price [read, none!]. I can change to another company for a slight discount, but I really like the ease of the National Aisle....but I'm feeling a bit like a chump to be paying the top dollar for my own brand loyalty. In any event, the money difference really doesn't seem to be that much better to switch...this is far and away the most expensive car in 7 trips to the world.

Leaving in 9 days for WDW. Booked full-size car for 12/3-12/8 way back with Budget for $363 and later changed to Alamo for $263. A few weeks ago I got it down to $207 with Alamo and was thrilled with this! Decided to check today -- am now down to $163.65 for a full-size with Alamo using BJ's and Alamo insider code. I get a free additional driver as well!!!! :cool1:

Priceline is showing some awesome rates right now with Alamo and Thrifty for my dates. It offered me a fullsize all in for 9 days for $160. I was so excited. Of course when getting all the way through to the check out page it says the rates have increased and it's now $211.:headache:. Annoying. If the rates have changed then don't advertise them Priceline:rolleyes:

Leaving in 9 days for WDW. Booked full-size car for 12/3-12/8 way back with Budget for $363 and later changed to Alamo for $263. A few weeks ago I got it down to $207 with Alamo and was thrilled with this! Decided to check today -- am now down to $163.65 for a full-size with Alamo using BJ's and Alamo insider code. I get a free additional driver as well!!!! :cool1:

Lori...thats awesome...but try to check pricing & take out bjs code & try sunpromo for the id. It saved me more $$ than with my bjs membership...

I am still holding my original reservation and am really disappointed at how little movement there has been on the price [read, none!]. I can change to another company for a slight discount, but I really like the ease of the National Aisle....but I'm feeling a bit like a chump to be paying the top dollar for my own brand loyalty. In any event, the money difference really doesn't seem to be that much better to switch...this is far and away the most expensive car in 7 trips to the world.

Would you like me to try to play around to see if there is a lesser expensive option? if so, let me know dates, pick up time, and what kind of car... I have time, I dont' mind checking around.

Would you like me to try to play around to see if there is a lesser expensive option? if so, let me know dates, pick up time, and what kind of car... I have time, I dont' mind checking around.

If you have the time....We arrive at 5p on 12/17, leave 2p on the 29th. I need the second driver and don't want to have to wait at a counter :goodvibes If its not a National rental, I'll need to be talked through what to do to get the car.

I currently am booked on the Exec Aisle, so I have "at least" a full size, but would snag a Minivan or SUV if available. Currently holding at $470 all in.

Thanks so much.

If you have the time....We arrive at 5p on 12/17, leave 2p on the 29th. I need the second driver and don't want to have to wait at a counter :goodvibes If its not a National rental, I'll need to be talked through what to do to get the car.

I currently am booked on the Exec Aisle, so I have "at least" a full size, but would snag a Minivan or SUV if available. Currently holding at $470 all in.

Thanks so much.

So far that doesn't look like a bad price. I checked with Alamo & Dollar. (both can bypass counter).
I put in Alamo codes that gave free driver= full size $490.55.

Dollar fullsize $344.76 but did not include additional driver. Spend a very long time trying for figure how much additional driver was. Guessing its about $10/day x 12 days= $120 which would bring your rental up to about what you are paying.

Do you want a car the entire time you are there? just wondering because if not, you could drop off your Alamo/National car at Dolphin location or Car Care Center to save a few days rental?

Rates for my dates 12/12-12/23 have been holding steady for awhile now. I have been checking a couple times a day. Just checked again and Alamo with the sunpromo has dropped $50 to $445 for a minivan.

So far that doesn't look like a bad price. I checked with Alamo & Dollar. (both can bypass counter).
I put in Alamo codes that gave free driver= full size $490.55.

Dollar fullsize $344.76 but did not include additional driver. Spend a very long time trying for figure how much additional driver was. Guessing its about $10/day x 12 days= $120 which would bring your rental up to about what you are paying.

Do you want a car the entire time you are there? just wondering because if not, you could drop off your Alamo/National car at Dolphin location or Car Care Center to save a few days rental?

Thanks for looking....that was just about what I had found. Unfortunately, DH wants the car for the whole thing. Given my druthers, I'd turn it back in to the Dolphin the evening of the 26 or morning of the 27th, as we are staying at the BWV and have EP and DHS planned the last two days and then catch ME back to MCO. I know I am basically paying for 3 days of rental to be able to drive ourselves to the airport....

Thanks so much "Justplaingoofy"! I have a good rate and did sign up for express. I never heard back so I called last night. The rep added my number to the reservation, but still told me I needed to stop at the counter.

So do I not need to stop or check in online and just walk to garage? That would be so great. Arriving the day after Thanksgiving and just have visions of really long lines.....

Rates for my dates 12/12-12/23 have been holding steady for awhile now. I have been checking a couple times a day. Just checked again and Alamo with the sunpromo has dropped $50 to $445 for a minivan.

I do see $367 inc taxes with Alamo using Costco code 7014627 and Coupon AD2845VAN for $25 off (must log in as insider to use coupon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter