December 2013 car rental

Thanks so much "Justplaingoofy"! I have a good rate and did sign up for express. I never heard back so I called last night. The rep added my number to the reservation, but still told me I needed to stop at the counter.

So do I not need to stop or check in online and just walk to garage? That would be so great. Arriving the day after Thanksgiving and just have visions of really long lines.....

I was told by Dollar that I could go right out to the garage. When in doubt there are tv screens or kiosks in the garage so you could try that??? Hopefully someone else will chime in with more info.

Another case where every agent has a different answer, I tried to look up the local number and of course there is not one. Both times I called I am pretty sure I talked to someone outside of the US. We will see I guess!

I do see $367 inc taxes with Alamo using Costco code 7014627 and Coupon AD2845VAN for $25 off (must log in as insider to use coupon).

Thanks for checking for me! We don't have Costco anywhere near us so we aren't members. I have been seeing all the great rates everyone gets with them and wish we had one here.

Alamo just dropped again. I'm now at $144. for a standard vehicle using the sunpromo code 12/6 - 12/14 [8 day rental]. Personally, I think that is a fabulous rate. :joker:

It sure is!! Mine just dropped a few minutes ago too. I am at $178 for 9 days for a standard with sunpromo (12/13 - 12/22). I love doing the car rental limbo! How low will it go?:cool1:

I'd love to shave a few more dollars off this trip!:thumbsup2

Alamo just dropped again. I'm now at $144. for a standard vehicle using the sunpromo code 12/6 - 12/14 [8 day rental]. Personally, I think that is a fabulous rate. :joker:

What time of day are you entering? I'm trying to recreate the $144 rate.

I can't speak for rduvall, but I know mine dropped a little a few hours ago and is back up already. So if you can't find it, it might be that it only dropped for a an hour or two.

I can't speak for rduvall, but I know mine dropped a little a few hours ago and is back up already. So if you can't find it, it might be that it only dropped for a an hour or two.

Sorry Belle599, as pigletto said, it went back up within a few minutes of my post. BUT, we'll all keep an eye on it for each other. :goodvibes

I could have sworn that I read a post that someone said MCO does not have Standard vehicles but they can get a full size one instead for the price of the Standard car. Is that correct? The rates are about $10-15 dollars cheaper.

I could have sworn that I read a post that someone said MCO does not have Standard vehicles but they can get a full size one instead for the price of the Standard car. Is that correct? The rates are about $10-15 dollars cheaper.

You are correct. Alamo and National do not have a standard vehicle aisle, so you pick from the full size vehicle aisle. Doesn't mean there won't be some standards in that aisle, but you should definitely be able to score a full size car for the price of a standard. :thumbsup2

Thanks Riduvall. I thought I was losing my mind. I have a fullsize that is now at 201.50 but the Standard is $10 cheaper.

It sure is!! Mine just dropped a few minutes ago too. I am at $178 for 9 days for a standard with sunpromo (12/13 - 12/22). I love doing the car rental limbo! How low will it go?:cool1:

I'd love to shave a few more dollars off this trip!:thumbsup2

I'm seeing $217 for a 1 week rental on a midsize which is about what I am getting at budget. Can't find anything cheaper at the moment and I'm not a Costco member b/c we don't have any near where I live.

I could use my mom's Costco # - will they want to see a Costco card at the rental desk?

I'm seeing $217 for a 1 week rental on a midsize which is about what I am getting at budget. Can't find anything cheaper at the moment and I'm not a Costco member b/c we don't have any near where I live.

I could use my mom's Costco # - will they want to see a Costco card at the rental desk?

You might want to check sunpromo code... for me, it was coming up less than Costco & you don't need a membership

Don't forget to check the last minute specials. They will come out on the Tuesday of the week you leave. I've scored a few good deals that way with Dollar and Alamo.

It wouldn't work on the Costco site, unless you entered your mom's name as the primary driver When you enter the information on the Costco site, if you put your name in, then enter your mom's Costco number it will tell you it doesn't match. My mom lives with me and has her own Costco card (as a member of my household). I paid for the cards and just got the extra one with her name and picture on it. I assumed our numbers would be interchangeable since we were in the same household and I had paid for the membership, but found out this past Sept they weren't. When I went in to book my rental car, I had left my purse (with my Costco card) out in my car, so was going to use hers. As soon as I entered it and clicked continue, they told me the card number was not mine and was not valid and the site wouldn't let me book a car, until I entered my card number (that had to match the renter's name).

Just booked a better rate on Dollar.com using the BJ's code.
Pickup: 12/26/2013 10am
Drop off: 01/04/2013 10am
New Rate with Tax: $323.00
Class: Compact
Much better than my Alamo reservation at $450 for mid-size. Still the most I have ever paid for a rental in MCO, but I am happy.

It wouldn't work on the Costco site, unless you entered your mom's name as the primary driver When you enter the information on the Costco site, if you put your name in, then enter your mom's Costco number it will tell you it doesn't match. My mom lives with me and has her own Costco card (as a member of my household). I paid for the cards and just got the extra one with her name and picture on it. I assumed our numbers would be interchangeable since we were in the same household and I had paid for the membership, but found out this past Sept they weren't. When I went in to book my rental car, I had left my purse (with my Costco card) out in my car, so was going to use hers. As soon as I entered it and clicked continue, they told me the card number was not mine and was not valid and the site wouldn't let me book a car, until I entered my card number (that had to match the renter's name).

Thanks for the info!

If anyone is still looking try Budget.com
Use BCD code D623300 (Up to 30% off weekly rental in Florida)
And Coupon MUWZ059 ($30 off participating locations). Both coupons are from the Budget website.

It's actually $10 cheaper than my Alamo reservation (coming in around $178 for 9 days for a fullsize). For now that's not enough to get me to switch because I'd rather walk out and choose my own car with Alamo. We have rented with Budget before though and found the experience pretty good.:)

Just booked a full size at Budget using this and my Rapidrez acct - 7 day rental for $144 inclusive, down from $280. :yay: Thank you pigletto!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter