DECEMBER 2023 WISH dancing through the holidays

Welcome @DisFam95!!

Today I'm thankful to be getting back into my routine after Christmas! Yesterday we had a dusting of snow which was so pretty to watch fall! I think it was our first wintery day of the season. They seem so magical at first, but get old fast lol!

Tonight DH and I are going to go see Aquaman - there are quite a few we are wanting to see (including Ferrair @Summer2018) but Aquaman won out because of the time it is showing. Hoping to see a couple more this weekend as we try to take advantage of our AMC Premier pass we have.

I'm thankful for things settling down after the holidays and having my college boy back home - he just finished the CP program at Disney for a semester so that was fun (mostly lol)!! I finally got an assignment in my new job so that good to have a little work and get back to a routine!

I have had enough of indulging all of the Christmas treats, especially after poor DD was up half the night getting sick. As of right now, I’m the only one awake, so it’s hard to tell if it was food poisoning or a stomach bug. I really hope it was something she ate…because if she has a virus, so will I.

Anyway, the number on the scale this morning was scary but expected. It’s time to get back to my normal eating habits and even consider making the fruit/vegetable smoothies again.

I have one last Christmasy thing to do, and that’s to watch “Love, Actually.” It’s been a challenge because nobody else in the house likes the movie. I am going to give it a whirl now before they all wake up.

I have had enough of indulging all of the Christmas treats, especially after poor DD was up half the night getting sick. As of right now, I’m the only one awake, so it’s hard to tell if it was food poisoning or a stomach bug. I really hope it was something she ate…because if she has a virus, so will I.

Anyway, the number on the scale this morning was scary but expected. It’s time to get back to my normal eating habits and even consider making the fruit/vegetable smoothies again.

I have one last Christmasy thing to do, and that’s to watch “Love, Actually.” It’s been a challenge because nobody else in the house likes the movie. I am going to give it a whirl now before they all wake up.
Well, I got to watch the entire movie, and 5 minutes later, they started coming downstairs. Perfect.

Started the long holiday weekend with a late sleep in, which my body definitely needed. The after affects of the shot have finally cleared.

There are blue skies out there this morning so I'm headed out for a good long walk, then most of the day will be taking down Christmas and getting re-organized, so that I'm ready to ring in 2024 with a clean slate.

Forgot to pop on the thread yesterday, but thankful for getting some things cleaned up around the house, and for DH and DS both being off work. - We all went out to dinner and had a nice time.

The rest of the week we are just resting and hoping the illness stops at Nick and that his fever brakes soon.
🤞

I've just skimmed a little but is this the right place for support. Just looking for a place to keep my focus on my goals.
Welcome to the group!!

I’m thankful that my biggest problem today is that the fire alarm went off in the theater and we had to evacuate in the middle of the movie, “Ferrari” in the rain.
Sorry you missed part of the movie. We've had that happen, but they were more organized about issuing replacement tickets.

I got:
1703900990063.png
on the Saturday quiz. - Good resolution for me, as I have fallen off my treadmill routines in favor of social plans and getting holiday stuff done.

Surprisingly, and quite wonderfully, I slept really well last night. I got up a couple times, like I always do to use the bathroom, but not as often as usual. For the past few weeks, I’ve been bothered by what I am sure is a pinched nerve and a very old shoulder injury gifted to me by a resident with schizophrenia who lived in the group home I managed in my 20’s. I carry two very heavy bags to school every day and sometimes even more than that, and it has aggravated the injury…which is probably arthritis now. Being off school has given me the necessary rest to feel better and have it not disturb my sleep. That’s a blessing.

I guess I’m going to have to invest in one of those teacher carts that a few of my colleagues use.

Wow I slept until 8am today. I’m alway wake naturally at 6am even if I was up late! So annoying.

And I did my 1 hour walk - haven’t done that in about a month. Felt so good. Now to avoid eating all my Christmas buckeyes (peanut butter and chocolate candy I make every year). I made them late and did not pass them out like usual so they’re all in my house. I need to box them up and gift them to a few families around w kids before everyone gets on their health kicks lol!

Doing some meal planning and organizing this weekend. Nice to be done w the rush!

Have a great weekend!

1703961060524.png
Yep, in the plan for 2024.

I saw this meme earlier in the week and it really got me thinking about what would be a fun resolution for 2024? I haven't come up with it yet, but I've still got today and tomorrow to think on it...what would be a funny/silly resolution for 2024 that you could commit to?

1703961260139.png

It's another slow start to the day, but as of 10:30am I have already cleaned out the 'fridge and the pantry. As per usual I kept thinking it was going to be the biggest awfulest chore and it only took about half an hour. I have several bags of clothing to drop off at GW, because I've been going thru closets and dressers as well. This afternoon the tree will come down and the living room will get reset. Other than that, I'll be heading out for a nice cold winter's walk.

I was at the spa getting my gel nails transformed from red with a sparkly snowflake on my ring fingers to hot pink sparkle with extra glittery chunks on my ring fingers. Looks so cool. Anyway, they got a last minute pedi cancellation, so I took it. I couldn't stand to look at my sparkly red toes anymore. I'm always so wound up, that it takes me time to actually relax enough to enjoy the appointment. How different today was since I was already relaxed after being off for a week. I really enjoyed every second and almost fell asleep!!! Aahhh... IMG_2754.jpeg

Last edited:
@DisFam95 Check these out...life changing. I usually use chunky PB and a handful of crushed up rice krispies to get the texture I am used to https://happyhealthymama.com/skinny-buckeyes.html#tasty-recipes-15692

All the kids slept until after 7 today which meant I slept until after 7 and it was lovely...that won't be the case Tuesday when school starts back up but if we can keep that as a weekend routine oh boy! Was a busier day than expected today and not great eating wise after what should have been an easy day at work yesterday but turned into an insanely long day...but I did got some errands accomplished that I needed to.

We went to the zoo tonight to see their light display, second zoo trip this week. Since it was above freezing both times it was a lovely walk of about 50 minutes each time. It did start to sprinkle while we were there and DD, thinking it was a flurry, was walking around with her mouth open trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue. Wish I had gotten a picture so funny.

Tomorrow we have tickets to a drive through light show....pleasant surprise when we bought them and discovered post-Christmas is discounted! Then we'll grab takeout for dinner and flip between the Anderson and Andy and resorttv1 new years shows.

I like the idea of a fun resolution. I haven't made one in ages....

IMG_2751.jpeg
I’m not a fan of making New Year’s resolutions. None of them have worked in the past. I tend to be a perfectionist, and I have basically set myself up for failure year after year.

So, I’m only making this one resolution: “I will love the work in progress that is me.” This way I will feel less pressure and just continue to gradually do better every day. When I make a mistake, I will forgive myself and start over again with a fresh guilt-free clean slate.

I have been so very immersed in the holidays that I completely forgot to schedule the month of January.

Oops!

IMG_2757.jpeg
Given that many of you may not even read this post today, I think it’s best if I start the new month/year for us and host the upcoming week. After that you can all choose your week moving forward.

January 1-7: Summer
January 8-14: ShannyMcB
January 15-21: PollyannaMom
January 22-28: Oneanne
January 29-February 4:

Last edited:
I have been so very immersed in the holidays that I completely forgot to schedule the month of January.

Oops!

View attachment 821606
Given that many of you may not even read this post today, I think it’s best if I start the new month/year for us and host the upcoming week. After that you can all choose your week moving forward.

January 1-7: Summer
January 8-14: ShannyMcB
January 15-21: PollyannaMom
January 22-28:
January 29-February 4:
I can take the week of the 22nd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter