Decided to take the plunge. Offer accepted. How I made my decision

veginaz

Mouseketeer
After many days of non stop research and math, going back and forth between resale vs direct, SSR vs AKV vs all the others we settled on CCV. Decided to start smallish at 100 points.

Originally wanted the cheapest PP. Then started weighing the cost PP direct and the ability to book new resorts, which is important to us since we mainly have always visited DL. (stayed recently at VDH and did not care for it). While the incentives made the direct enticing we decided it was just too much money to put up front especially since we have Disney Visa for some discounts. We know VGC will be nearly impossible to get but we will hope for the best.

Started watching tons of you tube videos, reading this forum... we were still at the let's do the cheapest PP except OKW. We were mainly looking at SSR and AKV. I actually put in an offer on SSR and AKV. Both were declined because I did go in very low basing it off the lowest PP Ive seen tracked here and the ROFR website.

After the declines I decided we needed to make a spreadsheet to see if these higher point resorts were worth it. (I had read a comment here about how buying a low initial PP at some resorts will end up costing the same) at first I couldn't wrap my head around that concept but once the spread sheet was made it made sense. The annual dues at AKV made the overall cost higher than other options. After watching you tube even though Ive never stayed there, I got my heart set on BWV or BCV but my husband was a hard no on 2042 resorts.

In the end we chose CCV, it gave us a lower cost per year and a good total cost til contract end date. While it's not my 1st choice of favorites the longer contract date and decent annual dues made it the right choice for us (hopefully). I did break one cardinal rule though.... UY. We for sure visit in April but we got a December UY. Now here's to hoping it passes ROFR because I am gambling hard that we can book something in August. I used us saving our hotel $ for August to put towards this contract as a major selling point to my husband... well and myself too.

After many days of non stop research and math, going back and forth between resale vs direct, SSR vs AKV vs all the others we settled on CCV. Decided to start smallish at 100 points.

Originally wanted the cheapest PP. Then started weighing the cost PP direct and the ability to book new resorts, which is important to us since we mainly have always visited DL. (stayed recently at VDH and did not care for it). While the incentives made the direct enticing we decided it was just too much money to put up front especially since we have Disney Visa for some discounts. We know VGC will be nearly impossible to get but we will hope for the best.

Started watching tons of you tube videos, reading this forum... we were still at the let's do the cheapest PP except OKW. We were mainly looking at SSR and AKV. I actually put in an offer on SSR and AKV. Both were declined because I did go in very low basing it off the lowest PP Ive seen tracked here and the ROFR website.

After the declines I decided we needed to make a spreadsheet to see if these higher point resorts were worth it. (I had read a comment here about how buying a low initial PP at some resorts will end up costing the same) at first I couldn't wrap my head around that concept but once the spread sheet was made it made sense. The annual dues at AKV made the overall cost higher than other options. After watching you tube even though Ive never stayed there, I got my heart set on BWV or BCV but my husband was a hard no on 2042 resorts.

In the end we chose CCV, it gave us a lower cost per year and a good total cost til contract end date. While it's not my 1st choice of favorites the longer contract date and decent annual dues made it the right choice for us (hopefully). I did break one cardinal rule though.... UY. We for sure visit in April but we got a December UY. Now here's to hoping it passes ROFR because I am gambling hard that we can book something in August. I used us saving our hotel $ for August to put towards this contract as a major selling point to my husband... well and myself too.
December use year works just fine for visits in April.

In hindsight, maybe I should’ve gone with CCV over AKV. Although I have benefited from booking value and club level and am excited to book 1BR values with my points, holidays at CCV and low dues is awfully tempting.

Congrats - CCV (and Dec UY) was my 1st resale purchase as well. Nice choice :)

Congrats! Always intersting to hear peoples' thought process. Sounds like you made a great choice for your family! WL is an amazing resort, and CCV is the last of the "legacy" point charts. We dont own there, but it's only my list for a future MK resort.
Thanks so much!

...I got my heart set on BWV or BCV but my husband was a hard no on 2042 resorts.

In the end we chose CCV, it gave us a lower cost per year and a good total cost til contract end date. While it's not my 1st choice of favorites the longer contract date and decent annual dues made it the right choice for us (hopefully).

Congratulations! You actually did make a rational and well-reasoned choice. CCV is serene and beautiful (especially at Christmas).

We are big BWV fans, and our heart (and points) are there! Epcot is our favorite park, and the walk to Epcot cannot be beat.

We are fully aware of the 2042 issue, but it doesn't deter us. And we will continue to buy more BWV contracts over the next few years as the BWV prices continue to drop. We love those BWV grand villas! :-)

With that said, you'll love CCV.

“we mainly have always visited DL”

Congratulations on your purchase, but I really don’t understand purchasing a WDW resort if you mainly visit DL… Do you plan to start going to WDW more often now?

we have a pending deal for ccv. my spreadsheet analysis had it as the cheapest points, and our lowball offer got accepted. so we'll see what happens. We're planning on using the pts at boardwalk , but will be happy at ccv if we can't make 7 months work.

“we mainly have always visited DL”

Congratulations on your purchase, but I really don’t understand purchasing a WDW resort if you mainly visit DL… Do you plan to start going to WDW more often now?
We have a trip planned to WDW for August. Buying assuming we will go more often. Easier to justify plane ticket costs when you aren't out of pocket for hotel at the same time. We used to live closer to DL than we do now so there's also that. But also hoping there's some sliver of a chance booking at VGC at 7 months or on a waitlist. Direct would have been a sealed deal for staying at VDH but honestly the money for that wouldn't have been worth it since Id much rather stay at DLH or VGC than VDH.

Congratulations! You actually did make a rational and well-reasoned choice. CCV is serene and beautiful (especially at Christmas).

We are big BWV fans, and our heart (and points) are there! Epcot is our favorite park, and the walk to Epcot cannot be beat.

We are fully aware of the 2042 issue, but it doesn't deter us. And we will continue to buy more BWV contracts over the next few years as the BWV prices continue to drop. We love those BWV grand villas! :-)

With that said, you'll love CCV.
Thanks! Hoping we can get a BW at 7 months or do split stays.

I think CCV is a solid choice, especially considering factors such as point charts and dues. The only 2 reasons I put in an offer on Bay Lake Tower instead were location, and the realization that the building material of CCV is actually older than BLT based on the age of Wilderness Lodge, so could require higher maintenance fees sooner. But right now the dues are very reasonable!

Congratulations on your first resale purchase!!!! CCV is a great resort I just bought resale points there too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Thanks! Hoping we can get a BW at 7 months or do split stays.
Tip: if hoping for a split stay, book your home resort as a split in the beginning, because you can’t modify just part of a reservation to a different resort. For example, if you want 4 nights at CCV and hope for 3 nights at BWV, book a 4 night reservation and a 3 night reservation at CCV. They will have separate booking windows.

At 7 months, if BWV is available, you simply modify that reservation online. If BWV isn’t available, you can waitlist and check the box to replace the relevant CCV reservation. If BWV never becomes available, just chat/email/call MS to merge the two CCV reservations (assuming exactly the same villa size and booking category) into one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter