• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Decorating Hotel Windows

NoelGypsy

There is Magic .. all around you
I usually stay at the All Star Resorts when I go to Disney. I love having window "decorating wars" with others in the hotel. Last year we had so much stuff in our window you could not even see the curtain. I am so upset because the pictures did not turn out :confused3 Last year we had 2 big towels, one of Jessica and one of Mickey and all of the stuff we bought in the window. We had glasses and pins, and banners, it got out of hand... LOL :rotfl: Someone next to us had lights, I never thought of doing that but there is always next year ;)
Does anyone have any pictures of their "decorated windows" at Disney??
And also I was wondering if the other hotels offer the big "showcase" style windows to decorate?
:wizard:

we are going to be at pop century sept 30-oct 9 and i have my mickey halloween lights to take..we are going to stick them in the window..i might take a few light up pumpkins too.....we love to look at the windows and see all the stuff people stick in them..

aack WINDOW DECORATIONS!! Not on my list... quick find the list!!

:teeth: :goodvibes :wizard: :cheer2:

During Star Wars weekends we put some of our stuff in the window. I probably shouldn't have put my new Indiana Jones license plate in there BUT, Harrison Ford WAS in a Star Wars movie :goodvibes
STARWARSWINDOW.jpg
STARWARS2005036.jpg

OMG- how funny are you people :rotfl: What a great idea :idea: !!! When we are down there in December, you look for the window @ the PC with the decorations , ::yes:: Yup.....that will be my window!!! :teeth:

My DD and I stayed at CBR in August for a 3v3 Soccer tournament and we decorated our window. I printed out pictures of each of the players, mounted them on scrapbook paper and taped them to the window. We also made signs saying "Good Luck" "Go Warriors FC" and carton pictures of girls playing soccer with their names. On the door, I made a magnetic sign with a group picture of the girls when they won the tournament to qualify for Nationals.

Needless to say, we had alot of visitors at our window looking at the pictures. Just remember to keep your blind/sheers closed or you will have people looking into your window. It also makes it easy for you to find your room :rolleyes:

We are staying at POFQ for Xmas and I am taking static clings and signs/door magnets wishing everyone a happy holiday as well as lights for our window. Stop by and see us!!

Oh buy the way, I did clean the window before we left so we didn't make any extra work for the mousekeepers ::MickeyMo

Tammy

cyndibelle said:
we are going to be at pop century sept 30-oct 9 and i have my mickey halloween lights to take..we are going to stick them in the window..i might take a few light up pumpkins too.....we love to look at the windows and see all the stuff people stick in them..

cyndibelle - I'll be looking for your lights. We'll be at Pop 09/30-10/09, too! My DD has a Pluto and Tigger that we may put in our window. Haven't really thought of anything else yet. Does anyone ever write on their window with those window markers?

For our christmas stay at the contemporary i bought gel gems they work really well,battery operated xmas lights for the balcony,and made a mickey head wreath for the door (hung it with a suction cup) also set up a pink princess xmas tree in front of the balcony!!!i didnt take pics but it looked really cool.

I will be going for the gauty looking window look.... :rotfl: in just four days! :cool1:

I think all of us DISERS should put a lime green mickey head in the window. Like the Home depot paint chip!!

lacy1101 said:
cyndibelle - I'll be looking for your lights. We'll be at Pop 09/30-10/09, too! My DD has a Pluto and Tigger that we may put in our window. Haven't really thought of anything else yet. Does anyone ever write on their window with those window markers?

cool cool.....if you see our room ..leave us a little note....we are so excited..are you doing mnsshp ???

yea i will put something lime green in my window...i have a cup i can take and stick some stuff in it...good idea...

Just called mom, she is "on it"!! :rotfl2: She gets to pick up Halloween stuff for TWO windows!! She's not decorated for Halloween in oh, almost 15 years!! "how big are the windows?" "Not THAT big mom!" :rotfl2:

POR Oct 4 - 11 hopefully connecting rooms

We decorated our window at POP back in December of 2003. We had window clings of skating penguins. It was cute, but unfortunately, the photos didn't turn out well. But, we have plans to decorate the window at CSR this year and there will be a little lime green there too. Maggie

cyndibelle said:
cool cool.....if you see our room ..leave us a little note....we are so excited..are you doing mnsshp ???

I will! We are not doing MNSSHP. We've never done one and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll regret that decision. The idea just didn't seem to excite our family that much and, of course, you have the additional expense for the 4 of us to go. I've gone over budget already on this trip!! (I'm surprising my DH and DS with a round of golf at The Magnolia!) :ssst:

Now, if they don't expect golf every trip after this, we may have to do the party next time. :scratchin

And, yes, I'm veeeerrrrrrrry excited!!

tinksgirl said:
For our christmas stay at the contemporary i bought gel gems they work really well,battery operated xmas lights for the balcony,and made a mickey head wreath for the door (hung it with a suction cup) also set up a pink princess xmas tree in front of the balcony!!!i didnt take pics but it looked really cool.
What are gel gems????? Love all these ideals. We're going late Dec and will be there till Christmas Day. We're staying at POFQ, so don't think we can decorate the balcony. Would like to have a small table tree and lights for the window. How did your suction cup work on the door? Are the doors metal, and are they at all of the resorts do you know??? Would also love to put a little wreath on the door. My DH is going to die when he hears of all of this. Since we will be there for Christmas, I am not doing much decorating at home. So this will take the place. HEE! HEE! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks! :flower:

Yikes!
I never decorate our windows :blush: --although, we've certainly enjoyed looking at the decorations :sunny:
Well, today is the 1st day of the rest of my life & you can bet I'll be planning our
windows! thanks for all the ideas!
;)

Jean

Wow - we normally get some Disney themed window clings. I found some Pooh characters (fall leaves style) at the food store. I normally place a few in the windows and on the mirrors.

LIME GREEN Mickey Head - what a great idea.
How about buying Lime Green poster board paper.
Cut out a Mickey head. Punch one hole to neat the top
of Mickey's head - or one at the top of each ear.
Make sure the Mickey head will fit in your suitcase. Pack it on the bottom.
Buy at the $1 store, plastic suction cup hooks to use on the window.
Hang the lime green poster board in the window - or sliding glass doors.

You can always hang the Lime Green Mickey head to the side, by the curtain so it does not obstruct your view.

You'll be able to see your room better, than the Mickey head paint chips.
The paint chips would be hard to see if you have a 5th or 8th floor room at a deluxe resort.

I have tied a red/white/blue bandana to the balcony railing
so we could point out our room from the ground.

If everyone does the Lime Green Mickey head - it would look great from the ground of the Y/BC, GF, WL, Contemp... but you best place something else
on the balcony - or you will not know which Lime Green Mickey head is your room !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter