Delayed 2021 Reopening

Correct me if wrong parks were closed from 29Oct to June 17? I am about to call costumer service. About our multi day passes

The German number just says not avail right now , chat is not working. Ugh. And on the website I see no information concerning current tickets an extension. The ticket information seems to be replaced with their opening news.
I wrote them a message with our ticket numbers over Facebook messenger. That’s how they contacted me quickest in March. Let’s see what they say. I basically wrote saying that I find it unacceptable that we are basically given a three month period now to use these tickets and then I request a refund or that it gets extended. All I ask is that I have a 12 month window to use this which I need to look at the terms and conditions should state that

I changed my standing reservation for the end of July from Newport Bay Club to the Art of Marvel hotel (which we had actually booked for the 2020 Run Weekend!). Looking forward to it, although at the moment France is still an "orange" zone country for us.

It seems that DLP are not very organised when it comes to people with prior tickets. I'm amazed at how disorganised and stressful the DLP team are. The annual pass system is a joke at the moment with no availability until September I'd expect a partial refund for guests unable to visit or a goodwill gesture.

I realize that for many this would be the case. However, I'm WDW AP and actually loving this 'limited Disney.' This last year has been wonderful at WDW.

I guess if you are a ride junkie and do not care about entertainment, this could be a good time to visit a park for the first time.
I definitely do not want to burst your bubble and really hope you will have a great first visit . I just want you to be aware that the feeling might be different than at WDW because you know you will be back there.

It seems that DLP are not very organised when it comes to people with prior tickets. I'm amazed at how disorganised and stressful the DLP team are. The annual pass system is a joke at the moment with no availability until September I'd expect a partial refund for guests unable to visit or a goodwill gesture.

I wasn't surprised. Organization has never been DLP's strength. That we only now have the option for online check in at the hotels and make restaurant reservations via the app is also a sign that DLP isn't ready for handling large amounts of data. Renewing your AP via snail mail is such a disaster, I stopped with that. The last few years I deliberately planned a trip before my AP expires to renew it at the park.
When I started at Air France KLM 10 years ago, we still had a fax. Just becomes the French still used it.

They did feel the backlash, this morning I received an e-mail, and it's also on the AP social channels about letting them know their feedback. Also they announced AP only days on 15 & 16 June.

I realize that for many this would be the case. However, I'm WDW AP and actually loving this 'limited Disney.' This last year has been wonderful at WDW.

I think if you are a ride junkie and do not care about entertainment, this could be a good time to visit a park for the first time.
I definitely do not want to burst your bubble and really hope you will have a great first visit . I just want you to be aware that the feeling might be different than at WDW because you know you will be back there.
Be prepared that most of the sit down restaurants in the park will be closed. It wasn't specified, but because The Studios will close at 6pm in June, they might not open Remy's.
The sit down restaurants are extremely overpriced, so my usual advice is to skip them anyway ;-)

I wasn't surprised. Organization has never been DLP's strength. That we only now have the option for online check in at the hotels and make restaurant reservations via the app is also a sign that DLP isn't ready for handling large amounts of data. Renewing your AP via snail mail is such a disaster, I stopped with that. The last few years I deliberately planned a trip before my AP expires to renew it at the park. Each year the bib only sales for the run weekend was such a mess, we switched to onsite package deals after the 2nd year.
When I started at Air France KLM 10 years ago, we still had a fax. Just becomes the French still used it. France is a bit peculiar when it comes to technology.

DLP did feel the backlash, this morning I received an e-mail, and it's also on the AP social channels about letting AP Holders know their feedback. Also they announced AP only days on 15 & 16 June.
That they are open about backlash is a start. After the disaster of the AP Character Soiree in September 2019 they released a promo video with a handful people praising the park for such a great event. They did this on social media with the comments disabled. Meanwhile on the other posts on the social media channels they were flooded with negative reviews.
That they at least say they want to listen, is a step forward, I guess.

Does anyone know what time they release the slots each day? Missed the bookings for Sept 18 and 19 again yesterday and today 😩

I'm
I think if you are a ride junkie and do not care about entertainment, this could be a good time to visit a park for the first time.
Be prepared that most of the sit down restaurants in the park will be closed. It wasn't specified, but because The Studios will close at 6pm in June, they might not open Remy's.
The sit down restaurants are extremely overpriced, so my usual advice is to skip them anyway ;-)

I wasn't surprised. Organization has never been DLP's strength. That we only now have the option for online check in at the hotels and make restaurant reservations via the app is also a sign that DLP isn't ready for handling large amounts of data. Renewing your AP via snail mail is such a disaster, I stopped with that. The last few years I deliberately planned a trip before my AP expires to renew it at the park. Each year the bib only sales for the run weekend was such a mess, we switched to onsite package deals after the 2nd year.
When I started at Air France KLM 10 years ago, we still had a fax. Just becomes the French still used it. France is a bit peculiar when it comes to technology.

DLP did feel the backlash, this morning I received an e-mail, and it's also on the AP social channels about letting AP Holders know their feedback. Also they announced AP only days on 15 & 16 June.
That they are open about backlash is a start. After the disaster of the AP Character Soiree in September 2019 they released a promo video with a handful people praising the park for such a great event. They did this on social media with the comments disabled. Meanwhile on the other posts on the social media channels they were flooded with negative reviews.
That they at least say they want to listen, is a step forward, I guess.
I'm so glad I did not renew my AP in February 2020 after my visit then. I could see the headwinds coming and I'm not really a fan of DLP in the summer. I am sure the Brits who have APs are gutted at the moment!

Is it a French thing they are so backwards? Being less modern to give more jobs out for admin? I can't stand food service either at DLP it's so slow and inefficient.

I am no expert on French culture, but my guess would be that France for a long time has a culture of us versus them, and holding on really tight to their traditions, pride, and do not like change. "We have always done it like this, so why change?"

France has been a very important part in history. France has been the center of the world, and maybe they think this still is the case?

You see it in Eurovision, the only other language during this event is French, while most likely there are just as many Italians and Spaniards who do not speak English well enough.
They insist on being accomodated, like my example I gave about using a fax machine.

You see this in their government. I have a book with stories of people moving abroad, and the one thing people who moved to France mentioned was bureaucracy and the lack of being able to arrange things online. You see it in the vaccinations, besides developing their own vaccins, there were long lists of requirements who could administer vaccines and all the paperwork and tests they had to do per person.

It could be that the how the workforce and the unions are organized, it probably does contribute to it, but I think it is more an attitude about life in general.

Another thought, on the quick service restaurants not being very quick. There is also a more laissez-faire attitude. When you go out for dinner in France, you take your time. Maybe that is part of why the kitchen staff also takes their time?
I must say there are some places that are quicker and I never figured out why. Toad Hall is incredibly slow. Hakuna Matata is better. Both have food that needs to be fried. I dont understand the difference as it is a consistence wait each time.

These are my assumptions. If anyone who is French, lived in France, related to French and can enlighten us, please do :)

I am no expert on French culture, but my guess would be that France for a long time has a culture of us versus them, and holding on really tight to their traditions, pride, and do not like change. "We have always done it like this, so why change?"

France has been a very important part in history. France has been the center of the world, and maybe they think this still is the case?

You see it in Eurovision, the only other language during this event is French, while most likely there are just as many Italians and Spaniards who do not speak English well enough.
They insist on being accomodated, like my example I gave about using a fax machine.

You see this in their government. I have a book with stories of people moving abroad, and the one thing people who moved to France mentioned was bureaucracy and the lack of being able to arrange things online. You see it in the vaccinations, besides developing their own vaccins, there were long lists of requirements who could administer vaccines and all the paperwork and tests they had to do per person.

It could be that the how the workforce and the unions are organized, it probably does contribute to it, but I think it is more an attitude about life in general.

Another thought, on the quick service restaurants not being very quick. There is also a more laissez-faire attitude. When you go out for dinner in France, you take your time. Maybe that is part of why the kitchen staff also takes their time?
I must say there are some places that are quicker and I never figured out why. Toad Hall is incredibly slow. Hakuna Matata is better. Both have food that needs to be fried. I dont understand the difference as it is a consistence wait each time.

These are my assumptions. If anyone who is French, lived in France, related to French and can enlighten us, please do :)

Your right in many ways... The metro system is such a good example... Paper tickets, no system that allows you to buy tickets 7 consecutive days in a row (it's always Sunday to Sunday).

The French language is still being watered down I think which is a shame. Its funny the EUs main language is still English, yet Ireland are the only country that has it as their main language.

Well less said about Eurovision the better. I think it's far from a music competition but in a way I'm glad italy won although my first choice was Bolivia and Iceland. (Frequently do film work in Iceland and I so want them to host it.)

I am hoping in a few years we are going to see Disney grab the park by its horns and really transform the work ethic.

On another note I'd like to see a magic band style of system made so future rides can base their language on the most common aboard the vehicle. So often I've been in Star tours and it's in French when it's only English speaking people. It would allow the park to have mutiple languages for each ride so parties from Spain, Germany etc can enjoy the soundtracks they love and know.

It's now just after 8:00 Amsterdam time and I can see still tickets available for the 20th.
Thank you. Can’t travel during weekdays though 😕 and for the past 3 days I’m having all sorts of problems with my account. Keeps telling me my password is incorrect. And resetting doesn’t help. Ugh! Don’t know who to call for website issues

Thanks for the heads up!
Yes, we're ride junkies, and we've never set foot in a sit-down restaurant at any Disney park. We've never stayed in a Disney hotel either, this will be our first time for that!
Besides the rides, we love just walking around and taking in the atmosphere, plus eating junk/snacks (instead of actual meals). Yes, the atmosphere will be different, both due to Covid and due to it being in Europe, but I don't think all Disney magic will be gone.
It helps that we'll be in Europe for the summer anyway; we're not flying across the pond just for Disney.

On another note I'd like to see a magic band style of system made so future rides can base their language on the most common aboard the vehicle. So often I've been in Star tours and it's in French when it's only English speaking people. It would allow the park to have mutiple languages for each ride so parties from Spain, Germany etc can enjoy the soundtracks they love and know.
You make an interesting suggestion about Magic Bands. I hadn't considered those due to the high amount of single day visitors and AP holders and the low amount of FP rides, but the language issue is something it could help with. When they do too little in French, the French audience complains (THe hub show for Frozen 2 in Jan 2020 got backlash from the French), if they do too much in French, the rest of the visitor complains.

I dont think they will be able to do that in the next 5-10 years, because it is DLP, not because technology is an issue.

Great news! After no word for many days Disney got back to me via FB. Our multi day passes are extended until March 31 2022!!!!!! Yes! Fall for us

Oh no! If France is about to be green listed from the UK ....bang goes the money I was going to spend on getting the house painted .......coz I have 2 'empty' weeks booked off the end of August and the kids know it could now house a few days at DLP!!!! Even tho' I have promised myself never to book high season as it is outrageously expensive for a single income family, given the last 18 months it's VERY tempting!

But we are booked for Feb 22, so I should just hold my horses I guess :blush:

Oh no! If France is about to be green listed from the UK ....bang goes the money I was going to spend on getting the house painted .......coz I have 2 'empty' weeks booked off the end of August and the kids know it could now house a few days at DLP!!!! Even tho' I have promised myself never to book high season as it is outrageously expensive for a single income family, given the last 18 months it's VERY tempting!

But we are booked for Feb 22, so I should just hold my horses I guess :blush:

Me, my sister and our 6 kids between us often visit at the end of August. We book it last minute and get really good deals. However we do drive there which is a big saving.

I could not get reservation and am really upset about it. I refreshed the page the whole day, to see if they had opened up bookings. But sometimes people gotta eat, and you know, have a life, and when I looked about an hour later, nothing available for June, July, August. Everyting booked up until Sep 1st.
I get why people are angry about the limited availability. People pay a lot of money for an annual pass that they can't use for several months when you can't get a reservation.
They should have limited the amount of days one can book as I've read people making lots of bookings to decide which ones to keep.
Even at WDW with 4 parks you can only reserve 3 days unless you stay onsite.
DLP has started the rule that AP holders cannot have more than 3 days at a time. Those who have more than 3 days reserved have till 3rd of June to make a decision which days to keep. Otherwise DLP will cancel everything after the 3rd reservation you made. I heard that there is availability in July and August again.

Last edited:
DLP has start the rule that AP holders cannot have more than 3 days at a time. Those who have more than 3 days reserved have till 3rd of June to make a decision which days to keep. Otherwise DLP will cancel everything after the 3rd reservation you made. I heard that there is availability in July and August again.
Yes! Thank you. I finally managed to get a saturday in september this morning, which I just cancelled. I got the dates I wanted in august.
this system makes it more fair for everyone as long as they need to operate with reduced capacity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter