Denise's New Focus on Fitness-Friends and Support Welcome!

Thanks Amy and Tracy! Yes, come join me on my trip to the beach, if only in spirit. It would be so nice if we all could meet one day!

I'm having one of those sleepless night so I decided to get up and do something and try to make myself sleepy. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow so I can sleep in. But wait, it already is tomorrow. LOL!

I've recently been taking some time every morning to do some inspirational reading, journaling, reflection and anything else that soothes my soul. Right now I am reading "The Power of Positive Thinking".

I had an ahh-ha moment a couple of days ago. I found out that a former co-worker has recently received a cancer diagnosis. The only symptom she had was weight loss when she wasn't even trying and which she ignored. She finally went to the dr. cause she thought she was having an episode with a kidney stone (which she was) and that was causing her pain. They did some imaging and found 2 masses which she has to have further testing on. I pray that she has the strength to get thru everything that she'll be dealing with in the very near future.

After thinking about the weight loss she experienced and which many other people who have cancer also experience, I got to thinking that I want to hang on to my weight because if I do, I really don't have that symptom of cancer. In my twisted mind, I think I've been sub-consciously feeding myself as part of my coping with the disease. Now that is a really crazy way to rationalize why I eat like I do when I know darn right well that obesity is one of the main factors that causes my type of cancer. Am I nuts or what? I really have to work on this and the way I rationalize my thoughts when it comes to eating.

So, I've rambled enough for now. I think its time to go back to bed.

My future SIL and I were just talking about "The Power of Positive Thinking"! :thumbsup2 I've read the book before and it was such a blessing. I need to find my copy and read it again real soon. (Maybe on vacation!:goodvibes )

I am so proud of you, Denise!!:hug: Not only are you doing things that are soothing to your soul, but you are gaining insight into your life as well. You are doing a wonderful job, my friend!:hug:

I hope you have a wonderful time at the shore this weekend!:beach:

P.S. How many more days til Disney?:woohoo::thumbsup2

16 days till our vacation!!!!!

Tracy-It feels really good to have my meditation time in the morning. It sets my day off on the right track. I'm looking forward to having that time while we are at the shore also. I love the beach in the early morning and again in the evening. The sun is less intense, the crowds smaller, and I feel a little bit more solitude. I know I'm going to enjoy my time that I spend on the beach as inspirational.

Got my hair colored and trimmed today. Its still curly but beginning to take the shape of an actual hairstyle. One more step in getting back to normal!

I'll catch up more over the weekend.

Have a fabulous Friday!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach. I totally understand the weight loss/cancer thing. Dsis & I were discussing & she kept telling me not to lose weight because if I ever get cancer I will need it.....makes no sense really, but my Dad used to say the same thing. weird.

I'll be praying for your former co-worker. tough!

Was your hair curly before chemo? My DSis came in darker & super curly!

Have a great weekend!

Hi Denise, okay this is weird, two people in the last two days have told me about the Power of Positive Thinking. Wait, make that three now that you have joined in. I think I need to go to Barnes and Noble!

I am proud of you for really getting in touch with your feelings about weight and why you do what you do. That is always the hard part, figuring out why we overeat. I think you may very well be onto something. Good for you getting up early to meditate and just be there for YOU! Doing so at the beach will be even better.

I always say if I lived on the beach I'd be very together since the sound of the waves and the smell of the ocean really make me think and reflect. Too bad I live 1000 miles away from a beach!

Denise, have a great vacation! You deserve it!:goodvibes

Glad Earl is gone and won't bother you!

"See" you when you get back!

I've been back in the real world for over 2 weeks now so I figure its time to sit down and journal again.

Our trip to Florida and our cruise was wonderful!!!! We had a lovely one night stay at the Dolphin, enjoyed their pools and tropical drinks in the afternoon and then went to Epcot around 4. It was surprisingly uncrowded for Labor Day Weekend. We managed to see a bunch of attractions but kept it low key and didn't rush around at all. A nice guy gave us 2 fast-passes at Soarin'. He saw us walking away when we saw the wait time and asked us if we would like the passes. How great is that?

The cruise on Freedom of the Seas was the best! We got to the port early and on the ship before 11:30. It really is an amazing ship! The crew is great with so much to see and do and our cabin was awesome! Size does matter! We got off at 2 ports and stayed on for the other 2. My mobility is very limited now so we made sure we did all the things the ship had to offer. We just love cruising!

So, about my health...things look good. I had 2 MRI's done in the past 2 weeks as a follow up to my treatment and everything is clear-no evidence of cancer. Thank God for huge blessings!!!! My knee surgery is scheduled for Oct. 20 and as long as my primary clears me for surgery, I'm good to go!Weird to say, but I'm truly looking forward to the surgery and the freedom it will give me when it comes to my getting around and enjoying life fully again.I'm going to re-activate my CarePages before the surgery so I'll email you all again when I do it. That way you can see my updates. Julie, I don't think I have your email so if you could PM me with that I'd appreciate it. You and Amy and Tracy have been such great support through all of my ups and downs. I can't thank you enough!

Oh yeah-the weight issue...I only gained 3 pounds while away and managed to lose it quickly however I'm still stuck in the 90's. My new goal is to get in the 80's before the surgery. I must do it!!!!

I'll be catching up with your journals in the next few days. I've been reading but not writing. I've been a bad Disser.:sad1:

Denise, first and foremost, Praise God on your MRI results! I have been thinking so much about you lately and am so happy to know things came out so well. What a relief for you and your family! :grouphug:

Second of all, welcome home!! We missed you (and there are no bad dissers, only busy dissers ;)) and I am so happy to hear you had fun on your trip. Cruising is so nice, I can't wait until Dan and I can go just us. Right now with four of us, between cost and cabin size its sort of tough. But someday it will be just me and Dan and then cruising here we come! I bet that ship was amazing, good for you for enjoying what it had to offer. Next time we do go, we won't disembark at all ports because I imagine the ship is very incrowded on port days.

Great job on losing that tiny bit of weight you gained!:thumbsup2

Very nice of that man to give you those Soarin passes. The waits for that ride or so insane.

I bet you are ready for your surgery, better mobility is something you deserve and need. I know you'll be in the 80's by then!

Be sure and let me know when your care page is updated, I want to come over there and bug you like I do over here!

Praise the Lord on your MRIs!!!!! That is a HUGE blessing! I am so happy for you, Denise!:hug:

I'm glad you had a nice vacation. :cloud9:

We'll be praying for your surgery. :grouphug: If you need my e-mail again for the Care Pages update, please let me know.

Hope you have a nice evening!:hug:

Hi friends!

Thought it was about time I posted again. I've been reading your journals but just haven't had the energy to post. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing pretty well but have to get out of my mental rut.

The surgery went well and thankfully my pain was controlled and my time in the hospital wasn't too awful. I spent Wed. thru Fri. there and then was released to home care. If I have my other knee done a couple of years down the road, I will choose to go straight to rehab instead of coming home. I had nursing care and phys. therapy come to the house for a week and a half, then was released to go to outpatient PT 3 times per week. I also have a full home program to do every day. Its much harder than I though it would be-very intense. I had no strength and flexibility in my left leg but I can see some improvement as the therapy moves along. I do feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish my sessions.

I have exciting news-our new grandson, Benjamin Steven was born on Oct. 27-a couple of days early but he was nice enough to wait till I was out of the hospital before making his appearance! He's doing very well, gaining weight quickly and a blessing to us all. Scott's first birthday was Friday. My how fast time flies!

Now that I'm feeling a little more normal, I think I'll dig out the WW material and try to get on track with that. Wish me luck!!!!!

Now that I've reappeared, I'll slowly be catching up with your journals too!

Have a great day!

Denise, congratulations on little Benjamin's arrival! What a blessing and what a beautiful name. I am sure he and Scott will have so much fun growing up together.:goodvibes

I have been thinking about you and wondering if you had your knee surgery, I am glad you had that done but it sounds like a tough recovery. Just hang in there, I am so proud of you and impressed with how well you have handled and tackled your health concerns and surgeries.

Enjoy those grandsons and good luck with the Weight Watchers, maybe I'll follow your example!

Congratulations on your new grandson!!! I love his name!!! I hope you'll post a picture or two of him soon.:goodvibes

I'm glad that the surgery went well for you. :hug: Sending lots of prayers as you recover....

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!:goodvibes

Hi Denise, hope you are having a great week!:goodvibes

How are you feeling with your knee? Thinking about you friend.:hug:

Thanks for checking in on me friends!

I've had a very frustrating week and have been dealing with way too many painful spasms in my leg so I called the doctor yesterday. I told his PA about this on my last visit so she suggested several things to do, none of which worked. They called in a muscle relaxer for me which I took last night and it didn't work either, in fact I think the spasms were worse. I have an appt. on Fri. so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

The whole healing process has got me down. I look around the house and see all the things that I'd like to be doing and just can't. I had good intentions of working on photo albums and and getting files etc. in order and I just don't have the drive to do it. Its very hard for me to sit in any position for more than 20 min. I have done a lot of reading (which I love) probably 12 books or so. Our library is having its semi-annual book sale starting today, so Gary's going to take me there tonight so I can load up. (LOL)

We were thinking about taking a cruise out of Baltimore when my disability ends and before I return to work. I wouldn't feel right asking for time off when I return to work so I figure I can spend the end of my recovery relaxing by the pool. The rates are excellent so I'm hoping this might work out, however with the way I feel now, I'm not sure if it will happen.

Thanks for listening to my griping! I need to do something to get my mind off of the pain.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Denise, gripe away, with what you are going through you are entitled and then some! I am so sorry you are having these leg spasms and such a hard time. I can only imagine how hard it is, this time of year in particular to not be able to do the things you want and need to do. Just know I am thinking about you.:hug:

I really hope this cruise works out! You and Gary so deserve and need this and the timing would be perfect. Keep us posted!

Hang in there my friend, you have so many people that care about you but sometimes life is just too darn hard!:grouphug:

Sending a gentle :hug: your way. I hope you are feeling better soon!:wizard:

I hope everything works out so that you and Gary can take that cruise!:wizard:

Sending lots of prayers your way!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter