Deposit Required At HRH?

MoonDog

Earning My Ears
We have reservations at HRH in March which I reserved over the phone with the Loews 800 number using my credit card. However, they did not charge me any type of deposit. Of course, if we don't show up, I assume they will charge my credit card at least one night's lodging as most hotels do. However, I've read on these forums about people who said they were actually charged a deposit when they made their reservations for HRH. Does HRH typically require deposits when reservations are made? If so, why wouldn't they in my case? Is there an advantage to putting down a deposit versus just guaranteeing the reservation on your credit card?

When we went last August, I used my credit card and they charged me one night. Did you get a confirmation in the mail for your ressie. If so, see if it indicates that they charged you. If not, I would call and make sure they have the ressie.

Every reservation that I have made in the past (a lot) they have charged me 5 days out. Meaning that they charge you the last day you can cancel your reservation.

I made a reservation in January for an August '02 RPH visit for the RPH and nothing has shown up on my billing statement. Yea, I would feel better if I has a deposit or at least a written confirmation. All I have is a confirmation number. I would hate to drive 800 miles only to find they "lost" my reservation.

Lou

I made my reservation back in November for March, I'm only staying 3 nights but they charged me for one full nights stay on my cc card and I did get a written confirmation letter. I'd definitely call them and verify your reservation.

I have two seperate reservations for Easter week (one for us reserved last April and one for friends reserved in Dec)both on my credit card. The deposit for my friends was charged within a few weeks. The deposit for my room has not been charged yet. I called just to make sure it was not a mistake. The reservation agent just told me they were just coded differently. I asked her to change mine so I would be charged, just to be sure. That was a week or two ago and I have not been charged yet.

I wonder if it depends who you call to book the reservation? I always call Loews, but this last time for my Thanksgiving reservations I called Universal, so it will be interesting to see when I get charged this time.

This is another area where Universal Florida is not consistant. I remember last year there were posts about people getting charged the deposit and others not.

Last year, I booked in February for November stay and was never charged a deposit and I got my confirmation letter (more than once due to adding nights).

This year, I booked again a couple of weeks ago and I still have not been charged the deposit even though over the phone she said I would be. I received my confirmation letter on Saturday.

We'll see.

I booked my last stay through Loews, they took my credit card # but never charged a deposit. I booked April through Loews and they havent charged a deposit yet. I booked October through Universal, I havent been charged yet, but they told me they would charge one night.

Patty

BTW, I also recieved confirmation letters & to this date, both my August resv. & Nov. resv. have not been charged to my account.

I booked HRH in November for March through the LOEWS #.
I got a written confirmation (I asked for it), but they did not charge my card.

I called a few times, because I was worried about that. They said they often do not charge until 30 days before the reservation. LOEWS said to call HRH directly and speak to Accounting if I wanted more info. I did that a couple of weeks ago. Accounting at HRH confirmed that they had in fact just charged my card a few days before and everything was fine with the reservation.

Don't have my credit card bill yet -- but I assume the one night is on it now.

So ... they do charge, but not til closer to the date.

If you don't have a written confirmation, however, I would definitely call and ask that they send you one.

- Margot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter