***Design Tips***

Excited2Go2Disney said:
I know a guy who owns a printing company and prints t-shirts regularly. He said he will press my transfers on the shirts for $1.50 each. I think it is a great deal and will save me some time. I was just wondering if the type of shirt press he has is okay to use on the transfers that you print on. I didn't know if the transfers he usually uses are a different type or not. I don't want it to be so hot that it scorches the transfers. All of the directions seem to be for home iron use. Do you think this will be okay? Did that make any sense? :confused3

Ask if you can try one before you commit!

I see an awful lot of beautiful designs on this discussion board. I am about to embark on my first trip to Disney with my kids and dad. I would love it if someone would share existing T-shirt designs (if thats legal). Any ways your help will be appreciated. I lack the artistic ability to make something lovely from the clip art. Thanks for your help!

Go to the sticky at the start of this forum - "Dis design gallery" and you'll find links to the talented designers' galleries. Many of them are happy to personalise their designs (unless they are at WDW at the moment!!)

Excited2Go2Disney said:
I know a guy who owns a printing company and prints t-shirts regularly. He said he will press my transfers on the shirts for $1.50 each. I think it is a great deal and will save me some time. I was just wondering if the type of shirt press he has is okay to use on the transfers that you print on. I didn't know if the transfers he usually uses are a different type or not. I don't want it to be so hot that it scorches the transfers. All of the directions seem to be for home iron use. Do you think this will be okay? Did that make any sense?
Excited2Go2Disney,

Did you ever try this (using the commercial heat press)? If so, how did it work out?

-- Rob

is there any place to see and copy special "dis" clipart?

Could anyone add the tips for the swirl head Mickey shirts here? I can't find it with the search function and thought it might be good to have it in this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Not sure if this is the place to post or not....

I tried a light t-shirt transfer tonight for the first time. I have a few questions

1. Should I trim closely around the picture before ironing? It looks like I ironed a square onto the front of the shirt.

2. If the transfer turns brown/yellow does this mean I ironed it for too long?

3. Do you print the transfer with the "best" print quality?

Thank goodness it was an old shirt that I practiced on.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Yes, Yes and yes! It was really smart to use a practice t-shirt! Good for you!

Hi,

Can anyone please help me do this in Ulead my scrapbook 2? I just purchased this one. I too had photoimpact but i loaned it to a 'friend' to put on his computer and he recons he has lost it. All i needed is the damn serial but no, he says it is gone.....:(

Disneymoss and Disnylvr77 -- I suggest if you are looking for designs that you actually go onto the main Board (Creative DISigns) http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

and look at the threads there. You will be able to ask your questions by starting your own thread and also look around at the wonderful DISigns that have already been created! This is a "sticky" and most of the designers won't come here to look or post.

Would t-shirt colors like the lime green and bright orange be considered too 'dark' to use with the light transfer paper or would it work out okay? Thanks!

wow! I am so impressed with everyone's creativity and most of all helpfulness!!! Thank you for sharing the information! You've inspired me! :banana:

Ya'll have wanting to do my shirts now for everyone. My oldest was wanting shirts for the trip now I do too...lol Thanks for all the help and info. Off to read more. Thanks:ccat:

Is there a place to find where/how to make some of these fabulous siggy lines I'm seeing?

I love the animated way you use your names! Plus I would like to create, or find a September Wish Challenge clippy!

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter