***Design Tips***

I read the tip below under the tips for ironing the transfer and thought I should say that peeling off the paper while it is still hot is NOT true for all transfer papers. Some specifically say to wait until the paper is completely cooled before removing it. It's always best to read directions on the paper you are using to find out what is recommended. I'd hate for someone to ruin their design by thinking all papers direct you to remove it when hot. Some do, but many don't! :flower:

• Use Lots of Heat... Use your iron's hottest setting but no steam. It takes a lot of heat to transfer the image evenly and completely to the fabric. Peel off the paper while it is still hot.

How can I prevent it from cracking after peeling it or after washing it? What did I do wrong? I used the hottest setting, I put it on a hard surface, I prewashed my tshirts. Any other suggestions?

Saving too! Thanks for all the hard work and great info! :cheer2:

Does anyone know how to flip the image before printing? I made a design in Powerpoint but now I can't figure out how to flip it to iron it on correctly. Thanks
Had to use paint and change the saved file type.

karebear1 said:
If you order through COMPUSA, they have all the rebates etc. to make it 29.99. And yes, it is Ulead that makes it. You want the PhotoImpact Pro10 Version.
I see it on COMPUSA for $99.99 with a $30 rebate....is there any other rebates/codes that I am missing?

There must have been another discount at the time when I wrote that (8/28) I don't see anything other then the 30.00 rebate offered now. Sorry!

karebear1 said:
There must have been another discount at the time when I wrote that (8/28) I don't see anything other then the 30.00 rebate offered now. Sorry!
If you see it again for such a low post...please start a new thread.
Thanks!!!! :flower:

All the tips together! Great!

I've got my designs, washed and ironed the t-shirts....just need to get the courage to print the transfers :blush:

I've got a bit of space on one transfer and I thgouht I might print off a small design like Tink and put it onto an old t-shirt as a test. Do I need to wash an old t-shirt without fabric conditioner before I do this, or will it be OK (it is VERY old!) :teeth:

Of all the sites listed on the front, which one is suggested as the highest quality clipart? I'll be using photoshop to create my design, once I've saved the images. Or, are they all pretty much the same?

Mary

I went to the geocities site and found some art I loved, but when I open in photoshop and enlarge for a t-shirt, it's very very pixelated.

Mary

Thanks. You shirt designs are beautiful. I'm really looking for simple. For example, one of the bambi ones at Geocities is Bambi, Thumper and Flower, all watching a butterfly. I would like to be able to enlarge that so it looks right when printed for a shirt with something saying "Remember to stop and appreciate the wonders of nature." (We raise butterflies in our living room)

I thought about doing one with Tramp another two shirts, each with a male pup and another with Lady. We would all wear them on the same day.

Gotta run to the PO. Be back soon.

Mary

tzuhouse said:
Thanks. You shirt designs are beautiful. I'm really looking for simple. For example, one of the bambi ones at Geocities is Bambi, Thumper and Flower, all watching a butterfly. I would like to be able to enlarge that so it looks right when printed for a shirt with something saying "Remember to stop and appreciate the wonders of nature." (We raise butterflies in our living room)

I thought about doing one with Tramp another two shirts, each with a male pup and another with Lady. We would all wear them on the same day.

Gotta run to the PO. Be back soon.

Mary

I did this on and 8.5 x 11 canvas - so it is as big as you would need it to be for a shirt

bambi.jpg

That is awesome. How are you enlarging them without them being pixelated? The kbs are almost identical, but yet the ones I saved are horrible when enlarged. Yours looks great. I can design the stuff, I just don't know how you are saving it so it looks so good.

Mary

tzuhouse said:
That is awesome. How are you enlarging them without them being pixelated? The kbs are almost identical, but yet the ones I saved are horrible when enlarged. Yours looks great. I can design the stuff, I just don't know how you are saving it so it looks so good.

Mary

I am using a program called photoimpact - not sure if that is making the difference or not -

whatever program you are using be sure to have an 8.5 x 11 canvas!

Hmmm. Well, I tried opening one of the images in photoshop and enlarging the image to 8.5x11. Got really big and very pixelated. Tried opening new canvas and dragging image to it. That didn't work either. Anyone know photoshop? Do I need to open image and save as psd? I don't think that would do anything different, but...

Mary

Thanks for all of the ideas. I can't wait to get to work on my shirst for next year!

I know a guy who owns a printing company and prints t-shirts regularly. He said he will press my transfers on the shirts for $1.50 each. I think it is a great deal and will save me some time. I was just wondering if the type of shirt press he has is okay to use on the transfers that you print on. I didn't know if the transfers he usually uses are a different type or not. I don't want it to be so hot that it scorches the transfers. All of the directions seem to be for home iron use. Do you think this will be okay? Did that make any sense? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter