Desiree's Journal - (Posts welcome)

Hope you are feeling better and I hope things are working out with your Grandma! Happy Friday! :flower1:

Thanks everyone. I've been home sick the last 2 days but am feeling better now. So needless to say, I haven't been to the gym. I don't expect to go back today either, as I'm still not up to 100%.

Mammaw is still in the hospital. She's not eating, well if she does, it's barely. I was on the phone with my mom this morning and while she was talking to me mom noticed out the corner of her eye, that Mammaw spit her cereal back out of her mouth. She just chews and chews. We're not sure what's going on with that. We've missed the doctor for the last 3 days in a row. I haven't been up there since I've been sick but mom and Darlene have been alternating with mom being there mostly during the day and Darlene having to go to work. Mom needs to be working too but she does have more leave built up than Darlene. And just by the weird hours the doctors have been coming, they have been missing him. Mammaw has a physical therapist coming in once a day but she can barely do anything. If she wants her strength to come back she's got to have to eat something and try to get stronger if she wants to come home. Needless to say it's been a very trying week.

I'll try to check in when I can. I hope I haven't gained too much this week and that all my WISH buddies are doing well.

Desiree,
If anyone gets to see the MD you might want to ask about depression. My grandmother basically decided she wanted to die and tried to starve herself to death. They diagnosed it as depression which can be treated.

Good luck, I know how hard all this is. We went down it with my Father's mother and the big issue there was that he is an only child and neither my brother or I lived close. (We both live over 200 miles away!)

:grouphug: Desiree

I hope you are feeling better ASAP. I hope things improve for your family, too. The stress must be very hard on you all. I agree it sounds like depression. I hope things turn around soon.

Sundie

Hey Desiree,

Long time no post. Sorry to hear about your grandma, hope things take a turn for the better!

Well, as my one LSU friend on here, I had to get on here and gloat about the Cats putting the whoopin' on you Bengals! Our friends from Baton Rouge are coming up in a couple of weeks and I called her and told her that we would leave the football to you guys and we'll handle the hoops!

Talk to you later!

Dax

PS check out my new clippie!

Oh Desiree!

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well and I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Big :grouphug: are coming your way!

Morning Everyone!

Ok I'm now back on track I think. I am going to have to start my cheat free clippie over though. Since being sick I took the easy way out a couple of times and answered the Sonic craving. :earseek: But no more. I'm also going to sigh up with a weight loss program that starts today at the Y. I've got to go in today after work and get my body fat tested and weigh in and all. I guess I can use all the motivation I can get!

On the grandma front, things are still the same and she's still in the hospital. She's still not eating well. We're hoping the doctors tell us something soon about what to expect and if we can eventually get her to go home.

Dax: Congrats on that new clippie! And oh yea, well (I guess), congrats to your Wildcats who put a butt whoopin on our Tigers over the weekend. Ya'll can stop shooting those 3 pointers ANYTIME now! heh heh

Toystoryduo: Thanks. I am feeling much better now!

Sundie and Carol: Yea, I'm really beginning to think so too. I just don't think she realizes. She *thinks* she's eating just fine and has said so on a few occasions. She's said, "See look how good I ate today" when all she has mustered is a few nibbles of ice cream and 1/4 of a can of Boost. :(

Well I'm about to get started on my water and see what is going on here at work. Fun, fun. I hope to stop by a few journals today too. Y'all have a great day!

Desiree,
I wanted to tell you that on the local news here the Lady Dores were hanging their head in shame from the whooping the you Ladies put on them yesterday.

(Of course I still take Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols anyday. And you think your men's team is bad? Have you seen the UT mens team..... we have decided to go from football to Lady Vols Basketball and pretend we don't play men's basketball!)

Carol: That's a good strategy! I think I'll do the same. Football straight to Women's Bball, then on to Baseball and Softball. Our mens team is terrible this year! I think this may be John Brady's last year as head coach. Thank goodness for the Women's Team this year. Bring on Pat Summitt next month! That's going to be a great game!

Hey Desiree! :wave: Glad to see you are feeling better. Sorry about your Grandma. Mine turns 89 today and I know it is only a matter of time before we will be faced with the same situations that you are now. It is really too sad. :guilty: I will keep her and all your family in my prayers.

Okay, so last week was a tough one. No problem. You'll get back OP this week! And definitely make the time to exercise. It will help to relieve some of your stress! :flower:

Have a good day!

TTFN- Sharon

Thanks Sharon! :wave2:

I went and signed up for the Weight Loss challenge at the Y. I've got to try to get down to 33% BMI and down to 177 by May 21st. I'm currently 193.5 (I'm glad I didn't gain too much last week). I'm hoping I can do this. I'm pretty sure I can reach that goal even by April. We've got to go weigh in once a week and I guess I'll keep my weigh in day as Saturday.

So I'm back in the swing of things. Going to grab that first glass of water now.

Have a good day everyone!

Glad to see your back in the swing of things Desiree! WTG!

The Weight Loss Challenge sounds like just the thing to get you focused and keep you on track. :teeth:

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! What exercise plans do you have for today?

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

I'm hoping to get my 35 minutes in on the Elliptical and do my full strength workout today. (I do the strength on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays).

Oh we got bikes too so I'm looking forward to riding them. Maybe this weekend.

Desiree, so sorry about your Grandma and her troubles. :hug:

The weight loss challenge sounds like a great motivator! ::yes:: You've always done well with your exercise when you're focused, so I bet you'll see great results.

Keep on drinking! :fish: :fish: :fish:

Hey Des!

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better! :cool1:

I'm sorry about your grandma. Does your family have a meeting with the doctor scheduled? We'll keep her in our prayers. :grouphug:

I think this Weight Loss Challenge is a great idea! You CAN do it, girl!! :cheer2:

Have a great day today! :flower1:

Desiree said:
Oh we got bikes too so I'm looking forward to riding them. Maybe this weekend.

ooooh you are making me jealous!!!!! Have a blast :Pinkbounc

Sundie

Desiree,

congrats of joining the challenge at Weight Watchers! It can be done! If I can do it anyone can! Its a mind game...when you crave something, drink a glass of water, wait 10 minutes and your craving will probably subside! Also, look at it this way, you can't let an old Kentucky Hillbilly lose all the pounds! :jumping3:

Talk to you later!

Dax

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while guys. Well as of this morning I'm 189.3. I hope I never see the 190s ever again! Just got back from the gym and 35 on the Elliptical. Now I'm starting on my water and the rest of my day! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

One more pound and I get a clippie!

Wow, Desiree, into the 180's :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

That is great! You'll never move back to the 190s, I'm sure of it :)

sofa.gif
Sunny

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Desireeeeeeeeeeee!

Congrats! Keep up the good work. That clippie is right in you reach!

By the way, congrats also to your Tigers for taking out Miss. State today.

I only lack 3 more for my next clippie! Wanna race?!?lol :moped:

Later,

Dax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter