• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desiree's There and Back Again Journal - Comments welcome!

Desiree

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
** Post 46 has an updated entry and my I'm baaaaaack to WISH Journaling**

Ok so I find myself here yet again. And each time I come back, I swear the number that I want to get to keeps slipping further and further back. :guilty: Of course, I have no one to blame but myself (well myself and Cold Stone Creamery too).

Here's the brutal truth. I am almost 32 years old and I weigh 207 as of this morning. Not my all time highest weight but only 4 pounds from it. Which in itself still is pretty darn bad. My plan is to get to the gym at least 5 times per week, watch what I eat and cut back on fatty foods and to cut out the sodas all together. This has worked pretty well for me before. I may try to implement something not unlike Weight Watchers this go around also.

Oh and of course, to Journal again and join as many challenges (AND FINISH THEM!) to set me on the right path.

Now to the game plan for today. I am going to the Y after work for the first time in at least 4 months. I had 1/2 of a pop tart for breakfast :sad2: and will eat a Progresso Heathly Veggie soup for lunch. Tonight I'm hoping to make a tuna salad or casserole so I can have leftovers.

Here I go.....again!

:welcome: Back to WISH, Des!!!

I think your plan sounds like a good one. You CAN do it!!! :cheer2:

Have a great Monday! :sunny:

Thanks Tracy! I hope you are doing well!

Well I did fairly good until I got to the gym. All the Elliptical machines were taken so I had to go walk outside. I only managed one lap due to the intense heat (95º) and the fact that my lower back and my calves started hurting. Boy I tell you what, when you slack up it's so easy to fall out of shape. Uggh.

And to make matters worse, I didn't follow through with my supper plan. Instead I ate 4 small slices of pizza with ice cream for dessert. Now somewhere in my brain I managed to justify it by saying that I needed to get rid of it so it won't tempt me. :rolleyes1

Today is off to a better start though. I ate one packet of Oatmeal and am planning a Lean Cuisine for lunch. Will try to decide later as to what to eat for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll try the Tuna casserole that I didn't get to yesterday.

Nothing gets you back on the dieting caravan faster than cleaning out your closets and dressers! Man, I have so many items of clothes that I can't wear!! ARGH!

I did pretty good this weekend. Only managed to exercise once though, but it was a doozy. A little over one full hour of cardio and my legs were jello. I'm still feeling it a bit today, but it's not as bad. I'm planning to hit the gym tonight after work and do the full workout which consists of 35 min. of Cardio and my weight training.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hey Des,

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Keep up the good work and you will meet your goals! :cheer2:

Have a great Monday! :sunny:

Welcome, Des! Sounds like you're off to a good start! You'll get lots of support & good vibes here!

Have a great rest of the weekend and a good week next week!

Desiree said:
I did pretty good this weekend. Only managed to exercise once though, but it was a doozy. A little over one full hour of cardio and my legs were jello.

I feel you there, except I never made it to an hour. Something like 6 mins on the couch to 5k thing. Good job on doing a full hour! I wish I had your stamina.

Oh trust me.... I felt it a couple days after though! Phew! Well, my gym-goings haven't been the best this week. But I hope to remedy that starting today. I'm down a full 2 pounds in two weeks time. I guess I should be happy that it's a loss!

Well just wanted to check in briefly. I hope to write more once I finish getting dressed and head to work. I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Can I sneak back in and have no one notice me?

Well I bought an Elliptical machine yesterday hoping that will help me get and stay motivated. I think my biggest problem right now is time. I have somehow got to find a way to make the time and make it a priority. So back on the wagon again as of today.

My game plan for today:
B- 1 package of Oatmeal
L- Spaghetti
S- Wheat thins
D- Grilled Chicken or Pork with veggies

At least 80 oz of water and I would like to do at least 40 minutes on the Elliptical.

Oh yea... I got on the scale this morning and said Hello :wave: to my all time high weight again. Yep, the one that I vowed to never see again! 211. God I hate that number.

Ok, off to go see if I can join in some challenges now. Those always keep me motivated.

Sneak right on in, no one will notice! :rolleyes1

You made a major step by purchasing an Elliptical Machine. May I ask how much you paid for it? I am looking into getting one myself, but I am still on the fence with it - so let me know how it goes, could you?

Sounds like you have a great day planned as far as the menu is concerned. Remember making time is the hardest part about any fitness plan; however, the results will be worth it in the long run.

Have a great day. :wizard:

No, I don't mind at all! I bought a cheap one from Wal-mart. Before I plunk down alot of money, I wanted to make sure I would use this one. And then later on, I"ll make a decision to upgrade. The one I got was a Weslo 610 and I paid about $150.00 for it. It was kind of a pain to put together, but thankfully, that's what husbands are for! :lmao:

I tried it for a few minutes last night and it is relatively quiet. So far so good! I will give it a good workout when I get home though. I guess the real test will be then!

Thanks for the well wishes and the support!

Ok so the Elliptical at the house is alot harder to do than the Elliptical at the gym! I can usually do 30 minutes semi-easily at the Y. I barely made 10 minutes total yesterday! And that was breaking it down into 2 minutes at a time and having the feeling go out of my legs! I swear I think I put the resistance on the easiest level! Ack! Ok well, at least I know I need to seriously work on that although my legs feel a bit wobbley this morning.

Game plan today:
100 oz of water
I will try to figure a way to get at least 30 minutes total on the Elliptical (aka Devil machine)
B- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
L- Sausage link with a side of carrots and small serving of pasta
D- Not sure yet... It may be Chicken, Rice and Cheese casserole so we can eat the leftovers.

Hey Des!

That's great that you got an elliptical!! How is the exercise going?

Hope you have a great week! :sunny:

Hey Des,

I haven't been on here much lately, but I looked to see if you were still around and I am glad to see you are!

Later,

Dax

Happy Thanksgiving, Des! :goodvibes Hope you and your family are doing well! Please post an update when you can. :goodvibes

Hey Des,

Congrats to the Tigers on a great Bowl. I love to see anyone beat Notre Dame, especially and SEC team!

Later,

Dax

Sneaking back in again.

I'm depressed enough to say that after looking back at my first post on this, I have managed to gain 13 pounds since last June!

Ok so I'm back on board starting today. I've started entering my food and exercising in Sparkpeople again. I just did 10 minutes on the devil machine. I guess that's a pretty good start considering how much of a slug I've been lately. Now to get rid of all the junk in the house and sit down and plan a healthy grocery list for this weekend.

DH and I have talked about it and we're going to buy his and hers bikes this weekend. I figure that will be a good way for me to get into it and also to keep him motivated. He's not a walker nor is he a runner, so if this will keep him motivated and me motivated by having him do it with me, I'm game! This should be interesting at least as I'm very gravity challenged!! haha!

And maybe for good measure I'll post a before pic of me. I need to print it out and tape it to the fridge too.

fatme.jpg
And honestly that pic was 10 pounds ago too. Oy, here we go!

I took a sneak peak at the scale today and looks like I'm down 2 pounds! Gotta start somewhere I guess!! WOOOHOO!

We got our bikes Friday night and took them out for a spin Saturday. Oh man, I guess I forgot how hard that was!! And my poor bum! OWIE! It hurts to sit now! I've got to find a more comfy seat! I don't think I can stand riding it today so I'm about to head out for a walk while the rest of the house is sleeping. It looks like a beautiful and cool day outside!

Been lurking a bit lately. Hope everything is going good for you. We have planned a trip to WDW for Nov. 25 for a week! It has been what 3 years since we have been, but Olivia is now 3 and will be about 3 1/2 and Blake will be 7. He is playing baseball and is really doing good. He is about a head taller than the other kids and kinda looks like the kid who flunked a grade with his size, but man he can hit the baseball. Really pretty left handed swing. Maybe LSU will sign him 12 years from now....lol.

I am back on my diet. I have lost 7 lbs the first week back on and I am going to try to lose as much as possible before the trip. Want to look good in the pics!

Drop me a line on my journal sometime, I am going to resume it!

Dax

Hey Des,

So how are things in Baton Rouge? Your Tigers did not make the sub regionals in baseball did they? Even though I do not pull for them, Louisville (fellow Kentuckians) did pretty wrell reaching their first College World Series.

Since we spoke last, my Cats finally got rid of the non recruiter Tubby and have hired Billy Gillespie. We are really excited about him and he has brought in a better recruiting class in 2 months than Tubby did in the last 5 years.

I am going to hit it hard for the next 4 months prior to my WDW visit. Join your old Kentucky friend! You can do it. Lets compare weight loss percentage from now till Nov. 1!

Take the DAX challenge!

Dax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter