• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desiree's There and Back Again Journal - Comments welcome!

Welcome back Des! I know how life can get in the way of trying to do good things for yourself. But, you are getting back in the game, and that is the most important thing!!

Quick drive by post but I ran 10 minutes consecutively this morning! Most that I've done since Thanksgiving. I think I will keep at that and maybe add a minute or two back unless it feels uncomfortable. I'm going to try to do this 3-4 times per week and hopefully make it to the gym for weight training/elliptical in between.

Weighed in at 219 this morning. I've got to get back to tracking my food as well and my water.

10 minute run is awesome! Good job, keep it up! I've read through part of your journal and it's good! I like the title you have as well! :goodvibes

Stopping by to say hello, Des! :wave: How is everything going? I hope you and your family are doing well. :goodvibes

Ahem.

Wow. It's been a while! I thought I'd just pop in here and drop an update in case anyone else is still out there.

I recommitted myself to a healthier lifestyle on November 7th of 2012. (a good 8-9 months after my last posting here) I'm not sure what happened but this time was different than all the stops and starts I've had before. And just by judging how many times that happened on this thread alone...well, you get the picture.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures. This is my cover photo for my blog (the link is below if you are interested...) I started the blog the day I started my journey again.

And this is my official 50 pounds gone pic. :)

I still have quite a ways to go and I'm nursing an ankle injury right now. But I feel better than I have in a very, very long time. I'm running 5Ks regularly and doing other cardio/strength training on the other days.

The Achilles is finally back to 100%! I'm so happy. This thing took longer to heal than I was expecting but so glad that its mostly back to normal now.

I decided to give Jillian another shot for the month of September. So I'm doing the 30 Day Shred again. Hopefully I can make it a whole month with that this time around. Still working out at least 5x per week and hoping the scale keeps heading in the right direction!

Wow! I'm skimming the WISH board for motivation and your transformation in your pictures is amazing. Great job. :thumbsup2

:cheer2:Good to see the injury is healed up. Keep plugging away at it! Sending a truckload of encouragment your way!:dance3:

Wow! I'm skimming the WISH board for motivation and your transformation in your pictures is amazing. Great job. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! Still have quite a ways to go but I'm excited about my journey!

:cheer2:Good to see the injury is healed up. Keep plugging away at it! Sending a truckload of encouragment your way!:dance3:

Thanks Drag, yea, I was worried for a while. It still gets kinda sensitive late the evening but for the most part, I can still run and do whatever I need to on it. It's not nearly as bad as it was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter