• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desiree's There and Back Again Journal - Comments welcome!

Hi there Desiree! You have been so supportive on my journal, and your comments about us having similar thoughts intrigued me that I came on and read your journal today. Interesting that we are both on coumadin. those blood clots are nasty & evil. As the days were moving along through Oct. and Nov. I was really pulling for you and hoping that you would get into the "2 teens"! I am sooooo very happy for you! You have a very positive sound to the journal. Your excitment for the c25k is palpable, and truly inspiring! It sure sounds like you are doing an amazing job, and I couldn't be happier for you.:banana:

Aww Vija, thank you!

Yea, coumadin is a way of life now so whether I like it or not it's definitely something I have to factor into with my eating. As you know, those leafy greens have a big problem with messing with those INR levels so I just have to only eat one salad a week. And I basically just modified what I was eating before and made my portion sizes much smaller and then tweaked some recipes here and there to keep the calorie count down too.

And honestly, I think the biggest surprise I've found with the C25K program is that I'm not dreading getting up in the morning to do it. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would actually be eager to run!

This weekend was pretty good. We got our Disney trip booked!

I didn't exercise Saturday but I did my c25k yesterday. Today's plan is to get to the gym after work and do elliptical. And since Chris has to dad-sit tonight, I may try a Biggest Loser workout dvd. I haven't done those in ages and I'm thinking of doing those a couple days a week too.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Aww Vija, thank you!

Yea, coumadin is a way of life now so whether I like it or not it's definitely something I have to factor into with my eating. As you know, those leafy greens have a big problem with messing with those INR levels so I just have to only eat one salad a week. And I basically just modified what I was eating before and made my portion sizes much smaller and then tweaked some recipes here and there to keep the calorie count down too.

And honestly, I think the biggest surprise I've found with the C25K program is that I'm not dreading getting up in the morning to do it. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would actually be eager to run!

This weekend was pretty good. We got our Disney trip booked!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Awe, sounds like you're doing great Desiree!!! I always get that extra adrenalin rush when a Disney trip is booked:banana:!!! I agree with the looking forward to running thing, I was actually enjoying it (til the shins started hurting), and am actually disappointed that I am not able to do it right now. Never would have imagined it before. Keep up the good work!

Hope your shins are feeling better now Lurker!

Well yesterday turned out to be a big ole bust on the exercise front. I didn't even use my dumbbells last night.

This morning was week 6 day 2 of c25k. And I had a bit of problem today. This is the first day my calves really hurt. I ended up doing only 1/2 of the program today which consisted of a 5 min walk and a 10 min jog. So now I'm thinking one of 2 things. Either I can repeat the day on Thursday or I can just press on with the next days run on Thurs and possibly just repeat this whole week next week. And I don't think I had enough water yesterday. Does that make a difference in how your muscles feel?

Hope your shins are feeling better now Lurker!

Well yesterday turned out to be a big ole bust on the exercise front. I didn't even use my dumbbells last night.

This morning was week 6 day 2 of c25k. And I had a bit of problem today. This is the first day my calves really hurt. I ended up doing only 1/2 of the program today which consisted of a 5 min walk and a 10 min jog. So now I'm thinking one of 2 things. Either I can repeat the day on Thursday or I can just press on with the next days run on Thurs and possibly just repeat this whole week next week. And I don't think I had enough water yesterday. Does that make a difference in how your muscles feel?

Absolutely it can make a difference. Like my chiropractor told me years ago when I used to have back problems. You have to think of water for your body like oil is for a car. It can run when it's low on oil, but things grind and eventually something tears up and sometimes it's really bad. He advised me to drink 1/2 my body weight in oz. of water per day. In other words, if you weigh 200lbs, drink 100oz. per day. I don't know if that's a good barometer, but that's about how much I drink daily either way.

Good to know. And I usually do drink that much but for some reason yesterday I think I only had about 50 oz. So that may be my problem.

Good to know. And I usually do drink that much but for some reason yesterday I think I only had about 50 oz. So that may be my problem.

This might be TMI, but I guage my water intake by my urine color:rolleyes1. If its running clear, I'm doing pretty good, once it's yellow, I know I need more.

Sounds like we're all hitting a bit of a speed bump this week. With enough support and determination, we can pull through it!!!

Hey that's a good way to tell! Nothing wrong with that!

Yea this whole week has not been good on the exercise front. I did do weights yesterday afternoon and my C25K this morning (25 minute run!). But tonight I have to go out to my moms and finalize the thanksgiving menu and grocery list. Since I can't go work out tonight, I'm hoping that I can actually do a workout dvd in the morning (and it's gonna be 35º in the morning so I'll stay inside instead of walk tomorrow).

Oh I forgot to mention that we're having Thanksgiving for lunch today at work so I'm glad I got that 25 min run in this morning! ;)

Well I feel I didn't do too bad yesterday eating wise. I had a little of everything and did not go back for seconds. The scale gods were smiling and as of today I'm at 216! (One pound away from my Thanksgiving goal of 215, for those of you keeping score - hehe).

Exersise may not be in the cards tonight. I've got to go directly after work and finish up our Thanksgiving grocery shopping. Not much left to get but just a few odds and ends though. I will go to the gym tomorrow morning and then around lunch tomorrow we are having a local DIS meet at the Mall! Looking forward to meeting other Louisiana DISers!

Other than that, I'm hoping to get some more Christmas shopping done too. I'm really determined to hopefully get it all done this week thru Black Friday. I really need to sit down, organize and make my plan of attack.

Good morning everyone!

Life has been crazy around here. So needless to say, exercise has been put on the back burner for a bit. I'm hoping that maybe I can squeeze in some gym time today but for sure I will run in the morning before turkey.

But there is some good news. I hit 215.8 this morning. Just barely made it! WHOOHOOO!!!

Hope you all are doing well and you will have a happy Thanksgiving!

Good morning everyone!

Life has been crazy around here. So needless to say, exercise has been put on the back burner for a bit. I'm hoping that maybe I can squeeze in some gym time today but for sure I will run in the morning before turkey.

But there is some good news. I hit 215.8 this morning. Just barely made it! WHOOHOOO!!!

Hope you all are doing well and you will have a happy Thanksgiving!

That's great news Desiree!!!!:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Off to a pretty good start this morning! Got my 25 min run in and got our Dining reservations done! Yes our 180 days opened up today and we got Le Cellier! :D :D :D

Now off to start a whole lot of cooking. We have alot to be thankful for this year. Personally, I'm one pound away from 25 pounds lost since I started this on August 22nd! I'm also very grateful for my family and friends both near and far. Even my DIS friends! Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with love (and turkey).

Oh my word I have been slacking on the exercise front this week. I have not done ANYTHING since Thursday. The beginning of the week I think I was just lazy but this last half, I managed to hurt my upper back. It's been aching for a few days now but it has been tolerable. But today Im in some pretty serious pain. Owie! I tried to get hubby to pop it for me and that helped but only momuntarily. I have to get back to exercising though. I may just go do weights tonight at the gym instead of a full fledged ellipitcal or a run. And then just play it by ear for tomorrow.

On a positive note, I'm still hanging steady at 215 even with no exercise. Eating has still been on target at least. But I do need to get my rear in gear again so to speak.

TGIF and hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oh my word I have been slacking on the exercise front this week. I have not done ANYTHING since Thursday. The beginning of the week I think I was just lazy but this last half, I managed to hurt my upper back. It's been aching for a few days now but it has been tolerable. But today Im in some pretty serious pain. Owie! I tried to get hubby to pop it for me and that helped but only momuntarily. I have to get back to exercising though. I may just go do weights tonight at the gym instead of a full fledged ellipitcal or a run. And then just play it by ear for tomorrow.

On a positive note, I'm still hanging steady at 215 even with no exercise. Eating has still been on target at least. But I do need to get my rear in gear again so to speak.

TGIF and hope everyone has a great weekend!

That's great that you maintained your weight even with no exercise!:banana:! Sorry to hear you hurt yourself:hug:, just take it easy so you don't make it worse.

Just thought I'd check in on you to see how you are doing. I hope your back isn't giving you trouble and that you made it through the holidays with little or no weight gain:)

Slinking back in here and hoping that no one is looking. :( Well, I have good news and I have bad news... Good news is that as of today I'm only 3 pounds away from my lowest since I started this journey. I'm at 217 this morning and at my lowest point I was 214. The bad news.. I have to start completely over with the running. I'm so disgusted with myself! The last time I ran was Thanksgiving morning! Ugh! I have no excuse other than laziness I guess. But I've got to get back in the swing of things again. I started W1D1 2 days ago and I'll do w1d2 today. The good news is that I think my daughter and hubby are interested in doing it with me this time.

Soooo I'm back. And I'm determined to be hovering around the 190 point by the time I go to Disney in May. So 27 pounds by May 22nd. I hope that's do-able!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter