• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desiree's There and Back Again Journal - Comments welcome!

Ok I've come to my senses and I think 1500 is a more reasonable number. :rolleyes1

Ok I've come to my senses and I think 1500 is a more reasonable number. :rolleyes1

I agree, 1200 seems very low. You need to be somewhat satisfied, not starving all the time or else it's too easy to just give up, especially if you're planning this for longterm. If you can do 1500, and also get in some exercise to work off some of it, you'll be in great shape (literally)!!

Keep in mind that you need to consume a certain number of calories to keep your body from going into starvation conservation mode! DW was getting so frustrated because she was working out like a fiend and not losing any weight. I knew I never saw her eating very much so I honestly couldn't figure it out. I'm a very supportive husband since we're accountability partners for working out and eating right. I couldn't understand it.

When I asked her to explain to me what she was eating on a given day, we discovered she was only eating about 1000 calories per day. For her size and the amount of exercise she was doing, she was consuming alot less calories than the charts would suggest. Once she started consuming a few more calories each day, the weight started coming off.

It's weird. I eat more now than I did before, but I eat better things for me and get alot of exercise. I've maintained my college weight now for 6 months.

Lurker - :goodvibes Yep!

Well I finished up week 4 this morning. I am so incredibly nervous about next week though! Sunday should be ok since I'm already running 5 minutes but instead of doing that twice, I do it 3 times. Tuesdays run will consist of 2 - 8 minute runs and Thursday or Friday's will be a full 20 minute run. :scared1:

Food has been good too this week with the exception of Wednesday (or was it Tuesday?) I can't remember, lol. And the scale has FINALLY gone below 220 today. Only just, but it's 219.6. Slow but steady progress at least! Official weigh in is Sunday so hopefully that will stick. I'm really gonna concentrate and work on at least 5 pounds down by Thanksgiving. I think that's do-able.

DH has to work late tonight so I'm hoping to get some extra minutes in at the gym. I'd like to do weights and a full elliptical session if I can. I may try to get my mom to drive seperately so that if she wants to leave earlier she can. (We usually ride together).

And tomorrow will be a busy day. I hope to be at the gym when they open at 8am and on the elliptical again. Then I need to get DD up and we need to go buy her some new bras, then hit the grocery store, start the mountain of laundry, and then get ready to go to my parents to watch the big LSU/Alabama football game. Oh and somewhere in the middle of all that we are planning on going to watch Tower Heist (I sure hope it's funny.. Eddie Murphey and Ben Stiller need to redeem themselves).

Sunday other than doing C25K will be my chill out day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Way to go so far!!

What I found really helped for me was to focus on food for a few weeks. Yeah, I did some exercise, but I really focused on my food. I was weighing and measuring EVERYTHING that went into my mouth. Portion size was always a major issue for me, and I was never able to eyeball things. So, if a serving size of something was a cup, I got out my measuring cup, filled it (and not heaping, boo!), and then put it on my plate. I invested $10 in a digital food scale was well. One of my best investments on my journey. I have been doing WW since May 10 now, and I don't measure and weigh near as much as I used to, because now I CAN eyeball things, and I know what "one cup" or "4 ounces" looks like.

Yea, you guys may be onto something there too.

Drag and Baby - I do have a digital scale and I usually do measure out my cereals and such. For my regular portions I've been trying to literally cut things in half. Like for example, we had talapia last night and corn. Normally (pre-diet) I'd eat 2 talapia filets and a heaping handful of corn. I just ate one filet and a smaller amount of corn. Maybe I need to bump that back up again?

I guess the main problem too is I don't know if I can force myself to eat the extra calories. I'm averaging around 1200 and I don't feel stuffed beyond that. The logical side of me is having a hard time fathoming that I need to try to eat more to lose. :confused:

Yea, you guys may be onto something there too.

Drag and Baby - I do have a digital scale and I usually do measure out my cereals and such. For my regular portions I've been trying to literally cut things in half. Like for example, we had talapia last night and corn. Normally (pre-diet) I'd eat 2 talapia filets and a heaping handful of corn. I just ate one filet and a smaller amount of corn. Maybe I need to bump that back up again?

I guess the main problem too is I don't know if I can force myself to eat the extra calories. I'm averaging around 1200 and I don't feel stuffed beyond that. The logical side of me is having a hard time fathoming that I need to try to eat more to lose. :confused:

You may not, but there are alot of good caloric intake calculators out there. I'd suggest trying one of those UNLESS you're on a weight watchers type diet.

As I've said in my own personal journal, it's more about your activities than what you eat. Nutrition is very important. Don't get me wrong, but the exercise and activities will be the biggest bump you can possibly get in weight loss/maintenance.

Yea, I do use one on my phone already. I'll see about bumping up the food just a bit to see if I can jump start the weight loss again.

Well I just finished w5d1 today and I've heard that this is the hardest week. Day 1 went just fine. It consisted of a 5 minute walk warmup - 5 minute jog - 3 minute walk - 5 min jog - 3 min walk -5 min jog and then 5 min walk cool down. Tuesday morning instead of 5 min I should be jogging 8 min.

I don't have much on the agenda today except clean the house. May get hubby to take care of the groceries that way I can clean and do laundry.

Eating and exercise both have been OP all last week and I finally see 219 solidly today! Maybe that downward momentum is finally back!

Oh I do have something exciting to report! I bought our tickets and booked our hotel room for Biloxi on December 30th. We're going to see Barenaked Ladies in concert! Yay! I'm so excited. I just love them!

Well I just finished w5d1 today and I've heard that this is the hardest week. Day 1 went just fine. It consisted of a 5 minute walk warmup - 5 minute jog - 3 minute walk - 5 min jog - 3 min walk -5 min jog and then 5 min walk cool down. Tuesday morning instead of 5 min I should be jogging 8 min.

I don't have much on the agenda today except clean the house. May get hubby to take care of the groceries that way I can clean and do laundry.

Eating and exercise both have been OP all last week and I finally see 219 solidly today! Maybe that downward momentum is finally back!

Oh I do have something exciting to report! I bought our tickets and booked our hotel room for Biloxi on December 30th. We're going to see Barenaked Ladies in concert! Yay! I'm so excited. I just love them!

Yeah for you:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Great job this week.

Congrats on your concert tix and room res!! I just love knowing I have trips planned, even short ones, it gives me something to look forward to:cool1:.

W5D2 is done and that's 8 minutes consecutively twice! Thursday or Friday's will be my first "big" run. 20 minutes. :scared1:

I may need to find another app to try. My noom which has worked flawlessly so far has now decided to act crazy when I try to track my run. Now, previously I have been just recording the walking and manually entering my run time in later (since with the c25k you basically do intervals..I was keying in my running minutes after the fact). But i've noticed when I set the program to record run now instead of walk, it acts completely wonky and pauses/resumes at odd times. And during one point in my run today it said I was going 18mph. Um, no. So I might need to look into something a bit more accurate. I do have my gps turned on on my phone as well. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

W5D2 is done and that's 8 minutes consecutively twice! Thursday or Friday's will be my first "big" run. 20 minutes. :scared1:

I may need to find another app to try. My noom which has worked flawlessly so far has now decided to act crazy when I try to track my run. Now, previously I have been just recording the walking and manually entering my run time in later (since with the c25k you basically do intervals..I was keying in my running minutes after the fact). But i've noticed when I set the program to record run now instead of walk, it acts completely wonky and pauses/resumes at odd times. And during one point in my run today it said I was going 18mph. Um, no. So I might need to look into something a bit more accurate. I do have my gps turned on on my phone as well. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Wooohoooo! Great job on your 8 minute runs!!!:dance3:

Just think how great you are going to feel after your 20 min run this week and you can get through it!

I really need to look at the c25k again. I stopped following the program and have been just doing my own thing, but need to get back to some guidance.

This is the furthest along I have ever been with it and so far, I swear by it. If you would have asked me 5 weeks ago to run 8 minutes much less 5 or so, I'd have though you were crazy!

DW used it for her training I she laughed when I first downloaded it to her iPod for her. She said there's absolutely NO FREAKING WAY I'll ever run for 30 minutes straight. Now she's doing just that 4 times a week.

Great job on the running!! I keep telling myself that I should start running, because everyone I know that runs really likes it. Yeah, and then I go do it...and I realize why I don't run! I don't like it at all!! I don't even thing a lion chasing me would get me to run!! :rotfl:

A quick drive by post to let you all know that I did it! 20 minutes straight. (mind you it was only about 3.5 mph - average). I thought about halfway through that there was no freaking way I could do this but I guess I got a second wind or something. The last half ended up being easier than the first half!

A quick drive by post to let you all know that I did it! 20 minutes straight. (mind you it was only about 3.5 mph - average). I thought about halfway through that there was no freaking way I could do this but I guess I got a second wind or something. The last half ended up being easier than the first half!

Ah! You're first runner's high. Once you taste it, you're addicted! lol.

Oh that's awesome Desiree:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Congratulations! And keep up the great work!

Thanks guys!

OK TMI warning here....

You have been warned.

TOM is kicking my butt today. If I wasn't off for the weekend, I'd have definitely called in sick today. Cramps, bloating and just general blah feeling so I think I will take it easy today. Sending hubby to the store for our groceries in a bit and maybe later I'll feel like starting laundry or something. If not it can wait until tomorrow. But.. I did have a surprise when I checked the scale this morning. A mini-whoosh! Scale said 217.4 which was a complete shock since I swear I feel at least 300 pounds right now.

Not much going on here for the rest of the weekend either. But yesterday was pretty productive. Got my turkeys and a few thanksgiving groceries purchased. Will finish that up later in the week before the crowds. Also took my dad to eat lunch for Veteran's day yesterday and visited with mom and dad. And started finalizing some plans for our Disney/Universal trip in May. We will call and book everything Sunday. And finally, DD was stage managing a play with her drama club last night and we went to that.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter