Flickr

Flickr has this new feature called a "Gallery". Basically, it allows you to select from others' photos and add them to your own gallery along with your own commentary for each shot.

I like the feature because it's one of the first things I've seen that allows you to assemble pictures from others that you really like and control their display. Here, we have the option of quoting an image that someone else posts and complimenting them on it, but we can't really say, "Hey, John, post a link to this picture of yours beside Cletus' picture here, I like them both and I want others to see them." Well, we could, but people may not be inclined to oblige.

Anyway, below is a link to a gallery of innovative (as I see them) Walt Disney World shots posted by some of my contacts this summer. Coming up with more creative and fresh shots has become a goal of mine, and oddly enough, I've found that the work of others' (along with old WDW souvenir books) can be the perfect catalyst to get the creative juices following.

Innovative Walt Disney World Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10245245@N07/galleries/72157622439111366/#gallery-comments

Let's see any galleries you've created!

I don't have any strictly Disney gallery, but there are Disney scattered through these.

My Flickr Galleries
... the themes: Smiles, Eyes, and Crazy Pics.

Been on dis for a over a year and have not seen this forum. I am a photography student in college. So i am developing my talent. Hoping to be as good as you guys and girls on here.
okay so i recently joined flickr. I am have uploaded picture to my flickr account. My question is how do i "share" them so i can post on here?

Angie

Been on dis for a over a year and have not seen this forum. I am a photography student in college. So i am developing my talent. Hoping to be as good as you guys and girls on here.
okay so i recently joined flickr. I am have uploaded picture to my flickr account. My question is how do i "share" them so i can post on here?

Angie

Hi I had this same problem. I asked but know one helped so I figured it out on my own. There might be an easier way but this is what I do.

Click on the picture you want to post.
Then after you click on it there will be some choices above the picture.
You want to click on the 5th choice. It says ALL SIZES.
Then after that it will have five size choices above the picture. Click on the size you want.
Then below the picture you have 2 choices.
1. Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage:
2. Grab the photo's URL:
You want the second choice. It will look like this.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/4003128986_b1a936d478_b.jpg
What you want to do is add
at the end of the jpg. You don't want and spaces.
After you add the
copy and paste it into your post.

4003128986_b1a936d478_b.jpg

just be careful what you put on flickr or any other free site. some have had photos stolen from there. i never put anything on there that i care if it's used without my permission

for any photo, you can click the mountain yellow icon on the row that starts with "B' in the reply box that comes up when you hit the post button and a box will come up where you paste a url. saves you from typing the imgs

I use a Firefox plugin called "All Sizes" (have to get Greasemonkey first). If you Google "Firefox hacks greasemonkey all sizes" I'm sure you'll find instructions. It's much easier than doing it all manually.

That's cool. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the current administration the Official White House Photostream on Flickr is just amazing and worth a look. Pete Souza is an extremely talented photojournalist.

HERE is one of my favorite shots of his. 24mm f/1.6

Very cool--I guess being the President really does have its perks. :thumbsup2

I love seeing what lenses they use at the white house - they are definitely some I would like to get my hands on!

Normally Flickr links are tracked, but evidently, according to their help section, some sources won't show you the link, such as RSS feeds.

I have a group of about 10 photos getting equal numbers of hits the last few days that all show "Unknown Source". All of the photos are from a golf tournament (The Players Championship). Each photo gets the same number of hits per day - six each yesterday, three each so far today, etc.

Anyone know of a way to track down where they are hiding? I'm more curious than anything. :confused3

Already tried Tinyeye and Google - web and image and blog seaches - but no luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter