DH is mean

I would like to take this opportunity to defend Robo,his response, and his maps.(Not that he needs me to do so...) I felt his response was right on. And, he has helped thousands of people on here, and that, to me is a good definition of "a life"

:hippie:
Here we go again.

His response was like many others posted here, (my posts included) snarky and/or passive
aggressive.

There are 1000s of DISers who help people here.

Here we go again.

His response was like many others posted here, (my posts included) snarky and/or passive
aggressive.

There are 1000s of DISers who help people here.

Yeah-I get that. I was just agreeing with another person's sentiment. My comment was directed at the "get a life" about Robo's maps.

I know there are 1000's of DISers who help people-I helped someone this morning, someone helped me the other day. That is why it is called a community.

Sorry to have gotten OT about the mean husband issue. Carry on.

I usually do not post on any of these threads that are so controversial, but after reading this thread and this one (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=35780629) I have to say that you really need to stop and maybe get a good night's rest and think about all of this. I don't know if you mean for the things you are saying to come across they way they are, but really? You think everyone that can't afford 2 Disney vacations, a cruise, and other vacations in one year are such horrible people that don't even deserve your care? I really think you're just upset and venting and things are coming across wrong (or at least I hope), but really think about it...To say that anyone that doesn't have all you have is so low class because of their own laziness and doesn't even deserve our care? I'd like to think that I'm misinterpreting something there...

I too have put myself through college and worked hard for what I have. I most certainly am not "stuck in my situation because I lacked the wherewithall to pull myself out of my hole and get an education."

I am a single mom who is raising her girls entirely on her own - no help from a dad or the government mind you because I have the "wherewithall" to show my girls they can make a good life for themselves even when things aren't perfect. I work long hours, I run my girls to all of their activities/lessons between those lessons,and I have to plan all of our vacations - ALL ON MY OWN! There's no surprises for me either, but instead of thinking of it in that tone and feeling sorry for myself or "entitled" to more, I think that each time we go anywhere (Disney, the beach, even the movies) that I am thankful that we are able to spend that time together as a family and cherish each moment.

My oldest is going away to college this year and you can bet that our trip to Disney this year (after not going for 2 years) will be a treasured memory because we will make it that. We will enjoy each other's company and the experiences we have together.

I hope you are able to get through these emotions you are facing right now and enjoy your upcoming family moments also.

To the OP

After reading this thread and the "Bad Service Experience" thread (as linked in by ksloane), it doesn't sound as though your problem is with Disney. You should take these issues up privately with your DH.

I personally do not agree with your views (Specifically when you said "I know there are people out there who will never be able to afford the cruise line of the parks. No one cares about these people."), and can understand some of the flaming you have received. I have found your remarks to be fairly insensitive.

I hope that you are able to enjoy the trip that your husband booked for you, even if you do need to do some of the planning yourself. It sure beats trying to "struggle to find cool things to do at home."

I'm normally pretty nice on threads, but OP, I have to say something.

You get 3 trips to Disney this year. Your DH works and supports those trips. He even booked a cruise for your birthday. He has to WORK to support your Disney addiction, so he can't take off very long and doesn't want to go to Disney for ONE trip this year. OP, YOU ARE SPOILED.

Also, you can't have it both ways. You say you're upset because all of your trips for this year are planned. I love planning Disney trips, so I get feeling at odds when you don't have a trip to plan. But you then complain that your DH won't plan a trip. Go be a spoiled brat to your DH and hope that he doesn't wise up and RUN. I've NEVER heard someone so blessed in life complain SO much about NOTHING.

Oh, and GROW UP!

I hope this is not a personal attack, but I have to wonder if this person Fluffy is being "real" or if these posts are just to drum up drama on here? I mean it is almost hard to believe someone could really be that spoiled (her words) and can not react with some shame and dignity when so many posters point out such to her?? She says no one cares about people who are less fortunate?? I can believe that she doesn't care but that she can not see that most others do since we all keep pointing them out to her.

I'm just curious if she is "for real" or someone just seeing what kind of reaction she can drum up. Just curious???" I know there are some selfish people in the world, but to brag about how selfish they are and not back down ONE INCH when it is pointed out to them??? Sad thing is she probably is being real. I just wish it weren't so :sad2: . I too work with kids in social work and while their parents may be to blame for their lot in life, abused, neglected, and children who live in poverty are not and it is sad some can not even acknowledge their existance. Not that she is to blame for their lot in life, but she can't count her blessings, I guess that she is only hurting herself.

I hope this is not a personal attack, but I have to wonder if this person Fluffy is being "real" or if these posts are just to drum up drama on here?

I think you have a great point. It seems kinda funny that all 3 tickers are at the same place. I definitely call troll.

Well said... except for the flaming part... :rotfl2: I think she deserves the flaming. I have no patients for that kind of childishness from married adults.

If my wife were to come on here and say "My DH is mean" (which I am sometimes), she wouldn't hear the end of it. This is no place to air personal childish matters...

And my wife does come on here... I am not allowed to say her screen name though, becasue she has a secret crush on Robo... :)

:rotfl2:, well, it's not so "secretive" any more huh?:love:

OK I was getting ready to go to bed and my conscience is bothering me. Fluffy, I'm sorry for referring to you as selfish. I don't care for the way you talk about the less fortunate, but I should not call YOU something negative when you haven't done anything to me personally. I realize that despite your ability to take many trips, you obviously have stress and problems like anyone else. I apologize.

Just because you say no one cares about the less fortunate, that is not true. I care about them and about you. I hope I have not made your day worse. I like to help people, not bring them down. I hope you are able to focus on your blessings, which you very well may be able to, you just don't show it from your recent posts.

Take care.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter