DIS Divas' Christmas Stocking Exchange - COMPLETED!!

We are at 14 now. :santa:

I lit a gingerbread scented Christmas candle today and my room smells so good! It's windy and cloudy today, too. Almost makes me want to play Christmas carols! :goodvibes

Almost. ;)

haha...Christmas movies have been watched since September...Christmas music appeared 3 weeks ago...slowly... I'm thinking this weekend will be a Christmas movie marathon weekend...I'm tired, I'm cranky, I don't feel well, & I'm REALLY hoping it will put me in a better mood!

I can't wait to get my name so I can start shopping...glanced at some stockings at Bartells yesterday, but wasn't sure there was a good one....I did see an elf hat that was fabulous though! Can I stuff a large hat? :)

haha...Christmas movies have been watched since September...Christmas music appeared 3 weeks ago...slowly... I'm thinking this weekend will be a Christmas movie marathon weekend...I'm tired, I'm cranky, I don't feel well, & I'm REALLY hoping it will put me in a better mood!

I can't wait to get my name so I can start shopping...glanced at some stockings at Bartells yesterday, but wasn't sure there was a good one....I did see an elf hat that was fabulous though! Can I stuff a large hat? :)

Aw, bummer. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. That sucks. Hope the movie marathon helps. Watch "White Christmas"! That's my favorite.
We also have to watch, The Grinch (cartoon version, not the Jim Carrey one), The Holiday, Christmas with the Kranks, and A Christmas Carol (the one with George C. Scott). Those are must sees for me. I also read "Skipping Christmas" every year. Love that book.

As for stuffing a large hat.... well, it's a stocking exchange, but really the stocking is just a means of transporting the goodies, much like an Easter basket. So, sure, why not. Just tell everyone the stores ran out of stockings in your area. They'll never know. :rolleyes1 ;) :p

We are at 17 sign ups now! Including some ladies who are not new to the group, but are doing their first ever exchange! :cool1: :yay: :santa:

Happy Saturday, exchangers! We have 18 ladies signed up to exchange Christmas stockings and goodies. Will we make it to 20? :santa: Sign-ups will close on Monday morning around 9:00 a.m., and names will go out later that morning and afternoon. Hope to see a couple more of you join in the fun!

Christmas-Tree-Wallpaper-christmas-8142630-1024-7681.jpg

Got your sign-up, Michele. :)

We are now at 20. That's 5 more than last year's Christmas exchange. Yay!

I actually wasn't going to do this exchange because of our WA trip coming up, and our minivan dying, plus Adam and Noelle's birthdays, and Christmas shopping. But, I decided....what the heck. LOL I could use something cheery in the mail! :goodvibes

I love this exchange but have to pass since we'll be in Disneyland during the opening. (we'll be away from home from Dec 7-17). I look forward to seeing everyone's pics!!!

mommaU4 said:
We are at 17 sign ups now! Including some ladies who are not new to the group, but are doing their first ever exchange! :cool1: :yay: :santa:

Well I went to the mini meet yesterday with Kandace and did a little shopping. Today was Christmas movies...I love all if the ones you mentioned and agree about George C Scott!!!
This weekend was was Elf, Christmas with the Kranks, and some random Hallmark-type movies....Mrs Miracle, the Christmas Card, Moonlight and Mistletoe, and All I Want for Christmas ... not wanting to go to work this week... cannot wait for Thanksgiving and a 4 day break!!! :)

Well I went to the mini meet yesterday with Kandace and did a little shopping. Today was Christmas movies...I love all if the ones you mentioned and agree about George C Scott!!!
This weekend was was Elf, Christmas with the Kranks, and some random Hallmark-type movies....Mrs Miracle, the Christmas Card, Moonlight and Mistletoe, and All I Want for Christmas ... not wanting to go to work this week... cannot wait for Thanksgiving and a 4 day break!!! :)

Oh, duh!! How could I forget Elf? I must be a cotton headed ninny muggins! lol
Glad you had fun shopping with Kandace. :)

I cannot handle the Hallmark movies. They make me cry. Just like that darn "Christmas Shoes" song. Do you know that one? Makes me cry every freaking time. It came on the radio one year when Noelle and I were out doing Christmas shopping, and I got so teary I didn't think I could see to drive! She was just laughing and laughing at me. :sad2: :rotfl:

Anyway, sign ups close later this morning and names will be out today!! :cool1:

Oh, duh!! How could I forget Elf? I must be a cotton headed ninny muggins! lol
Glad you had fun shopping with Kandace. :)

I cannot handle the Hallmark movies. They make me cry. Just like that darn "Christmas Shoes" song. Do you know that one? Makes me cry every freaking time. It came on the radio one year when Noelle and I were out doing Christmas shopping, and I got so teary I didn't think I could see to drive! She was just laughing and laughing at me. :sad2: :rotfl:

Anyway, sign ups close later this morning and names will be out today!! :cool1:

Oh my gosh YES!!! I ball like a little baby!! YES....I cried during EVERY movie I watched yesterday! My daughter laughs at me too! Although she LOVES the Christmas Shoes song & sings it beautifully!

I LOVE cotton headed ninny muggins! hehe There really are so many great Christmas movies.

All the names are out! Check your messages either on Facebook or here on the DIS! :cool1: Then go shop!! Whoo hoo! :hyper:
Hurry. Go. Shop.
What are you waiting for? ;)

Some reminders:

Mail-by date is November 30th.
Minimum dollar amount is $25 before shipping. That DOES include the cost of the stocking, but it does NOT include any extras or freebies should you choose to include them. You can either choose a nicer, more expensive stocking and spend less on the items inside, or you can get a dollar store stocking and spend more on the items inside. The choice is yours.
I strongly suggest getting delivery confirmation when mailing your package. Truly, I do.
You can wrap the items inside the stocking if you want. That's up to you. Make sure to include a note or card letting your person know who sent it

Once you receive your package, post here that you received it, but DO NOT OPEN IT.
Untitled.jpg

We will be opening all our packages together on the same day, Friday, December 14 @ 7:00 p.m.
If that time/day doesn't work for you, feel free to open at another time that does. No worries.

I love White Christmas, The Grinch (both the live and the animated versions), Elf and the Charlie Brown specials. :) There are others I enjoy but those are the ones I have to watch every year. Micah loves Miracle on 34th Street, I like that one enough but I don't love it.

I got my name! Thank You!! I will start shopping this weekend!! I already have a few things set aside that I've found but there will be more!!!! :)

Got my name, and I'm pretty excited to start shopping. I'll be shipping early since I'm leaving for WDW on the 27th (not rubbing it in, I swear):rotfl2:.

When we post that we shipped, do we post who we shipped to?

Woot! Got my name! :santa:

I'm gone Dec 7 - 15, so I will open mine on the 15th. :)

Three weeks to shop :scratchin, and I already have ideas... :idea:

When we post that we shipped, do we post who we shipped to?

Part of the fun is the reveal, so don't say who you sent it to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter