DIS DLP meet - the planning stage!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!! Looks like we should have a good gathering. We'll have to find a restaurant with a very big table!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Any more news on our gathering????

Nikki, I think Rhiannon is away at the moment, but I'm sure she will have some sort of update for us when she gets back.

Looking forward to meeting you! :flower:

Rhiannon only got back from hols late on Thursday night but is now in full planning mode. I'm sure she'll be on the board later today. We're really looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Hi everyone!

Really sorry I haven't added to this thread but I didn't get back from holiday till late Thursday night and the last few days have consisted of catching up on washing etc!! Suddenly September 11th doesn't seem far away!!

My Mum diberry has very kindly offered to help with the planning even though it was all my idea! I assume we're all agreed we'd like a meal. We've thought about restaurants where we'd be able to take a big party which will include kids and where they won't care if we're noisy!! The 2 best places in Nottingham would probably be TGI Friday's and Hard Rock Cafe. Does anybody have any preferences? Does anybody have any dietary requeirements?

As for anything else to do, I don't know if anyone has a burning desire to do anything in particular in Nottingham? It might be nice to go somewhere where we can chat and possibly have a quiz. The castle grounds could be nice for this and people could go off and see the castle if they wanted to, but the main concern here would be the weather! Mum is looking into family friendly pubs in case of bad weather.

Any responses/comments/ideas welcome!! Now I'm off to catch up on all the threads I've missed in the last 2 weeks!

Either of those places sounds fine - but which one is nearer to the "Olde Trip to Jerusalem"?!! That's the only place Ol has any great desire to see while he's in Nottingham!!! :rolleyes:

Both are near each other and neither particularly close to the Olde Trip but everywhere in Nottingham city centre is within walking distance. The Olde Trip is very near the castle if we were to go there.

I'm sure Ol wants to appreciate the history of the Olde trip as a very old pub and nothing else!! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

I'll just jump in here if you don't mind! Tell Ol he's got excellent taste!!!! It's a fascinating pub and right by the castle. There are other historic buildings nearby too if anyone's interested and a tour of the extensive caves under the city. There's also a place called "The Tales of Robin Hood" (tenuous link to Disney!!!) near the castle which is a sort of Peter Pan type ride and interactive exhibits - interesting but may be a bit scary for the little girls in the party. Neither restaurant is particularly near the "Trip" and the castle - very little difference in distance - probably about 15 minutes on foot.

No dietary requirements here and would be happy with either choice of restaurant. As for Nottingham itself, I've never been there and would certainly like to do the castle, and while DW grew up just 15 miles away, she hasn't been there for almost 20 years, so she'd like to see how it's all changed (or hasn't!)

DisneyRGB said:
I'm sure Ol wants to appreciate the history of the Olde trip as a very old pub and nothing else!! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

:rotfl: Actually, in all fairness to Ol, he does want to "appreciate the history of the place" AND probably try a good beer at the same time!! He's very interested in both - and when they can be found in the same place, it's a winning combination!!

Di - is the Tales of Robin Hood still going?!! We went about 14 years ago, and I remember really enjoying it.

Bexx said:
Di - is the Tales of Robin Hood still going?!! We went about 14 years ago, and I remember really enjoying it.
Yes, very much so. Can you remember well enough to assess if it would scare your 2 and Joanne's 2 girls? People might find it a bit pricey though - Adults: £7.95, Children: £5.95, Under 4's £1.95, Students: £6.95. Oh, that's really funny - I just went on their website http://www.robinhood.uk.com/tourist_1.htm
and apparently the Independent newspaper has described it as "A little Disneyland"!!!!! :rotfl:

Verity Chambers said:
Anywhere sounds good to me, as long as there's food!!! ;)
:rotfl2: Make the most of "eating for two" and not having to hold your stomach in while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diberry said:
:rotfl2: Make the most of "eating for two" and not having to hold your stomach in while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to say that!!! :teeth:

Di - I really can't remember if the Robin Hood Experience would frighten young children or not. As far as my two are concerned, I'm sure Zoe would be fine, but Amy would find something to whimper about - she certainly did at WDW!!! But anyway, personally speaking, we would be quite happy to have a meal and then maybe a little wander - I don't think we will have enough time to make the admission price to the RHE worthwhile. But don't let that stop anyone else.

BTW I'll take this opportunity to mention that Amy knows nothing about our upcoming trip to DLP (in 69 days time!! ;)) - so if we can keep it a secret I would be most grateful!!

Bexx said:
BTW I'll take this opportunity to mention that Amy knows nothing about our upcoming trip to DLP (in 69 days time!! ;)) - so if we can keep it a secret I would be most grateful!!
OK - I'll try to keep my big mouth shut!!! ;) but am renowned for foot-in-mouth disease!!!!!

The Tales of Robin Hood is a famous attraction but obviously it costs and as Becky points out people might not have time to go on, since people will probably have to leave at different times depending on travelling etc. The castle, caves and Olde Trip are free/cheap to get into and would probably not take up so much time, so this could be a good idea after lunch; they are also all pretty much next to each other. Of course if others have more time and want to do the Tales of Robin Hood, they could also do that, it's also near the castle.

Haven't been to the Tales of Robin Hood for YEARS (funny how you don't do these things when they're practically on your doorstep) but I remember I was fine but my older brother was in tears!!! :rotfl2:

Becky - you might want to have a quick word in our ears about keeping our mouths shut about your trip with Amy, I'm sure we'll remember to keep it quiet but I'd really hate to ruin the surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter