DIS DLP meet - the planning stage!

DisneyRGB said:
Haven't been to the Tales of Robin Hood for YEARS (funny how you don't do these things when they're practically on your doorstep) but I remember I was fine but my older brother was in tears!!! :rotfl2:
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist telling this one!!! :rotfl:

diberry said:
OK - I'll try to keep my big mouth shut!!! ;) but am renowned for foot-in-mouth disease!!!!!

I'm definitely a fellow sufferer!! :teeth:

But don't you or Rhiannon worry if you do say something. It's not so much about keeping it all a lovely surprise - though that will be fun if it works. It's more because I don't want her getting all hyped up about it, and constantly asking "how long 'till we go"!! It's all for my own benefit!!! ;)

If it's mentioned, it's mentioned - so be it!!

Bexx said:
What one, exactly?!! :scratchin :teeth:
Just the fact that Rhiannon took it all in her stride and her big brother was scared!! (Fortunately he doesn't read this board!!!)

diberry said:
Just the fact that Rhiannon took it all in her stride and her big brother was scared!! (Fortunately he doesn't read this board!!!)

Oh bless him!! I think I will be having similar situations with my two - young Zoe will take everything in her stride, while her older sister sobs dramatically!

Bexx said:
Oh bless him!! I think I will be having similar situations with my two - young Zoe will take everything in her stride, while her older sister sobs dramatically!
:rotfl:
It never ceases to amaze me how two children from the same gene pool and with the same upbringing can be so different!!! Definitely seems nature is stronger than nurture!!! But how boring if we were all the same!!!

Sorry I've not been able to access the old internet for a few days. Either restaurant sounds great to me. :cool1: It's still the 15th? I'm going to check out the trains before I log off! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Are we all going to carry a rolled up Disney Magazine or something so we know how to find each other?

I'll answer this as Rhiannon's at work, Nik. So glad you can still make it but if you come on 15th you'll have missed us by 4 days - 15th is a Thursday!!! It's Sunday 11th September!! You might need to check those trains again!!
If you or anyone else would like to be collected from the train (or bus) station, I'm sure Rhiannon or I will be happy to do that. I'm in the process of putting together street maps with car parking etc for everyone coming by car - I'll probably scan and PM them to people. If anybody needs anything else, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Di - I've sussed out the park and ride, but if you can recommend a central car park which is easy to get to from the A453, then I'd be delighted to hear about it!!

Nikki - I hope you're still okay for the 11th!!

I'm trying to post some maps here - don't know if it will let me but here goes!!
SAVE0001852x1200.jpg

SAVE0000852x1200.jpg

Oh good - it did!!
Anyone coming from the south may meet a few problems as the Robin Hood marathon is the same day (how dare they?????) Let me know if you need help negotiating and I'll set my DH onto it as he's good at that sort of thing!!

Have seen signs today that the marathon is morning only - 7am to noon, so this hopefully won't affect people - please don't let it put you off!! What time would those who are travelling be getting to Nottingham??

Nik - there are pictures of many of the people who are coming on the "Getting to know you" thread which Becky has recently "bumped". You could always go for the traditional DIS lime green ribbon so we know you're one of ours! I'm happy to PM people my mobile number if anyone wants so you can contact me if you have any problems.

I just have to say that Rhiannon and Di, it is really lovely of you two to organise this for everyone. You are just such a nice pair :grouphug: I am sorry that I can't come-I would really have liked to. Please, I hope you will post about it so we can all enjoy vicariously.

Nicola that's a lovely thing to say :goodvibes

I have to say I don't seem to be doing much of the planning now - Mum says she's happy to do it cos she's got more time than me but really it's just cos she's so nice! :hug:

It's a shame that you and many others on this board are too far away for this meet but there will definitely be photos and I'm sure we'll tell you all about it!!

Anybody else want to say nice things about me while we're on the topic????????? I'm basking in a rosy glow here!!! Sorry to disillusion you all but I'm really just a control freak!!!
We'll definitely be posting loads of info about the day and loads of photos too. We really hope you can come to the next one Nicola wherever that may be!! :)

Whoops! I knew I'd got that wrong! The 11th is fine. I knew it was the Sunday but obviously got the date wrong :confused3

I want to add my thanks though. I am looking forward to meeting everyone too.

Erika has dug out the lime green ribbon that she bought for Paris and promises to stick it on her bag!

Other than than, I've been recommended (by someone in the know) to park in the car park for the Victoria Centre, because apparently that's within a few minutes walking distance of both restaurants and is dead easy to find as well. Unless someone on here tells me otherwise, that's what we'll be going with.

As for the marathon here's a link to a list of roads that are closed.
http://racepayment.mirrorservers.co.uk/robinhoodmarathon05/info/road closures.doc.

Can anyone tell us if this will affect our route into the city from the M1? Assuming we're still planning to eat between 1 & 2pm, we would have been arriving at about 12:30 - still while the race is being run by the looks of it.

The Victoria Centre car park is an excellent choice Steve because, as you say, it's very near the restaurant and it's absolutely massive!
According to my DH you're better coming off the M1 at junction 25 rather than 26 because of the marathon. You should then come into the city centre from the North on the Mansfield Road which goes directly to the Victoria Centre. Please let me know if you have any problems/queries and I'll ask the expert!!
By the way, have you spotted the maps I put on this thread yesterday?

Sounds good to me, although I think you've got your junction numbers the wrong way round - J26 should be the more northern one, not J25?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter